Luck Yes, Ge...No for Jet Fans?

Villain The Foe

When Andrew Luck and the Colts came back to beat the Chiefs, threads were made and many Jet fans were on the Andrew Luck gravy train, many comparing Luck to Geno. A man who was down by 28 points mostly because of his 1 pick in the first half and 2 picks in the second half decided to start throwing the ball to his reliable target in Hilton (Such a target that Geno has no equivalent to). With a mixture of Hilton being a beast, a lucky fumble bounce for a TD and the fact that the Chiefs simply thought they won the game going into halftime, Andrew Luck was able to win the game and was RIDICULOUSLY compared to Michael Jordan by the Colts GM. 

Now with a seasoned veteran squad in the Patriots being their opponent, a team that if is up by 3 TD's simply wont blow it, how does andrew luck perform? Worse than he did last week. Luck threw 4 INT's in the game. He has a total of 7 INT's this post season to just 6 TD's. Actually this is Andrew Lucks stats during the Playoffs. 

3 games played: 1-2 record, 77 comp. 140 att. 54.45 comp%, 7.16 avg yds per comp, 6 TD's, 8Ints, 1 Fumb, 51.4 QBR, 68.1 RAT. 

This guy is hands down the 2nd most talented QB of his very talented rookie class, but when it comes to big games (not against Peyton Manning) he seems to choke up. Geno has thrown 21 INT's in a season with no weapons, terrible Guards with D'Brick and Mangold who are shells of themselves. Meanwhile, Andrew Luck was a fumble bounce away from being 0-2 in the playoffs and Jet fans are making threads praising this dude as if he's done something special when his only win came against a team that was up by so many points (4 TD's) that they forgot to play 4 quarters of football and literally beat themselves. Luck goes up against a veteran team that wont blow a multiple TD lead and gets blown out by 3 TD's. lol. 

My point here, though will be completely missed by some, is If Luck can play this poorly when playing against legit teams in meaningful games with all of the targets he's got around him yet be praised and sought after by Jet fans then Geno should get the benefit of the doubt by the fans of the team he plays on especially as a rookie who has beaten some of these teams that Luck has yet to beat and ending the season they way he did with a .500 record.

Flame on!  

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Colts supporting cast leaves much to be desired.

Right on point! The Colts suck. We destroyed them last year.  They are not a very good team. Luck has done a decent job under them and now he has to do it w/o WR Wayne which really shows how important it is to have a top notch wr.  If this topic dare suggest that Geno SUX Smith is equal to Luck, that is just beyond ludicrous.  

My point here, though will be completely missed by some, is If Luck can play this poorly when playing against legit teams in meaningful games with all of the targets he's got around him yet be praised and sought after by Jet fans then Geno should get the benefit of the doubt by the fans of the team he plays on especially as a rookie who has beaten some of these teams that Luck has yet to beat and ending the season they way he did with a .500 record.

Flame on!  

Right on point! The Colts suck. We destroyed them last year.  They are not a very good team. Luck has done a decent job under them and now he has to do it w/o WR Wayne which really shows how important it is to have a top notch wr.  If this topic dare suggest that Geno SUX Smith is equal to Luck, that is just beyond ludicrous.  

lol. 

I Never once compared Geno to Luck because quite frankly, the verdict is still out on the both of them. I would say "read what I stated" but thats not the problem here. This is just the case of SOJF. 

lol. 

I Never once compared Geno to Luck because quite frankly, the verdict is still out on the both of them. I would say "read what I stated" but thats not the problem here. This is just the case of SOJF. 

Whoa, the verdict is out on LUCK? The dude has already set records (Most passing yards in first 2 years in the league), has led his team to the playoffs in both years he has played, the first after his team was 1-15. The only verdict out on Luck is whether he will end his career as a top 5 or top 10 all-time great.

Come to think of it, the verdict is still out on Geno. Since he was the lowest rated QB in the NFL last year, the verdict out on him is whether he will actually be ranked ahead or behind SANCHEZ all-time.

Mentioning Smith with Luck is like mentioning Kotite with Parcells.

Whoa, the verdict is out on LUCK? The dude has already set records (Most passing yards in first 2 years in the league), has led his team to the playoffs in both years he has played, the first after his team was 1-15. The only verdict out on Luck is whether he will end his career as a top 5 or top 10 all-time great.

Come to think of it, the verdict is still out on Geno. Since he was the lowest rated QB in the NFL last year, the verdict out on him is whether he will actually be ranked ahead or behind SANCHEZ all-time.

Sanchez won 4 road playoff games in 2 years, how'd Luck do?

Just when I thought that you couldnt muster up a response. I was so happy when I read that I didnt even want to encourage you by responding to the initial post. Stay consistent why don't ya! 

:winking0001:

When Andrew Luck and the Colts came back to beat the Chiefs, threads were made and many Jet fans were on the Andrew Luck gravy train, many comparing Luck to Geno. A man who was down by 28 points mostly because of his 1 pick in the first half and 2 picks in the second half decided to start throwing the ball to his reliable target in Hilton (Such a target that Geno has no equivalent to). With a mixture of Hilton being a beast, a lucky fumble bounce for a TD and the fact that the Chiefs simply thought they won the game going into halftime, Andrew Luck was able to win the game and was RIDICULOUSLY compared to Michael Jordan by the Colts GM. 

Now with a seasoned veteran squad in the Patriots being their opponent, a team that if is up by 3 TD's simply wont blow it, how does andrew luck perform? Worse than he did last week. Luck threw 4 INT's in the game. He has a total of 7 INT's this post season to just 6 TD's. Actually this is Andrew Lucks stats during the Playoffs. 

3 games played: 1-2 record, 77 comp. 140 att. 54.45 comp%, 7.16 avg yds per comp, 6 TD's, 8Ints, 1 Fumb, 51.4 QBR, 68.1 RAT. 

This guy is hands down the 2nd most talented QB of his very talented rookie class, but when it comes to big games (not against Peyton Manning) he seems to choke up. Geno has thrown 21 INT's in a season with no weapons, terrible Guards with D'Brick and Mangold who are shells of themselves. Meanwhile, Andrew Luck was a fumble bounce away from being 0-2 in the playoffs and Jet fans are making threads praising this dude as if he's done something special when his only win came against a team that was up by so many points (4 TD's) that they forgot to play 4 quarters of football and literally beat themselves. Luck goes up against a veteran team that wont blow a multiple TD lead and gets blown out by 3 TD's. lol. 

Flame on!  

He took a team that went what, 2-14 to the playoffs. Geno has a better team then the Colts, if we had Luck, we'd be in the playoffs. Geno sucks, we'll be talking about what qb were going to draft in 3 years and be calling for the Jets to bench Smith in favor of some crappy backup.

He took a team that went what, 2-14 to the playoffs. Geno has a better team then the Colts, if we had Luck, we'd be in the playoffs. Geno sucks, we'll be talking about what qb were going to draft in 3 years and be calling for the Jets to bench Smith in favor of some crappy backup.

Luck took a team that TANKED TO DRAFT HIM. Get it right dude. 

Luck took a team that TANKED TO DRAFT HIM. Get it right dude. 

NO team or players sign on to tanking. Case in point, their head coach got fired after that year and they still tried to win games at the end of the season. Put Geno on the Colts, and they go 2-14 again. People are playing for their jobs, no one would sign on to tanking cause that's what gets you fired.

Just when I thought that you couldnt muster up a response. I was so happy when I read that I didnt even want to encourage you by responding to the initial post. Stay consistent why don't ya! 

:winking0001:

How can you NOT respond to a post that says the "verdict is still out on Luck"?

The dude is already TOP 5 in my opinion:

1.Manning

2.Brady

3.Rodgers

4.Luck

5.Brees

6.Wilson

7.Kaepernick

8.Romo

9.Rivers

10.Ryan

1.Manning

2.Brady

3.Rodgers

4.Luck

5.Brees

6.Wilson

7.Kaepernick

8.Romo

9.Rivers

10.Ryan

Luck over Brees, and Rivers? Kaepernick and Wilson ahead of Rivers and Romo? Crappy list their.

1.Manning

2.Brady

3.Rodgers

4.Luck

5.Brees

6.Wilson

7.Kaepernick

8.Romo

9.Rivers

10.Ryan

Look, I respect opinion. I think Reggie Miller is the greatest basketball player ever, because he was my favorite player. That wouldnt be very popular around the basketball world or even statistically. 

With that said, this is the most ridiculous thing I've read all damn day! lol. Your top 10 wouldnt be popular around the football world and certainly statistically. Luck's not even the best QB in his draft class. That my friend would be Russell WIlson. 

Luck definitely over Rivers, OK I'll listen to the Brees argument, and definitely both Kap and Wilson over Romo and Rivers.

You obviously didn't watch charger football then, cause he had a top 5 qb season. His qb rating was near the top of the league. Kaepernick had an awful season this year, so he should be below Romo, and Wilson has been good for a rookie qb, but he's still a rookie qb, Romo at this point is better then him.

Look, I respect opinion. I think Reggie Miller is the greatest basketball player ever, because he was my favorite player. That wouldnt be very popular around the basketball world or even statistically. 

With that said, this is the most ridiculous thing I've read all damn day! lol. Your top 10 wouldnt be popular around the football world and certainly statistically. Luck's not even the best QB in his draft class. That my friend would be Russell WIlson. 

Luck is the best qb in his draft class. He's being asked to do a lot more then Russell Wilson is. 

Archived