Reporting Posts \ Expected Code Of Conduct

Just want to say thank you to those that have reported posts recently that we may have missed.  We try to read everything here but we do miss some stuff from time to time, so there have been one or two reported posts in the past few months that we are thankful for.  We appreciate the heads up.

What has been happening much more frequently recently, is people reporting posts and telling us what to do.  Well, that isn't how the system works. There have been more reported posts in the past 30 days than in the previous 5 years (I am being serious).  When we started the site, we actually disabled the report this post feature because we are all adults and we expect everyone to just work it out.  There are a handful of posters here that seem to have a hard time getting along.  We get different reasons back as to why this is, but I just want to give everyone a heads up that those reasons do not matter.

We don't have a lot of rules here.

• We ask that you avoid posting curses and anything that just isn't safe to view in a work environment.

• We ask that you avoid political talk.  Because we are Jets fans and are not concerned with party lines here.

• We also ask that you treat each other with respect and avoid personal attacks.

Some of you don't get along, that will happen when you have millions of posts on a message board.  What needs to happen in those cases is these users need to ignore each other.  Completely.  The bickering back and forth is officially over.  Check out the Ignore User option, it is pretty cool.

We have run this site without being heavy-handed.  That is also over.  I have now asked the moderators to just ban people when they don't get along.  We are going to avoid the 7 day \ slap on the wrist kind of banning as well.  When you are banned, you are banned.  That is our way of saying, thanks for stopping by but this community is going forward without you.

To the 99% of the posters that get along great and make this site what it is, THANK YOU.  We appreciate that you make this your home for Jets talk.  To the 1% that continue to fight and bicker while launching personal attacks -- sorry but if this continues you will be asked to leave.  Except we won't actually ask.  :)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, people actually "report" posts when they get their feelings hurt? Pretty sure I have never hit the 'report" button here.

Bunch of softies. 

For realz.. if a grown man "reports" another grown man for a post on a message board they need to find a hooker and get laid.  like pronto.

So --- serious post here --- everyone is now hitting report this post and that is hysterical.  Except that every reported post sends me like every notification possible.  So I need people to use it when they are serious only.

Hate to play this card, but tomorrow is pre-admission testing for my wife Lauren at the Cancer Hospital. Her surgery is a week away.  So this thread was an effort to say let's all just get along, because my time to deal with people fighting will be very limited.

Just to recap:

1. No political posts

2. Stop reporting posts

3. Feel free to go back and forth as much as you want in this thread, just no fighting.  :)

I will hang up and listen to your answer on the radio now, lol.

Any thoughts on just banning the babies hitting the report button, rather then the people being reported? There's two ways to skin this cat, and I think you aren't considering the other option.. get rid of the sensitive types

Any thoughts on just banning the babies hitting the report button, rather then the people being reported? There's two ways to skin this cat, and I think you aren't considering the other option.. get rid of the sensitive types

This has definitely been given consideration, and always remains an option.

Read the first post again.  I think you aren't understanding it.

What has been happening much more frequently recently, is people reporting posts and telling us what to do.  Well, that isn't how the system works. There have been more reported posts in the past 30 days than in the previous 5 years (I am being serious).  When we started the site, we actually disabled the report this post feature because we are all adults and we expect everyone to just work it out. 

Ape's fault.

I'm afraid it is.

I usually see the herp-a-derps here, and get all territorial and try to protect our turf, it comes across all wrong (meaning: I'm an a-hole) and then the mods get all of teh mads at me.

So, rather than trying to bullrush the derps outta here, I started reporting them this week and pointing out that they are doing stuff I've been banned for, or have received warnings for. Well, that seems to have backfired too.

In summary: 100% all my fault.

tomorrow is pre-admission testing for my wife Lauren at the Cancer Hospital. Her surgery is a week away. 

I don't know what is involved in this, nor would I ever ask you to explain it, but I hope it goes smoothly and the outcomes are for the best.

Yeah like you would have anything to do with a cat with no fur. HA!!

Archived