Luck Yes, Ge...No for Jet Fans?

Villain The Foe

LOL Jets fans don't deserve a real QB for this reason.

Was he referring to Luck being overrated? I hope not, because Luck had two of the best first 2 seasons ever for a QB, and in fact set a record for most yards ever in your first 2 seasons, and took over a 2-14 team and led them to the playoffs two consecutive years, and engineered the 2nd largest comeback in NFL playoff history.

Wow, I now have a new appreciation of the term "overrated"

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was he referring to Luck being overrated? I hope not, because Luck had two of the best first 2 seasons ever for a QB, and in fact set a record for most yards ever in your first 2 seasons, and took over a 2-14 team and led them to the playoffs two consecutive years, and engineered the 2nd largest comeback in NFL playoff history.

Wow, I now have a new appreciation of the term "overrated"

Yeah, because he lost to Bill Belichick that one time.  You know, the 3-time Super Bowl winner who rapes good QB's on a semi-regular basis.

I could give a rat's ass about comeback wins. The fact of the matter was, Geno failed to move the offense and often times put our defense in horrid positions. Nothing about him says he's a starting caliber qb and he frankly put, does not pass the eye test. He's awful. Sanchez also had comeback wins and was pretty good in the playoffs, and I hear no one hear calling for him to start.

Couldn't agree more. Wait I agree agree agree agree. I would take Sanchez over Geno Sux Smith in a millisecond.  While Sanchez is nothing more than an average QB, he at least can manage the game.  Smith cant manage his pecker in his pants.  He underthrows, overthrows, has horrible footwork, cant read a defense (I wonder if he can read at all?) doesn't have pocket awareness, doesn't step up into the pocket, cant read his hot routes, has zero feel for blitzes,  MAN this guy just plain SUCKS. 66.5 QB rating - dead last amongst ALL Qb's..worse than Brandon Weeden (who is history in Cleve) worse than Henne, worse than Shaub and Keenum who led the Texans to the worst record in  the NFL.  The 8 wins we got were manufactured by our defense.  To be nice, 3 of those 8 Smith had a decent game but they came against horrible teams in the Browns, Raiders and Falcons.  And in the  8 losses we were DEMOLISHED by the Ravens, Steelers, Dolphins, Bills, Titans, and Bengals.   Idzik BETTER wake up and realize he made a big boo-boo drafting this scrub and find us a veteran and draft a rook for the upcoming season.  

So now we're picking and choosing when game winning drives count simply because you cannot possibly fathom the idea of having to credit Geno for anything at all?  Surely you jest.

Not to mention, any attempts to dismiss the NE comeback win is unquestioned proof of nothing more than a completely biased agenda.  There's basically no reason anything you say about Geno can be taken seriously when you're making such a concerted effort to distort reality.  Amazing how when Geno leads the Jets to what should have been the win in regulation with a TD pass to Hill, it doesn't count because it was wiped away by a phantom penalty call.  However, when the Jets get a legitimate penalty in their favor in OT, one which the Pats were even warned about earlier in the game, the win somehow doesn't count according to your twisted logic.  So which one is it?  You can't have it both ways, those two positions completely contradict one another.  Either any penalty that influences the outcome of the game is illegitimate and you're forced to admit that the Jets rightfully won that game in regulation, or penalties simply need to be accepted as part of the game regardless if the call was correct and you have to concede that the Jets rightfully won in OT.  It's also interesting to note that in neither the TB or NE game, there's no evidence to support the theory that the Jets would have lost if not for the penalties in question; rather, it's your own assumption driven by an agenda.

Don't get me wrong, Geno has a loooooong way to go before he proves himself to be any sort of answer and the Jets could very well be done with him very soon, which is just fine.  Yet none of that in any way justifies such an absurd argument which is so desperate to constantly try to change the rules simply in order to somehow use the areas he did have success as a means of further criticism.  Geno did more than enough last year to legitimately base criticism upon, completely making up reasons is just sad.

It's really a dumb argument to say Geno should be credited for an stupid play by a defender to push him out of bounds.  it was lucky for the Jets, good for the Jets, but it says nothing about the team or Geno.   It was just one of those dumb luck wins because an opponent was stupid.  If that play doesn't happen, the Jets lose.   That had nothing to do with Geno and seeing how Tampa was a dumb bad team all year long, you kind of see how it happens.  

Another comeback was Geno handing the ball off every single play. That's not on Geno, that was on Ivory.     It's stupid to give credit to Brady for a playoff win when his RBs rushed for like 200 yards and he had 0 TD passes, but at least he has a past history of being money, but still,  it was the RBs who won that game, not Brady.   Same goes for Geno.  When you have say 10 plays and 9 of them are Runs,  it's not the QB who is winning that game.   

And hell, that Luck comeback was one of the best ever in the postseason, but it also masked the fact Luck kind of sucked for half that game.  that's the problem with comebacks and stats, people only look at what they want to see and ignore the rest of the story.

Saying Geno had comebacks is just a lame excuse to make him seem better than he actually was all year long

Couldn't agree more. Wait I agree agree agree agree. I would take Sanchez over Geno Sux Smith in a millisecond.  While Sanchez is nothing more than an average QB, he at least can manage the game.  Smith cant manage his pecker in his pants.  He underthrows, overthrows, has horrible footwork, cant read a defense (I wonder if he can read at all?) doesn't have pocket awareness, doesn't step up into the pocket, cant read his hot routes, has zero feel for blitzes,  MAN this guy just plain SUCKS. 66.5 QB rating - dead last amongst ALL Qb's..worse than Brandon Weeden (who is history in Cleve) worse than Henne, worse than Shaub and Keenum who led the Texans to the worst record in  the NFL.  The 8 wins we got were manufactured by our defense.  To be nice, 3 of those 8 Smith had a decent game but they came against horrible teams in the Browns, Raiders and Falcons.  And in the  8 losses we were DEMOLISHED by the Ravens, Steelers, Dolphins, Bills, Titans, and Bengals.   Idzik BETTER wake up and realize he made a big boo-boo drafting this scrub and find us a veteran and draft a rook for the upcoming season.  

Wow. That was BLUNT, and 100% right on the money.

It's really a dumb argument to say Geno should be credited for an stupid play by a defender to push him out of bounds.  it was lucky for the Jets, good for the Jets, but it says nothing about the team or Geno.   It was just one of those dumb luck wins because an opponent was stupid.  If that play doesn't happen, the Jets lose.   That had nothing to do with Geno and seeing how Tampa was a dumb bad team all year long, you kind of see how it happens.  

Another comeback was Geno handing the ball off every single play. That's not on Geno, that was on Ivory.     It's stupid to give credit to Brady for a playoff win when his RBs rushed for like 200 yards and he had 0 TD passes, but at least he has a past history of being money, but still,  it was the RBs who won that game, not Brady.   Same goes for Geno.  When you have say 10 plays and 9 of them are Runs,  it's not the QB who is winning that game.   

And hell, that Luck comeback was one of the best ever in the postseason, but it also masked the fact Luck kind of sucked for half that game.  that's the problem with comebacks and stats, people only look at what they want to see and ignore the rest of the story.

Saying Geno had comebacks is just a lame excuse to make him seem better than he actually was all year long

This post is literally 100% incorrect.  Comeback wins are exactly what they are, they can only even possibly exist if a player/team has failed prior to that to put themselves in a position to need that comeback.  This never has been disputed and it's an obvious reality.  It applies to every single comeback win that has ever occurred.  It still doesn't change the fact that in a league that has seen players entire careers ultimately be failures because they were at their absolute worst when needed the most in those potential comeback situations (*cough*Pennington*cough*), it's at least nice to see a player has that ability.  None of this is going to change the fact no matter how hard you try.

What's really ridiculous is seeing people going through such an exhaustive effort to discredit every single comeback the Jets had this year in some sadly desperate attempt to need to grasp at every last straw to continue to criticize an already poor season from Geno, simply because you can't possibly handle the idea that there is a single positive thing he can be credited for.  Unless you have any intentions of doing the same for every other QB and team in the league, it's nothing but a load of utter nonsense.

Wow. That was BLUNT, and 100% right on the money.

This is nonsense.  Mark Sanchez is NOT a game manager!  Game managers don't turn the ball over at record levels.  Game managers don't buttfumble.  Sanchez is the exact OPPOSITE of a game manager.  A more apt description would be that he is a gunslinger, as he takes risks all the time.  However, since he very rarely succeeds when taking these risks, he's a lousy gunslinger too.  He has never been an "average" QB and I'm not sure how he ever got this title.  He was a bottom 5 QB in every possible metric that has been designed for QB's.  The only reason anyone thinks he's "average" is due to the fact that every excuse possible has been made for his awful track record.  

Stop with this misinformation campaign that paints Sanchez in a positive light just so you can rip on Geno some more.  

This is nonsense.  Mark Sanchez is NOT a game manager!  Game managers don't turn the ball over at record levels.  Game managers don't buttfumble.  Sanchez is the exact OPPOSITE of a game manager.  A more apt description would be that he is a gunslinger, as he takes risks all the time.  However, since he very rarely succeeds when taking these risks, he's a lousy gunslinger too.  He has never been an "average" QB and I'm not sure how he ever got this title.  He was a bottom 5 QB in every possible metric that has been designed for QB's.

Stop with this misinformation campaign that paints Sanchez in a positive light just so you can rip on Geno some more.  

Actually, I was agreeing to the huge diatribe he went into on Geno. I tend to just skip over stuff when I see the name SANCHEZ, because anything written about him is just a complete waste of bandwidth, good or bad.

Actually, I was agreeing to the huge diatribe he went into on Geno. I tend to just skip over stuff when I see the name SANCHEZ, because anything written about him is just a complete waste of bandwidth, good or bad.

How could you read that line about Sanchez and think that his opinion on QB's should be paid any credence at all?

Down the stretch, as the team finished 3-1, Geno was a huge part of that running game. Over the last month of the season, Ivory rushed for 270 yards and 1 TD, Powell rushed for 181 yards and no TDs, while Geno rushed for 186 yards and 3 TDs. It's a nice dimension to have while learning the QB position at the NFL level. In the end, Geno was nearly as big a part of the team winning eight games, as he was a part of losing eight games.

And Geno was learning. He really never should've been in the starting lineup, whether you want to blame Rex or Idzik for that really doesn't matter, but Geno shouldn't take the blame. He was subject to baptism by fire, and showed improvement at the end of the year.

Subject to baptism by fire? Where is my violin? Since when does a rookie QB have the luxury to learn in the modern day game? Not now.  Geno had one of the worst rookie qb ratings in history.

Here are rookie qb's who were all 'Subject to baptism by fire' over the last 5 years - all were lights out better than Smith in nearly every category. 

Ej Manual, Andy Dalton, RG3, Luck, Tannehill, Gabbert (yes he even was better in 1st year), Foles, Ponder, Glennon, Newton, Russell Wilson, Sam Bradford, Flacco, Dalton, Tebow,

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ten-best-rookie-quarterback-seasons-nfl-history-220329360.html    

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1047730-50-biggest-quarterback-busts-in-nfl-draft-history/page/51    make room for Geno

The only reason Smith was a big part of the running game in last 4 games is because he cant read a defense and was basically running for his life since he held the ball way too long.

That's why Marty insisted he take off every chance he gets which is good because he will soon get clocked and we will be rid of this bum.

Down the stretch, we went 3-1, we played Raiders, Panthers, Browns, Fins - 3 of those 4 are worse or equally as bad...not impressed by 3 wins VS. scrub teams that we should beat handily anyways. 

After the bye we went 3-4 and those 4 losses were entirely Geno's fault and vs. decent teams his play was abysmal.    

11 Nov 17 LOSS AT   Jets 14 Bills 37

Nov 24 LOSS AT   Jets 3 Ravens 19

Dec 1 LOSS   Dolphins 23 Jets 3

Dec 8 WIN   Raiders 27 Jets 37

Dec 15 LOSS  Jets 20 Panthers 30

Dec 22 WIN   Browns 13 Jets 24

17 Dec 29 WIN Jets 20 Dolphins 7

Hmm, I'm gonna test this.  Sanchez Sanchez Sanchez Hitler was right Sanchez Sanchez Sanchez Stalin was too Sanchez Sanchez Sanchez Geno is a god Sanchez Sanchez Sanchez.

Now, what did you read just now?

From what I just read that you need to take an English class.  Don't get all puffy with my comments about Sanchez.  We all know he is a goner and has much to be desired but he did lead this team to 2 playoffs runs in his first 2 years. 

His 1st year stats are eerily similar to Smith's but you cant negate the playoff wins.  He may not have won games in those first 2 years but he didn't necessarily lose them as badly as Smith has in his first year.

Hence, he was a better game manager in his first year hands down.  After that the defense and offense fell apart.  While I have zero love lost for Sanchez, I know he is a much better qb  than Smith. 

The game manager reference was for his first 2 years not those after.  My post was more about how Smith SUCKS. Period! You are ranting like I am campaigning to bring Sanchez back. I am not.

My  quote:  I would take Sanchez over Geno Sux Smith in a millisecond.  While Sanchez is nothing more than an average QB, he at least can manage the game." 

Compared to Smith, that is the essence of this quote, not Sanchez's ability to be an NFL QB..   

From what I just read that you need to take an English class.  Don't get all puffy with my comments about Sanchez.  We all know he is a goner and has much to be desired but he did lead this team to 2 playoffs runs in his first 2 years. 

His 1st year stats are eerily similar to Smith's but you cant negate the playoff wins.  He may not have won games in those first 2 years but he didn't necessarily lose them as badly as Smith has in his first year.

Hence, he was a better game manager in his first year hands down.  After that the defense and offense fell apart.  While I have zero love lost for Sanchez, I know he is a much better qb  than Smith. 

The game manager reference was for his first 2 years not those after.  My post was more about how Smith SUCKS. Period! You are ranting like I am campaigning to bring Sanchez back. I am not.

My  quote:  I would take Sanchez over Geno Sux Smith in a millisecond.  While Sanchez is nothing more than an average QB, he at least can manage the game." 

Compared to Smith, that is the essence of this quote, not Sanchez's ability to be an NFL QB..   

Geno may well suck.  I'm willing to give him more than 1 year to test this.  But when you call Mark Sanchez an "average QB" and make a direct comparison to Geno, I'm going to call you out on it.

Sanchez is the worst.

Sanchez is the worst.

Maybe but its close. In some statistical categories, he is the all-time worst:

He is all-time leader in SINGLE DIGIT TQBR's

He is the all-time leader in the stat which measures how many points you aided the other team

He is the all-time leader in the stat that measures how many points you took away from your own team

Now as far as some of the other categories:

Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf are the all-time leader for QBs with 50 starts.

He may not be the worst but he is clearly one of the TOP 3 all-time busts for QB's drafted TOP 5.

Geno may well suck.  I'm willing to give him more than 1 year to test this.  But when you call Mark Sanchez an "average QB" and make a direct comparison to Geno, I'm going to call you out on it.

You're right. There is no comparison with Sanchez to Geno - Sanchez is terrible and Geno is pathetic.  I said Sanchez is nothing more than an average qb - that really means he is not  going to be depended on to win games for you by himself like an elite qb can.  Dilfer was in the same vein BUT was on a team arguably with the best defense ever, result SB win. Sanchez nearly did the same in his first 2 years. I really was referring to his first 2 years and the trips to the playoffs by calling him 'average'.  His last 2 years have been an abomination.  The problem with Geno is,  he is damn near a clone of Sanchez with more speed, whoopdeedo.  If I was forced between the two right now I would go with Sanchez hands down.  I see  no potential in Geno in any fashion whatsoever.  Lousy leader, innacurate, interception prone, etc. At least Sanchez is more experienced at this point. The learning curve and results for Geno will be pretty much the same given his  frame of work.  I have no interest in signing  up for another year of Geno Sux Smith or for Sanchez.  We need to get a vet, like McGowan form the Bears and draft a qb - there are so many that  would easily usurp Geno.    

Maybe but its close. In some statistical categories, he is the all-time worst:

He is all-time leader in SINGLE DIGIT TQBR's

He is the all-time leader in the stat which measures how many points you aided the other team

He is the all-time leader in the stat that measures how many points you took away from your own team

Now as far as some of the other categories:

Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf are the all-time leader for QBs with 50 starts.

He may not be the worst but he is clearly one of the TOP 3 all-time busts for QB's drafted TOP 5.

Joewillie78 let us not forget Geno was rated as the NO.1 pick in the entire draft for months. It was a done deal. Locked. Then GM's saw this guy had more holes in his game than a golf course and he slipped slipped slipped and kept on slipping. I am adding him to your elite list of busts. 

Ryan Leaf

J Russell

Tim Couch

Geno Smith

Joey Harrington

Todd Marinovich

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/09/worst-quarterback-nfl-history/mike-Phipps

Sanchez is rated around mid 30's as one of the worst.  Geno will be on this list soon.

Dude engineers the 2nd greatest comeback in NFL history in his 2nd season, and you're writing him off.  Ridiculous.  The kid has put up the numbers AND passes the eye test very early in his career.  He's going to be a star in this league for a long time.

Thank You. This thread had me wondering what NFL bizzaro world some Jet fans have been watching.

How anyone even compares Wilson to Luck is insane never mind freaking Geno Smith. Luck is so good that the Colts would not even accept Geno and our entire draft if we offered it.

Luck's career will more than likely be better than any current NFL QB not named Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. 

You're right. There is no comparison with Sanchez to Geno - Sanchez is terrible and Geno is pathetic.  I said Sanchez is nothing more than an average qb - that really means he is not  going to be depended on to win games for you by himself like an elite qb can.  Dilfer was in the same vein BUT was on a team arguably with the best defense ever, result SB win. Sanchez nearly did the same in his first 2 years. I really was referring to his first 2 years and the trips to the playoffs by calling him 'average'.  His last 2 years have been an abomination.  The problem with Geno is,  he is damn near a clone of Sanchez with more speed, whoopdeedo.  If I was forced between the two right now I would go with Sanchez hands down.  I see  no potential in Geno in any fashion whatsoever.  Lousy leader, innacurate, interception prone, etc. At least Sanchez is more experienced at this point. The learning curve and results for Geno will be pretty much the same given his  frame of work.  I have no interest in signing  up for another year of Geno Sux Smith or for Sanchez.  We need to get a vet, like McGowan form the Bears and draft a qb - there are so many that  would easily usurp Geno.    

I'm pretty sure you saw the learning curve in action towards the end of the year. Geno came in with everything stacked against him being successful this year: no familiarity operating under center, zero continuity with receivers due to their health and those who were healthy were a handful of UDFAs. That having been said, he finished out the last quarter of the season with a QB rating above 80 accounting for 7 tds and only 2 turnovers. If that doesn't scream development, then I don't know what does.  You don't think you could get on board with Geno giving us a 7:2 td:turnover ratio?? The key thing is consistency, but the fact that he did it over a four game stretch shows that he's capable.  Also, the numbers with and without a healthy kerley are insane:  Geno's QB rating in the four games without kerley 17.1 and with kerley 76.1, not to mention finishing the last quarter of the season with an 83.2

Joewillie78 let us not forget Geno was rated as the NO.1 pick in the entire draft for months. It was a done deal. Locked. Then GM's saw this guy had more holes in his game than a golf course and he slipped slipped slipped and kept on slipping. I am adding him to your elite list of busts. 

Ryan Leaf

J Russell

Tim Couch

Geno Smith

Joey Harrington

Todd Marinovich

Sanchez is rated around mid 30's as one of the worst.  Geno will be on this list soon.

Who was Geno rated a consensus first rounder by?? Draftniks and perpetuated by uninformed fans on a bunch of message-boards? Geno was selected exactly where he was rated by GMs and thus, as a second rounder, can never be near the level of a bust that the 1st overall pick in the draft could be.  Now Geno may never amount to anything more than another middling second round pick, but my god your bias is beyond obvious,

Typical message board tactic. Take the worst two numbers out of 16 and try to portray them as representative, preferably with an an air of exasperation at the density of your conversational opponent, lol.

Even with those 2 low numbers, Geno averaged about 200 yds a game as rookie with receivers by Manpower and NO fast, shifty back like Leon/Ladainian to pitch out or pass to. A rookie needs someone to help him make plays, and Leon didn't have one in the receiving corps.

In addition to that, with the secondary in collapse for ¾ of the year, he still leads the team to 8-8. Give this kid someone who consistently makes the big catch and watch him go.

All I know is in college he was inconsistent and in the pros he's inconsistent it's just him everyone that scouted him said it. He makes the same mistakes he made in college so he will be a average . It's not what u need for a consistent winning team .

All I know is in college he was inconsistent and in the pros he's inconsistent it's just him everyone that scouted him said it. He makes the same mistakes he made in college so he will be a average . It's not what u need for a consistent winning team .

The only way a guy with a 71% completion percentage and 42-6 td to interception ratio could be inconsistent is if he completed 100% of his passes in half the games in which he played.

The only way a guy with a 71% completion percentage and 42-6 td to interception ratio could be inconsistent is if he completed 100% of his passes in half the games in which he played.

Did u watch one of his games I did never look like a 1st pick of drsft !

Ryan Leaf

J Russell

Tim Couch

Geno Smith

Joey Harrington

Todd Marinovich

Andre Ware

Matt Leinert

Mark Sanchez

David Carr

Vince Young

JP Losman

Blaine Gabbert

Its a long and sad list.

Subject to baptism by fire? Where is my violin? Since when does a rookie QB have the luxury to learn in the modern day game? Not now.  Geno had one of the worst rookie qb ratings in history.

Here are rookie qb's who were all 'Subject to baptism by fire' over the last 5 years - all were lights out better than Smith in nearly every category. 

Ej Manual, Andy Dalton, RG3, Luck, Tannehill, Gabbert (yes he even was better in 1st year), Foles, Ponder, Glennon, Newton, Russell Wilson, Sam Bradford, Flacco, Dalton, Tebow,

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ten-best-rookie-quarterback-seasons-nfl-history-220329360.html    

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1047730-50-biggest-quarterback-busts-in-nfl-draft-history/page/51    make room for Geno

The only reason Smith was a big part of the running game in last 4 games is because he cant read a defense and was basically running for his life since he held the ball way too long.

That's why Marty insisted he take off every chance he gets which is good because he will soon get clocked and we will be rid of this bum.

Down the stretch, we went 3-1, we played Raiders, Panthers, Browns, Fins - 3 of those 4 are worse or equally as bad...not impressed by 3 wins VS. scrub teams that we should beat handily anyways. 

After the bye we went 3-4 and those 4 losses were entirely Geno's fault and vs. decent teams his play was abysmal.    

11 Nov 17 LOSS AT   Jets 14 Bills 37

Nov 24 LOSS AT   Jets 3 Ravens 19

Dec 1 LOSS   Dolphins 23 Jets 3

Dec 8 WIN   Raiders 27 Jets 37

Dec 15 LOSS  Jets 20 Panthers 30

Dec 22 WIN   Browns 13 Jets 24

17 Dec 29 WIN Jets 20 Dolphins 7

all the QBs you just talked about had a runing game or ok recivers wich we did not

I'm pretty sure you saw the learning curve in action towards the end of the year. Geno came in with everything stacked against him being successful this year: no familiarity operating under center, zero continuity with receivers due to their health and those who were healthy were a handful of UDFAs. That having been said, he finished out the last quarter of the season with a QB rating above 80 accounting for 7 tds and only 2 turnovers. If that doesn't scream development, then I don't know what does.  You don't think you could get on board with Geno giving us a 7:2 td:turnover ratio?? The key thing is consistency, but the fact that he did it over a four game stretch shows that he's capable.  Also, the numbers with and without a healthy kerley are insane:  Geno's QB rating in the four games without kerley 17.1 and with kerley 76.1, not to mention finishing the last quarter of the season with an 83.2

Who was Geno rated a consensus first rounder by?? Draftniks and perpetuated by uninformed fans on a bunch of message-boards? Geno was selected exactly where he was rated by GMs and thus, as a second rounder, can never be near the level of a bust that the 1st overall pick in the draft could be.  Now Geno may never amount to anything more than another middling second round pick, but my god your bias is beyond obvious,

My God your assessment of Smith is delusional.  We played 4 games in last quarter, 3 of which we won against putrid competition similar to us.  The one game they lost was to the Panthers and Eugene did nothing to cement your learning curve development theory'.  The Panthers were the only team which had a formidable defense - Smith finished 15-for-28 for 167 yards, one touchdown, and that one, costly pick. His starting receivers—Holmes and Jeremy Kerley—made just three catches combined. Your 83.2 rating is laughable.  As far as having no one to throw to, these guys are in the NFL and a good qb will find a way to get the ball to them.  He missed so many open receivers over the course of the year is was truly pathetic.  And how was everything stacked against him?  He had a decent OL, more than decent running game, a top notch OC in Marty, and no one was looking over his shoulder to take his spot.  He didn't have elite receivers but it didn't seem to matter to Brady who played with rookies all year.  And your argument with Kerley being out is pretty slim.  I like Kerley but he is no Amendola, Welker or elite slot wr.  Kerley missed 3 games vs. the Bills, Ravens, Fins which we all lost badly. No exactly elite teams this year.  A good qb finds a way.

Again you are delusional regarding Smith's fall from grace in the draft.  He was slotted as the top QB to be taken and for months was strongly penciled in to go to the Chiefs with the #1 pick.  Now of course these experts are not uninformed fans. They are the likes of Kiper, McShay etc etc. While they may not be exactly on target all the time, for the most part they assess where a player will be taken rather well and Smith for months was projected to be the No. 1 pick OVERALL. Until of course they studied the tape and his character - result - he dropped faster than a meteor.  Some interesting articles how he was initially rated, his fall from draft grace and his dubious character.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1580192-how-geno-smith-became-the-top-rated-qb-in-the-2013-nfl-draft

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/4/26/4268544/2013-nfl-draft-geno-smith-new-york-fall

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/geno-fires-agents-felt-1-article-1.1331194

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2013/04/30/quarterback-geno-smith-fire-agents-after-nfl-draft/2124113/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1617275-geno-smiths-latest-draft-day-projections-from-top-nfl-experts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1626800-new-york-jets-geno-smiths-character-could-lead-to-his-downfall

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149144/article/greg-cosell-geno-smith-an-nfl-talent-with-issues

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jet-grounded-geno-smith-escorted-lax-flight-verbal-altercation-report-article-1.1583486

http://deadspin.com/geno-smith-undergoes-jets-rite-of-passage-a-cock-shot-1493055000

WOW THIS IS TELLING! (FROM THIS ARTICLE) http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9239609/geno-smith-new-york-jets-remains-spotlight-all-wrong-reasons

"Coincidentally, the team parted ways this week with the scout who did the most homework on Smith -- assistant director of college scouting Michael Davis, whose contract wasn't renewed. West Virginia was one of the schools in his territory."

In Geno's case, I think dick pick is the more appropriate term.

all the QBs you just talked about had a runing game or ok recivers wich we did not

Please be more informed when you makes such statements - these are the NFL overall ranks 

Ranking 6 overall is a pretty damn good running attack. And when you run the ball well, guess what? It supposed to set up the pass. So much for that when it comes to Eugene.
JETS
PTS 18.1  (29th)
YDS 318.1  (25th)
PASS YDS 183.2 (31st)
RUSH YDS  134.9  (6th)

Eugene's stats

TDS  12   INT  21 YDS  3,046   RTG  66.5

Ranked dead last amongst NLF starting qb's. 

Please be more informed when you makes such statements - these are the NFL overall ranks 

Ranking 6 overall is a pretty damn good running attack. And when you run the ball well, guess what? It supposed to set up the pass. So much for that when it comes to Eugene.
JETS
PTS 18.1  (29th)
YDS 318.1  (25th)
PASS YDS 183.2 (31st)
RUSH YDS  134.9  (6th)

Eugene's stats

TDS  12   INT  21 YDS  3,046   RTG  66.5

Ranked dead last amongst NLF starting qb's. 

How many times do I have to tell you that alls GENO needs is weapons? That is weapons that can jump 8 feet in the air to catch those passes headed for the 3rd row. Be able to dive 6 feet for those passes resembling field plows. Have a wing span of 20 feet to catch those passes that are "just a bit outside".

Is Megatron on steroids avaliable in this draft?

My God your assessment of Smith is delusional.  We played 4 games in last quarter, 3 of which we won against putrid competition similar to us.  The one game they lost was to the Panthers and Eugene did nothing to cement your learning curve development theory'.  The Panthers were the only team which had a formidable defense - Smith finished 15-for-28 for 167 yards, one touchdown, and that one, costly pick. His starting receivers—Holmes and Jeremy Kerley—made just three catches combined. Your 83.2 rating is laughable.  As far as having no one to throw to, these guys are in the NFL and a good qb will find a way to get the ball to them.  He missed so many open receivers over the course of the year is was truly pathetic.  And how was everything stacked against him?  He had a decent OL, more than decent running game, a top notch OC in Marty, and no one was looking over his shoulder to take his spot.  He didn't have elite receivers but it didn't seem to matter to Brady who played with rookies all year.  And your argument with Kerley being out is pretty slim.  I like Kerley but he is no Amendola, Welker or elite slot wr.  Kerley missed 3 games vs. the Bills, Ravens, Fins which we all lost badly. No exactly elite teams this year.  A good qb finds a way.

Again you are delusional regarding Smith's fall from grace in the draft.  He was slotted as the top QB to be taken and for months was strongly penciled in to go to the Chiefs with the #1 pick.  Now of course these experts are not uninformed fans. They are the likes of Kiper, McShay etc etc. While they may not be exactly on target all the time, for the most part they assess where a player will be taken rather well and Smith for months was projected to be the No. 1 pick OVERALL. Until of course they studied the tape and his character - result - he dropped faster than a meteor.  Some interesting articles how he was initially rated, his fall from draft grace and his dubious character.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1580192-how-geno-smith-became-the-top-rated-qb-in-the-2013-nfl-draft

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/4/26/4268544/2013-nfl-draft-geno-smith-new-york-fall

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/geno-fires-agents-felt-1-article-1.1331194

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2013/04/30/quarterback-geno-smith-fire-agents-after-nfl-draft/2124113/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1617275-geno-smiths-latest-draft-day-projections-from-top-nfl-experts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1626800-new-york-jets-geno-smiths-character-could-lead-to-his-downfall

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149144/article/greg-cosell-geno-smith-an-nfl-talent-with-issues

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jet-grounded-geno-smith-escorted-lax-flight-verbal-altercation-report-article-1.1583486

http://deadspin.com/geno-smith-undergoes-jets-rite-of-passage-a-cock-shot-1493055000

WOW THIS IS TELLING! (FROM THIS ARTICLE) http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9239609/geno-smith-new-york-jets-remains-spotlight-all-wrong-reasons

"Coincidentally, the team parted ways this week with the scout who did the most homework on Smith -- assistant director of college scouting Michael Davis, whose contract wasn't renewed. West Virginia was one of the schools in his territory."

In Geno's case, I think dick pick is the more appropriate term.

No matter how many times you say it, it won't make Kiper or McShay actual scouts or General Managers. Players get selected exactly where they are rated by the league, that's how it works. Geno was one of the best QBs in college football that year so all the fake scouts and draftniks had him going number one, but once again, they aren't real scouts. You honestly think the general managers and scouts just got around to looking at Geno a month before the draft and realized he had holes in his game? That's not how it works. He was scouted since he was a sophomore, not a few weeks prior to the draft.  

We have differing opinions on how he handled this year and how he'll do next year, that's fine, but your assertion that he's a bust, because he was rated as a top 10 pick by a bunch of guys who aren't in the NFL, is just absurd. Geno and every other player who was chosen in the second round, were chosen there because that's where they were ranked by scouts and GMs, regardless of what Kiper or McShay had to say.   

Archived