NFL Playoffs thread

T0mShane

For those younger Jets fans, the "playoffs" are a series of games played between the best teams in the NFL that ultimately decide a champion.

A "champion" is the team that wins the Super Bowl.

The "Super Bowl" is the game played between the last two teams in the playoffs.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea probably will be 24-21 at half somehow.

Somehow?  Goodell watches these games with a red, land-line phone at his side while smoking a cigar in a dark room.  He calls the refs on a special headset when they go into the "review booths" (strangely curtained if you ask me), and there's a phone bank on either side-line for the players to get specific instructions on upcoming plays.

He invents new rules to affect the outcome of games.  

Today's new rule will be to protect Andrew Luck: no hitting the QB from the side when he's stepping into his throw.  Book it.  

Did the Chief's get back their 2 seconds rounders? Still looking like a steal compared to what the Colts traded a first for

Im not sure, but Smith is carving up the Colts right now and he's been good all year imo. There was a time last year where I wouldnt have mind picking smith up. Thrown 8 passes for 181 yards and 3 TD's and this is with Charles hurt. its not even halftime. Andy Reid is f'ing smart. 

Im not sure, but Smith is carving up the Colts right now and he's been good all year imo. There was a time last year where I wouldnt have mind picking smith up. Thrown 8 passes for 181 yards and 3 TD's and this is with Charles hurt. its not even halftime. Andy Reid is f'ing smart. 

I don't think we the ammo to trade for Smith.... High 2nd rd pick and a 2014 3rd that now has become a 2nd.

You have to wonder in a game like this, how much responsibility the coach bears for his team not showing up. The Colts just beat this team a few weeks ago on the road, this turn around speaks to the disparity in coaching between Reid and Pagano in my view. And from a Jet fan perspective, this just makes me even happier about having Rex. Pagano will get to have his stock rise due to the emergence of Luck, who like Peyton and other great quarterbacks, always make their coaches look better than they really are. By the end of the day, Andrew Luck and Chuck Pagano will be 0-2 in the playoffs against what in my view were not even the best teams in the conference in 2012 and 2013.

You have to wonder in a game like this, how much responsibility the coach bears for his team not showing up. The Colts just beat this team a few weeks ago on the road, this turn around speaks to the disparity in coaching between Reid and Pagano in my view. And from a Jet fan perspective, this just makes me even happier about having Rex. Pagano will get to have his stock rise due to the emergence of Luck, who like Peyton and other great quarterbacks, always make their coaches look better than they really are. By the end of the day, Andrew Luck and Chuck Pagano will be 0-2 in the playoffs against what in my view were not even the best teams in the conference in 2012 and 2013.

What does this even mean?  So Luck in his first two years has made the playoffs twice.     Geno Smith is sitting at home in year one.

And we can say Rex and the Jets did better than expected, but at this point Reid, A. Smith and the Chiefs were a 2-14 team last year and are now looking like a team moving to the divisional round.  I'd say they were a better turn around then the jets were.

And we can say Rex and the Jets did better than expected, but at this point Reid, A. Smith and the Chiefs were a 2-14 team last year and are now looking like a team moving to the divisional round.  I'd say they were a better turn around then the jets were.

I would take that Chiefs 2-14 roster over this years Jets roster without a 2nd thought! How you win only 2 games with 7 pro bowlers, and a healthy J Charles is mystifying, truly shows you how much both a QB, AND a HC mean in the NFL, it's really not one, or the other it's both (except with P Manning).

And we can say Rex and the Jets did better than expected, but at this point Reid, A. Smith and the Chiefs were a 2-14 team last year and are now looking like a team moving to the divisional round. I'd say they were a better turn around then the jets were.

Bullsh*t. Going from 6-10 to 8-8 is like raising the Titanic.

Archived