LT - DBrick, Ijalana 
LG - Su'a-Filo (like the way he pulls)
C  - Mangold, Freeman
RG - Winters (moved), Campbell
RT - Howard, Aboushi
TE - Fiedorowicz, Lyerla, Sudfield
Slot - kerley
WR - Lee, Street, Hazelton**
QB - Geno, Mettenberger, Arron, Sanchez* (best of)
RB - Ivory, Powell, Wilder, Green
FB - Copeland

27 Offense

*if Sanchez restructures otherwise some other vet QB to compete
** keep 6 WR until Hill proves he can play.  I keep him as number 1 because of speed and can demand safety help over top

DB - Cro*, Belue, Walls
FS - Allen, Reed
OLB - Coples, Barnes
ILB - Harris, Jackson
ILB - Demario, Bellmore
OLB - Pace, Sam
DE - Wilks, Douzable
NT - Damon, Ellis
DE - Richardson
SS - TJ Ward**, Jarret
NB - Trufant
CB - Milliner, Lankaster

23 Defense

*If Cro restructures otherwise some other starting caliber FA
**My target FA 

Make sure there is DE on practice squad or cut Oday and replace with DE

May the best QB win in preseason.  Carry 4 until a starter is found.

Draft

1 WR Marqise Lee

2 OG Xavier Su'a-Filo

3 OLB Michael Sam

3 TE C.J. Fiedorowicz

4 QB Zach Mettenberger

4 CB Deion Belue

5 WR Devin Street

5 FB J.C. Copeland

6 RB James Wilder Jr.

6 TE Colt Lyerla

7 ILB Andrew Jackson

7 QB Aaron Murray

WR - Hill, Nelson

LT - DBrick, Ijalana 

LG - Su'a-Filo (like the way he pulls)

C  - Mangold, Freeman

RG - Winters (moved), Campbell

RT - Howard, Aboushi

TE - Fiedorowicz, Lyerla, Sudfield

Slot - kerley

WR - Lee, Street, Hazelton**

QB - Geno, Mettenberger, Arron, Sanchez* (best of)

RB - Ivory, Powell, Wilder, Green

FB - Copeland

27 Offense

*if Sanchez restructures otherwise some other vet QB to compete

** keep 6 WR until Hill proves he can play.  I keep him as number 1 because of speed and can demand safety help over top

DB - Cro*, Belue, Walls

FS - Allen, Reed

OLB - Coples, Barnes

ILB - Harris, Jackson

ILB - Demario, Bellmore

OLB - Pace, Sam

DE - Wilks, Douzable

NT - Damon, Ellis

DE - Richardson

SS - TJ Ward**, Jarret

NB - Trufant

CB - Milliner, Lankaster

23 Defense

*If Cro restructures otherwise some other starting caliber FA

**My target FA 

Make sure there is DE on practice squad or cut Oday and replace with DE

May the best QB win in preseason.  Carry 4 until a starter is found.

What does Idzik do with the remaining 20 million+ in cap space? Hope you didn't give TJ, and Hazelton 15 mill per year.

if we land ay of those TEs wow those guys are good and will become game changers and we land the two of them wich wont happen but if we do Geno will become much much better.

I think Filo will help Geno more than the 2nd TE (if we cant get both via draft just sign one from FA)

What does Idzik do with the remaining 20 million+ in cap space? Hope you didn't give TJ, and Hazelton 15 mill per year.

well lets see

Sign Howard $

Sign Sanchez or another Vet $

Sign Cro or another starting caliber DB $

Sign TJ Ward $

Sign Pace or equivalent $

Sign Reed or equivalent $

(i blieve one or more of Trufant, Walls, and Lankaster) need to be signed or equivalent $

Sign Bellmore or equivalent $

Sign Douzable or equivalent $

I would try to lock down Wilks, Kerley, and Damon to longer contracts

Sign your draft picks $

pick your nose and see whats left - maybe upgrade a few more positions if you have more $ and owner ass is not squeaking.

well lets see

Sign Howard $

Sign TJ Ward $

(i blieve one or more of Trufant, Walls, and Lankaster) need to be signed or equivalent $

Sign your draft picks $

pick your nose and see whats left - maybe upgrade a few more positions if you have more $ and owner ass is not squeaking.

Yea I think with your projected roster there would be enough cap space to swap a guy like Hazelton for a Maclin.

Love the idea of getting both CJ, and Colt, don't get the FB pick, and would like to see a real recieving threat in the RB depth chart.

Yea I think with your projected roster there would be enough cap space to swap a guy like Hazelton for a Maclin.

Love the idea of getting both CJ, and Colt, don't get the FB pick, and would like to see a real recieving threat in the RB depth chart.

Copeland reminds me a lot of Richardson in that he just wants to play doesnt care the position type of thing.  Maybe he a Jag but I think it worth a late round pick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WrjD9jYx4U

I was thinking you keep Powell on as your receiving threat RB and the FB as H-Back (plus I ran out of picks).

I think Bohanon is not that good and they had him on field for a high percentage of plays.  If you are going to use a FB that much then try to get a good one.

as far as Maclin goes I dont totally disagree but if Hill does turn it around and become your #1 or #2 then Maclin would not see the field.  I'd rather use that money towards a CB and replace Cro.

Copeland reminds me a lot of Richardson in that he just wants to play doesnt care the position type of thing. Maybe he a Jag but I think it worth a late round pick

I was thinking you keep Powell on as your receiving threat RB and the FB as H-Back (plus I ran out of picks).

I think Bohanon is not that good and they had him on field for a high percentage of plays. If you are going to use a FB that much then try to get a good one.

as far as Maclin goes I dont totally disagree but if Hill does turn it around and become your #1 or #2 then Maclin would not see the field. I'd rather use that money towards a CB and replace Cro.

If we signed Maclin, and had trouble trying to get him on the field because we had better players at the position then him? Where do I sign?

well lets see

Sign Howard $

Sign TJ Ward $

Sign your draft picks $

love to keep duzable and barns they can rush the QB it will help the guys in the backfield, and we need help

I don't think you have enough bodies on defense and there are some guys under contract that will likely be back and earn spots.  In particular, I think you have the secondary a little off.  Wilson and Landry are under contract.  They might be cut, but they are not likely moving Lankster and Trufant ahead.  McIntyre is an RFA and likely to be back. FWIW, I think that Walls, Trufant and Bellore are RFAs. Pantale is signed and should be in camp at TE. Same goes for Goodson and Gates on O and Troy Davis @ LB.  I may be the only guy on earth that likes Gates, but even though he sucks, I'm pretty sure he is better than Hazelton. 

I don't think you have enough bodies on defense and there are some guys under contract that will likely be back and earn spots.  In particular, I think you have the secondary a little off.  Wilson and Landry are under contract.  They might be cut, but they are not likely moving Lankster and Trufant ahead.  McIntyre is an RFA and likely to be back. FWIW, I think that Walls, Trufant and Bellore are RFAs. Pantale is signed and should be in camp at TE. Same goes for Goodson and Gates on O and Troy Davis @ LB.  I may be the only guy on earth that likes Gates, but even though he sucks, I'm pretty sure he is better than Hazelton. 

Your right on Wilson as I thought this was contract year for him so I was letting him walk but if he is under contract I would def keep him for 2014 as I think he is better then the others

Landry I was letting walk because I think he is horrible

The others you mention i was saying to try and sign or replace with equivalent as none of them see much of the field.

Goodson, I dont believe he will be back with his legal issues but would def take him over green

Gates sucks butter fingers

I had the numbers the same as what they were carrying as far as number of players on off\def.  You can thank Idzik for that because he is carrying 10 Offensive lineman.

Your right on Wilson as I thought this was contract year for him so I was letting him walk but if he is under contract I would def keep him for 2014 as I think he is better then the others

Landry I was letting walk because I think he is horrible

The others you mention i was saying to try and sign or replace with equivalent as none of them see much of the field.

Goodson, I dont believe he will be back with his legal issues but would def take him over green

Gates sucks butter fingers

I had the numbers the same as what they were carrying as far as number of players on off\def.  You can thank Idzik for that because he is carrying 10 Offensive lineman.

Yeah.  I didn't mean to piss on all your work. It's hard to keep track of all these guys.

I tend to agree on Landry, but I don't think the staff does.  I'm betting he is back, though I probably prefer things your way.  As I said, Gates sucks, but not as bad as Hazelton.  I would hope that this year they weed out some of the projects on Oline.  Hopefully some of those guys can play and can take the place of others or they cut bait and upgrade.  I think that Troy Davis will be back with the team.  He was a decent pass rusher with the team and his main problem was being a tweener - Rex is able to use tweeners (McIntyre, etc) and if he plays specials I think he'll stick.

cj fiedorowicz in rd 3 makes me happier than ebron or amero in 1

but on the other hand I think there will be rd2/3 WR like ODell Beckham JR who end up better than Lee. No more USC Dbags.

If Evans, Watkins, and Lee are off the board at 18 I would be taking best DB on the board and then in round 2 take the best WR (odell or landry are my favs)

If one of the 3 WR are there you take one and do BPA on round 2.

Yeah.  I didn't mean to piss on all your work. It's hard to keep track of all these guys.

I tend to agree on Landry, but I don't think the staff does.  I'm betting he is back, though I probably prefer things your way.  As I said, Gates sucks, but not as bad as Hazelton.  I would hope that this year they weed out some of the projects on Oline.  Hopefully some of those guys can play and can take the place of others or they cut bait and upgrade.  I think that Troy Davis will be back with the team.  He was a decent pass rusher with the team and his main problem was being a tweener - Rex is able to use tweeners (McIntyre, etc) and if he plays specials I think he'll stick.

no worries I didn't take it as hostile.  Just posting this stuff for fun.  

and when I do this stuff im not too worried about the bottom of the lineup just those players who will see approx 20% or more of the snaps that are not STs.  Since they come and go too often to care.

Archived