•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Luck Yes, Ge...No for Jet Fans?

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#26 joewillie78

joewillie78

lowest poster rating in the league

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

Actually, I would put Stafford at 9, move Rivers to 10, and take out Ryan.

Posted Image

#27 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Actually, I would put Stafford at 9, move Rivers to 10, and take out Ryan.

Stafford is a pick machine. Ryan is good, and Rivers had a way better season then Luck, Kaepernick, and Wilson. He was a top 5 qb this year. 

Edited by artemusclyde, 12 January 2014 - 08:52 PM.

Tom Brady can't pull tens like you do all day long.

#28 joewillie78

joewillie78

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

Luck over Brees, and Rivers? Kaepernick and Wilson ahead of Rivers and Romo? Crappy list their.

Luck definitely over Rivers, OK I'll listen to the Brees argument, and definitely both Kap and Wilson over Romo and Rivers.

Posted Image

#29 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

6 Years Is Enough. Time To Fire Rex

• Members
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

How can you NOT respond to a post that says the "verdict is still out on Luck"?

The dude is already TOP 5 in my opinion:

1.Manning
2.Brady
3.Rodgers
4.Luck
5.Brees
6.Wilson
7.Kaepernick
8.Romo
9.Rivers
10.Ryan

Look, I respect opinion. I think Reggie Miller is the greatest basketball player ever, because he was my favorite player. That wouldnt be very popular around the basketball world or even statistically. 

With that said, this is the most ridiculous thing I've read all damn day! lol. Your top 10 wouldnt be popular around the football world and certainly statistically. Luck's not even the best QB in his draft class. That my friend would be Russell WIlson. 

Edited by Villain The Foe, 12 January 2014 - 08:54 PM.

NYJetsScript.gif

#30 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

Luck definitely over Rivers, OK I'll listen to the Brees argument, and definitely both Kap and Wilson over Romo and Rivers.

You obviously didn't watch charger football then, cause he had a top 5 qb season. His qb rating was near the top of the league. Kaepernick had an awful season this year, so he should be below Romo, and Wilson has been good for a rookie qb, but he's still a rookie qb, Romo at this point is better then him.

Edited by artemusclyde, 12 January 2014 - 08:54 PM.

#31 joewillie78

joewillie78

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

Stafford is a pick machine. Ryan is good, and Rivers had a way better season then Luck, Kaepernick, and Wilson. He was a top 5 qb this year. 

If you are starting a team right NOW, who do you want? LUCK of course, and then Wilson, and then probably Kaepernick right?

Posted Image

#32 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

If you are starting a team right NOW, who do you want? LUCK of course, and then Wilson, and then probably Kaepernick right?

That's cause of their age and their potential. Their simply not at the older qb's level yet.

#33 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

And I'd take Cam Newton over Kaepernick.

#34 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Look, I respect opinion. I think Reggie Miller is the greatest basketball player ever, because he was my favorite player. That wouldnt be very popular around the basketball world or even statistically. 

With that said, this is the most ridiculous thing I've read all damn day! lol. Your top 10 wouldnt be popular around the football world and certainly statistically. Luck's not even the best QB in his draft class. That my friend would be Russell WIlson. 

Luck is the best qb in his draft class. He's being asked to do a lot more then Russell Wilson is. 

#35 joewillie78

joewillie78

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

And I'd take Cam Newton over Kaepernick.

Never.

Posted Image

#36 joewillie78

joewillie78

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Luck is the best qb in his draft class. He's being asked to do a lot more then Russell Wilson is. 

Of course.

Posted Image

#37 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

Never.

He's a better passer and is more athletic then Kaepernick. I'd take him over kaepernick.

#38 joewillie78

joewillie78

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

Bottom 5:

Schaub

Gabbert

Henne

Manuel

Smith

Posted Image

#39 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

Geno is better than Luck. Geno was being asked to do alot more with a lot less than Luck. 

See what I did there? 

NYJetsScript.gif

#40 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

Bottom 5:

Schaub

Gabbert

Henne

Manuel

Smith

And people are calling out for us to sign Schaub? Cause he's so much of an improvement over Smith when Smith sh*ts the bed. Honestly, this is probably one of our best shots at landing a franchise this draft because of so many prospects that might be the guy and I honestly can't believe that people want to stick with Geno cause he didn't play like sh*t the last two games against a Browns team that was demotivated and a dolphins team that was in process of choking.

#41 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Geno is better than Luck. Geno was being asked to do alot more with a lot less than Luck. 

See what I did there? 

Lmfao. Yeah that's why he passed like what, 5 times against the Saints or whatever team. Franchise qb right their. Your right though, we asked a lot of him by making him throw 5 times, I didn't think he'd be capable of that.

Edit: After looking it up, turns out it was against the dolphins. He was 4/10 for like 29 yards. Against the saints he was 8/19. You excited for our franchise qb?

Edited by artemusclyde, 12 January 2014 - 09:15 PM.

#42 joewillie78

joewillie78

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:11 PM

And people are calling out for us to sign Schaub? Cause he's so much of an improvement over Smith when Smith sh*ts the bed. Honestly, this is probably one of our best shots at landing a franchise this draft because of so many prospects that might be the guy and I honestly can't believe that people want to stick with Geno cause he didn't play like sh*t the last two games against a Browns team that was demotivated and a dolphins team that was in process of choking.

I agree. Schaub is AWFUL and his confidence is shot. If they do go FA,I like Vick, McCown, or Kolb. BUT of course, like you, I want Johnny Jet.

Posted Image

#43 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Lmfao. Yeah that's why he passed like what, 5 times against the Saints or whatever team. Franchise qb right their. Your right though, we asked a lot of him by making him throw 5 times, I didn't think he'd be capable of that.

Man, its like you SOJF's just dont get it. Let me slow it down for you.

You said that Luck was being asked to do more than Wilson. Thats stupid. They're both asked to win football games. Wilson is going to his 2nd NFCCG in 2 years and has a 16-1 record at home. 

So if you want to go with your logic then based on the fact that Geno had absolutely nothing on offense yet the Colts only won 2 more games than the Jets then I could say something equally as stupid. Not that it would make the statement true of course. MY apologies for stooping to that level of logic. 

Wilson is better than Luck because at the end of the day he's leaving it on the field and its producing W's and playoff wins. Luck is throwing 8 INT's to just 6 TD's and is barely completing over 50% of his passes in his playoff games which is 1-3 by the way. 

Edited by Villain The Foe, 12 January 2014 - 09:20 PM.

NYJetsScript.gif

#44 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

I agree. Schaub is AWFUL and his confidence is shot. If they do go FA,I like Vick, McCown, or Kolb. BUT of course, like you, I want Johnny Jet.

That list is the exact reason why we need to draft a qb. Their is no one out their right now in FA.

#45 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,247 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

The Colts supporting cast leaves much to be desired.

This... TY Hilton isn't actually that good, he's been taken out of games all year long... you just have to have healthy players and a competent DC, which Kansas City lacked 2 weeks ago. Luck powered that Colts team to better results than their collective talent level should have achieved.

In other words, the team around him sucks. That being said, the Pats got a TON of home cooking yesterday.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#46 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Man, its like you SOJF's just dont get it. Let me slow it down for you.

You said that Luck was being asked to do more than Wilson. Thats stupid. They're both asked to win football games. Wilson is going to his 2nd NFCCG in 2 years and has a 16-1 record at home. 

So if you want to go with your logic then based on the fact that Geno had absolutely nothing on offense yet the Colts only won 2 more games than the Jets then I could say something equally as stupid. Not that it would make the statement true of course. MY apologies for stooping to that level of logic. 

Wilson is better than Luck because at the end of the day he's leaving it on the field and its producing W's and playoff wins. Luck is throwing 8 INT's to just 6 TD's and is barely completing over 50% of his passes. 

He also has a team that didn't go 2-14 before he arrived and a team that made the playoffs the year or 2 years before he was drafted. Add in a much better running game and the fact that Luck is being asked to throw the ball more. You can see why I say Luck is better then him. The excuses you Geno homers make for why Geno sucks balls is what Luck is actually playing under in Indy. 

Edited by artemusclyde, 12 January 2014 - 09:23 PM.

#47 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

He also has a team that didn't go 2-14 before he arrived and a team that made the playoffs the year or 2 years before he was drafted. Add in a much better running game and the fact that Luck is being asked to throw the ball more. You can see why I say Luck is better then him. 

Dude, the Colts tanked their entire season that year to draft Andrew Luck. Everyone knows this.  Please stop it. 

Edited by Villain The Foe, 12 January 2014 - 09:24 PM.

NYJetsScript.gif

#48 artemusclyde

artemusclyde

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:25 PM

Dude, the Colts tanked their entire season that year to draft Andrew Luck. Everyone knows this.  Please stop it. 

Yes, their head coach willingly signed on to getting himself fired along with their GM to draft Luck. Sounds smart. The reason they sucked was cause Manning went down. That team was Manning. I remember the Colts defense looking to prove people wrong that said Manning was the team early on in the year. That team wasn't planning on tanking when Manning went down, hence why the GM and head coach got fired.

Edited by artemusclyde, 12 January 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#49 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

• Members
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

Yes, their head coach willingly signed on to getting himself fired along with their GM to draft Luck. Sounds smart. The reason they sucked was cause Manning went down. That team was Manning. I remember the Colts defense looking to prove people wrong that said Manning was the team early on in the year. That team wasn't planning on tanking when Manning went down, hence why the GM and head coach got fired.

Did the owner get fired? lol. 

NYJetsScript.gif

#50 joewillie78

joewillie78

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

I believe that maybe for the first 7 or 8 games, they were actually trying to win, but once it became evident that season was basically hopeless and Manning was gone, that in reality, for the last half of the season with LUCK at the top of the draft, that they made as little as effort as possible without looking like they were out and out tanking, but make no mistake, they were getting LUCK, no matter how many losses it took.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users