Tebow

TuscanyTile2

Watch the video at the URL below.  Tebow has worked w/ a QB coach and has a normal throwing motion now.  I wouldn't count him out.  And I know probably nobody will agree w/ me on this but I wouldn't mind the Jets giving him a tryout next year. 

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2014/01/07/Tebow-Dilfer

Former NFL quarterback Trent Dilfer, who starred at Fresno State and won a Super Bowl with the Baltimore Ravens, said Tim Tebow was one of the best quarterbacks in college football without even knowing how to throw a football properly. 

Now, according to Dilfer, Tebow can throw the football like an NFL quarterback and deserves a shot on an NFL roster. He predicted that Tebow would eventually make an NFL roster again.

In a segment for ESPN, Dilfer said that Tebow wanted Dilfer to give him an objective evaluation. Dilfer went to USC's campus and profiled Tebow's intense devotion to bettering himself as a quarterback. Tebow spent 10 hours a day for six days a week training doing hundreds of thousands of reps. And he did that for five months to make himself a better quarterback. He pushed himself to the limit every day because he just "wants it." In addition to not wanting to be associated with the intense reaction Tebow gets from those who value his embrace of his Christian faith and those rankled by it, NFL teams have complained that Tebow was not able to make "NFL-type throws" while in the league. 

Now, Dilfer said that NFL scouts would not the know the difference between Tebow's spiral and those of other NFL quarterbacks, and he said teams should at least consider that.

Though Tebow is now an ESPN analyst for the network's SEC Network, he reportedly has an "out-clause" in his contract that will enable him to leave the network for the NFL if a team shows interests. 

In the offseason, former quarterbacks Chris Weinke and Vinnie Testaverde reportedly helped Tebow work on his footwork to make him a better passer. And a quarterback guru who has helped those like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, and Alex Smith said he has not seen anyone who is as relentless and motivated as Tebow since Nolan Ryan.

His personality is such that it is not congruent with an NFL locker room, he says he's a christian

then takes his shirt off in front of cameras, and he brings so much negative attention to a team,

you can't have that at all, he is a Dennis Rodman type distraction - it's on him because he created

it, he is one of the better back up  QB's around, but a total A-hole.

I have a hunch that the Jets, especially under Rex, would be the last place he would want to go, considering how things went the year he spent here.

That being said, it is difficult not to cheer on somebody who works hard to correct a flaw which is holding him back.  His personal life is just that, and most of the negative feeling about him is because people feel he doesn't have the talent but keeps getting chances because of other reasons.  If  Tebow becomes a better thrower because of the work he put in, I kind of hope the guy latches on and maybe even starts somewhere.

He is a self centered all hype type of player. Also his throwing motion would still suck in a real nfl game. Almost anyone can look good on tape in practice. That's why so many qbs turn out to be busts.

His personality is such that it is not congruent with an NFL locker room, he says he's a christian

then takes his shirt off in front of cameras, and he brings so much negative attention to a team,

you can't have that at all, he is a Dennis Rodman type distraction - it's on him because he created

LOL

I don't want to see Tebow within a 100 miles of the Jets, but I'm confused.  What does his being a Christian have to do with his taking his shirt off in the rain?

LOL

I don't want to see Tebow within a 100 miles of the Jets, but I'm confused.  What does his being a Christian have to do with his taking his shirt off in the rain?

I was kinda wondering the same thing.  LOL

Truth is Im pretty sure this is all being done for one purpose.  Get the Jags to bite.  That is the one place Tebow could make a difference in the franchise.  They still love him down there.  Really don;t see him going any place else and I would say the Jets are somewhere behind the Raiders when it comes to places he would go. 

I do wish the kid luck though. 

Truth is Im pretty sure this is all being done for one purpose.  Get the Jags to bite.  That is the one place Tebow could make a difference in the franchise.  They still love him down there.  Really don;t see him going any place else and I would say the Jets are somewhere behind the Raiders when it comes to places he would go. 

Yep.    The Jags are the fit for him, and your also right the Jets are the last place he would come back to.  

How did he create it?

He is a self centered all hype type of player. Also his throwing motion would still suck in a real nfl game. Almost anyone can look good on tape in practice. That's why so many qbs turn out to be busts.

This kid is the opposite of self centered.

And if anything he's the exact opposite of the "great on tape" QB's that you mention.

I still think he should've gone to Canada. The wide open field up there is perfect for his game.

That said, the Jags are in the same boat regarding Tebow as any other team in the league - except it's 100x worse. As soon as he was signed, Tebow's army would be out in force. They'd be all over the radio down there. They'd put up billboards. They'd bombard training camp. And no amount of evidence that Tebow still can't play at an NFL level will dissuade them. Then the Jags are in a position of starting a bad QB, or facing the backlash of the community.

I don't think they'll do it.

We have seen this before: His throwing motion has been "fixed or changed", then he gets in the game and under pressure and the heat of the game, he reverts right back to LOOPING that ball so far that the damn ball comes out by  way of MARS.

You just cant change what comes natural to this kid. His delivery is awful.

I give the kid credit for trying but its hopeless for him to think he is QB. He's a freaking tightend with a the delivery of a Jack-in-the-Box.

The only way to change that delivery is to CUT OFF his left arm.

As someone who lives in Jacksonville and is around Jags fans and even went to two Jags games this season, I can tell you there is very little clamor for Tebow in this town. Of course there are some rabid very vocal Tebow lovers (I work with one and the guy literally goes into a tizzy at the mere mention of Tebow's name, it's hysterically funny) but the majority of Jags fans don't want him. 

A group of Tebow lovers tried to stage a rally outside the stadium during the season and so few people showed up they were actually outnumbered by the media. 

This kid is the opposite of self centered.

And if anything he's the exact opposite of the "great on tape" QB's that you mention.

This whole thread is based on him being good on tape.

He won't accept any position other than starting qb and was stubborn and selfish enough to end his career over it rather than contribute somewhere.

Tebow should at least have to prove that he can play this game at a professional level...  I understand he won a playoff game, but given where he is now (out of football) that did not prove to any talent evaluator after his time with the Patriots that he was worth picking up...

I agree with those that said he should consider the CFL...Flutie did it and came bnack to have an NFL career so can Tebow...

Although I am not sure I would call his time in the NFL after denver a shot at any thing really. 

How would you not? He was on the Jets roster for a full season, participated in practice every day, got to play in games. When he did play, he was useless and showed almost a complete lack of football instinct (which to me is even more damning than his awful mechanics.) 

He then got signed by the Pats and participated in a full training camp and got extensive playing time in the preseason and was given every opportunity to win a job. He was awful and got cut. 

You do realize that what we see as fans in games is only like 10% of the football these guys are playing, right? The coaches see these guys in practice every day. The OP is basing his opinion of a couple of throws in a five minute video. Ever think that ESPN selected those particular throws because they made Tebow look good? :face:

Archived