A-Hole suspended for 2014

slowmoe57

Your's gets to keep DHing, that seems unfair also

Let's not start this. This is a terrible argument, which is par for the course with you. Can't come up with anything worth a damn in your point so you divert to something that isn't relevant.

The Yankees signed him, they should have to deal with the repercussions.

Let's not start this. This is a terrible argument, which is par for the course with you. Can't come up with anything worth a damn in your point so you divert to something that isn't relevant.

They have the same number of positive tests, one in 2003.

Given your history of unbiased opinions I'm sure you would have been up in arms if Manny got caught while he was still on Bostons payroll, or was he clean while he was there also? I have trouble keeping up with you

And what does that have to do with why the Yankees should get payroll relief? You're not staying on topic here.

Arod got caught cause he's a sociopath who I actually believe can't connect action with consequence in his head. I could get HGH by tomorrow if I wanted without a paper trail, you're delusional if you actually believe the Red Sox are some clean, model organization and knowing you I guarantee you'd be crying about cap relief cause the Red Sox where victims of fraud if you flip the situation around. Deny it if you want, anyone who's read your crazy sh*t about ND, Boston or the Penguins knows you're insane.

Arod got caught cause he's a sociopath who I actually believe can't connect action with consequence in his head. I could get HGH by tomorrow if I wanted without a paper trail, you're delusional if you actually believe the Red Sox are some clean, model organization and knowing you I guarantee you'd be crying about cap relief cause the Red Sox where victims of fraud if you flip the situation around. Deny it if you want, anyone who's read your crazy sh*t about ND, Boston or the Penguins knows you're insane.

Okay bud. Whatever you say. I'm insane you you follow my posts and respond to everything. I've never said the Red Sox were a clean organization. None of them are. I'm just trying to have a baseball conversation here. It would be the same if it was any other team. You're delusional.

So does anyone want to seriously answer the question? Why should the Yanks get salary relief for this?

Good for business, bad for business.

I have no doubt that Rodriguez used PEDs. But as of right now he and his buddy David Arias Ortiz only tested positive in the supposed to be never released MLB test of 2003. Bug Papi's late life rebirth was chemically aided,strongly suspsect his curreent productivity also has to do with getting a little help. Once again, as with McGwire and Sosa, right now Ortiz is good for business, Rodriguez is bad for business. Reality is a lot of MLBers and pro athletes are using something. And the medical technology is getting better every day, And it's no longer some half asssed wiseguy at the local gym with a duffel bag of syringes, it's legimate doctors. Mark Madson of the Angels petitioned MLB to use HGH as a legitmate medical treatment to heal an injury; he was refused. But for how long can MLB say this course of treatment is banned if people in regular life use them all the time?

Bob Costas in on MLBN babbling about all this. But here is a paragon of society who thought Kirby Puckett was such a great guy he named his son after him.He also worked with noted wife beater OJ SImpson.In each case either Costas looked the other way rather than tell the public what awful people these guys were. Until of course it became clear Puckett was a very troubled/very bad guy , and OJ, well. Now the name Kirby Puckett doesn't cross his lips any more; wonder if he even sent flowers to the funeral. Bad for business.Did Kirby Costas change his name?

And we are to believe that Robby Cano's BS foundation spokeswoman just happened to be in Bosch's list of customers because middle aged ladies living in FLorida are bid roid heads. Again, Cano is for now seen as good for business.

Okay bud. Whatever you say. I'm insane you you follow my posts and respond to everything. I've never said the Red Sox were a clean organization. None of them are. I'm just trying to have a baseball conversation here. It would be the same if it was any other team. You're delusional.

So does anyone want to seriously answer the question? Why should the Yanks get salary relief for this?

I didn't hear you crying about the other 12 players, they didn't get suspended with pay. I wonder why this one has your panties I'm a bunch?

I didn't hear you crying about the other 12 players, they didn't get suspended with pay. I wonder why this one has your panties I'm a bunch?

I'm not wearing any panties. Also, comparing A-Rod and his ban and salary and the implications of such to the other guys is apples and oranges. No one else is getting the time that A-Rod is getting.

I'm not wearing any panties. Also, comparing A-Rod and his ban and salary and the implications of such to the other guys is apples and oranges. No one else is getting the time that A-Rod is getting.

If you say so. Salary relief for other ok, salary relief for Yankees bad........... because Carl doesn't like the implications, or oranges. I'm not sure

If you say so. Salary relief for other ok, salary relief for Yankees bad........... because Carl doesn't like the implications, or oranges. I'm not sure

I didn't say anything was okay about the others. They got their punishments and served them. I am curious as to why ANY team would get salary relief for this.

I didn't say anything was okay about the others. They got their punishments and served them. I am curious as to why ANY team would get salary relief for this.

Ok, cool. So it's now unfair across the board. I mean unless its a Red Sox player in which case we'll just argue that other teams got relief, so it's only fair. I mean that's the only real defense you can have for.Ortiz for testing positive in the same test as Arod, everyone else was doing it.

Ok, cool. So it's now unfair across the board. I mean unless its a Red Sox player in which case we'll just argue that other teams got relief, so it's only fair. I mean that's the only real defense you can have you Ortiz for testing positive in the same test as Arod, everyone else was doing it.

This thread is about A-Rod. Why are you continually trying to derail the conversation?

Ortiz tested positive for a banned substance. A-Rod did too. And then he admitted he did it more and more and then got caught up in this thing. Somewhere in there the Yankees RESIGNED him knowing his past and his issues. Any team that signs a known user shouldn't benefit from them getting caught again.

But that's not MLB rules. If a player is suspended for the whole season for any reason, the player doesnt get paid and as such what would've been paid does not count in salary. It has a simple logic.

But that's not MLB rules. If a player is suspended for the whole season for any reason, the player doesnt get paid and as such what would've been paid does not count in salary. It has a simple logic.

There's no place for logic here. Its bad for the Red Sox, so Carl thinks it's unfair

There's no place for logic here. Its bad for the Red Sox, so Carl thinks it's unfair

This has nothing to do with the Red Sox. Hell, it's better for the Sox if he doesn't get suspended at all.

I am just looking for a logical, well thought out response as to why the team that signs a player gets rewarded when that player is suspended for cheating? And this goes for any team.

This has nothing to do with the Red Sox. Hell, it's better for the Sox if he doesn't get suspended at all.

I am just looking for a logical, well thought out response as to why the team that signs a player gets rewarded when that player is suspended for cheating? And this goes for any team.

I know, I believe you. I remember how pissed you where about Ryan Braun. God dam Brewers gaming the system

I know, I believe you. I remember how pissed you where about Ryan Braun. God dam Brewers gaming the system

If there was a thread about Braun or any other player I would have said the same thing.

What other sport does this happen in? None. I suppose it's a salary cap thing but it still doesn't make sense. I'm done talking about it. I've proven my point.

If there was a thread about Braun or any other player I would have said the same thing.

What other sport does this happen in? None. I suppose it's a salary cap thing but it still doesn't make sense. I'm done talking about it. I've proven my point.

+1

Your objectivity is never in question. I'm glad Ortiz is smarter about his roid use because even though you'd be equally upset, I'm sure your soap box would seem slightly more wobbly.

The NFL and NBA haven't had players banned for a whole year in awhile, but I believe the rule is the same for both as MLB.

A banned player doesn't get paid. As such, you have failed to offer a logical reason for why a team should have to account for salary that is not being paid.

The NFL and NBA haven't had players banned for a whole year in awhile, but I believe the rule is the same for both as MLB.

A banned player doesn't get paid. As such, you have failed to offer a logical reason for why a team should have to account for salary that is not being paid.

An apples to orange comparison at best.  What is the point of this argument?

While the players might not get paid, do the teams in the NBA and NFL or NHL get cap relief? 

Anyways, Braun lost his salary, that Alex loses his is no big deal.  The Yankees are still on the hook for 60 million.

COnvinced the NBA barely tests at all, and they must tell the players when the tests will be. No way this many NBA players are living in the gym to be this cut. More proof JR Smith has to be one of the dumbest people on earth. The NBA and NHL do not test after March and never test at all during the playoffs. Think of the 3 monkeys-hear, speak and see no evil.

An apples to orange comparison at best.  What is the point of this argument?

While the players might not get paid, do the teams in the NBA and NFL or NHL get cap relief? 

Anyways, Braun lost his salary, that Alex loses his is no big deal.  The Yankees are still on the hook for 60 million.

The $60 mil is for salary AFTER the 2014 season, thst is, the 2015-17 seasons. Yanks don't have to pay for 2014.

The point of this argument is CrazyCarl40's dumb argument thst despite MLB rules a team should be held accountable for a suspended players salary.

The $60 mil is for salary AFTER the 2014 season, thst is, the 2015-17 seasons. Yanks don't have to pay for 2014.

The point of this argument is CrazyCarl40's dumb argument thst despite MLB rules a team should be held accountable for a suspended players salary.

I'm not saying the Yankees should have to pay. That's not my "dumb argument". My argument is that the Yankees and all other teams should still have to count what they would have been paying that player against the luxury tax. And it's not a dumb argument since no one has given me an actual reason why this is except for "that's just the way it is".

I'm not saying the Yankees should have to pay. That's not my "dumb argument". My argument is that the Yankees and all other teams should still have to count what they would have been paying that player against the luxury tax. And it's not a dumb argument since no one has given me an actual reason why this is except for "that's just the way it is".

Its called the collective bargaining agreement buddy boy and it wasn't the evil Yankees that put it in there. I can guarantee you it was the players union who wants as much cap as possible. It makes perfect sense unless you're a crybaby Red Sox fan butt hurt by this. Teams budget X amount of dollars a year, A Rod is now not getting payed, players dont benefit by that money just sitting idol. You know there's hundreds of guys taking something in MLB including Ortiz who failed the same and only test A Rod ever did. The only thing separating A Rod from Ortiz is A Rod is an idiot and a heel, that and your fantastical devotion.

Its called the collective bargaining agreement buddy boy and it wasn't the evil Yankees that put it in there. I can guarantee you it was the players union who wants as much cap as possible. It makes perfect sense unless you're a crybaby Red Sox fan butt hurt by this. Teams budget X amount of dollars a year, A Rod is now not getting payed, players dont benefit by that money just sitting idol. You know there's hundreds of guys taking something in MLB including Ortiz who failed the same and only test A Rod ever did. The only thing separating A Rod from Ortiz is A Rod is an idiot and a heel, that and your fantastical devotion.

Ugh. You're utterly useless. You keep bringing up the same silly points and deflecting. And you don't know the difference between idol and idle.

I'm not butt hurt and I don't really care. I'm just curious as to why teams are rewarded for having players who cheat. Doesn't seem right. It's the offseason and nothing is happening so I just thought this was interesting. Obviously no one here is willing to have an actual discussion because it benefits their team. This doesn't impact my team at all. The Yankees even with the added payroll flexibility are not the favorites to win anything.

I'm still basking in the Championship. So. Yeah.

Ugh. You're utterly useless. You keep bringing up the same silly points and deflecting. And you don't know the difference between idol and idle.

I'm not butt hurt and I don't really care. I'm just curious as to why teams are rewarded for having players who cheat. Doesn't seem right. It's the offseason and nothing is happening so I just thought this was interesting. Obviously no one here is willing to have an actual discussion because it benefits their team. This doesn't impact my team at all. The Yankees even with the added payroll flexibility are not the favorites to win anything.

I'm still basking in the Championship. So. Yeah.

Butt hurt, I just told you why it doesn't count against the payroll isn't that what you're crying about? I'd be bitching if Papi got popped and Red Sox got more cap space, but I'd admit it's because I'm a Yankee fan and not pretend I'm just an unbias baseball observer, which is a laughable given your track.record.

Butt hurt, I just told you why it doesn't count against the payroll isn't that what you're crying about?

Douchenozzle, I'm not crying about anything. I posed a question. It's yet to be answered. You don't seem to be interested in answering it. This ends my participation in this conversation.

Douchenozzle, I'm not crying about anything. I posed a question. It's yet to be answered. You don't seem to be interested in answering it. This ends my participation in this conversation.

It's hard to answer you since you can't wrap your head around things like the bargaining agreement or economics. It actually explains a lot, like why you randomly choose teams like the Red Sox and Penguins to devote yourself to.

Actually, you haven't given an actual reason why it should count against the luxury tax considering the fact that the player is not getting paid and the team has been denied the benefit of the player's services for that season.

Archived