how do i bring this up without the entire boards head exploding?

ylekram

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to take an almost RG III-like haul to land the pick for Bridgewater: something like two firsts and a second would probably get it done. At least from what I've seen, there's not a single player in this draft worth that value.

the rg3 trade was made with payment due over 3 different drafts. making their 2 1st rounds essentially  a 2nd and a 3rd. a 1st, 2 nds, and a 3rd seemed to be the payout if paid in 1 draft

the rg3 trade was made with payment due over 3 different drafts. making their 2 1st rounds essentially a 2nd and a 3rd. a 1st, 2 nds, and a 3rd seemed to be the payout if paid in 1 draft

I don't follow that antiquated draft value chart. Two firsts is still two firsts, especially when your team is so talent deprived. I guarantee you Washington doesn't feel their second overall pick this year is the equivalent to just a second rounder.

I don't follow that antiquated draft value chart. Two firsts is still two firsts, especially when your team is so talent deprived. I guarantee you Washington doesn't feel their second overall pick this year is the equivalent to just a second rounder.

I kinda think that way also. but a 1st today gotta be worth more than a 1st tomorrow. yah, the second pick in the draft is looking sweet for st. Louis, but it could of easily been a late 20's pick. its all a gamble

I kinda think that way also. but a 1st today gotta be worth more than a 1st tomorrow. yah, the second pick in the draft is looking sweet for st. Louis, but it could of easily been a late 20's pick. its all a gamble

I think it depends on a few variables: what you think of the following year's draft and how you think the team you're trading with does. Ie. next year having Winston, Mariota etc. declaring, it could be ideal to next a first rounder that year.

I think it depends on a few variables: what you think of the following year's draft and how you think the team you're trading with does. Ie. next year having Winston, Mariota etc. declaring, it could be ideal to next a first rounder that year.

makes some sense but what you get this year, you know EXACTLY  what you are getting in return as to next years and the year after could be anywhere from1 to 32. but the gamble worked out for st Louis. by the way, what do you think of bridgewater as a franchise qb? looks like he could be legit. can make all the throws, but not a really strong arm. has decent size, but could be bigger, has elusive ability, but that could get him hurt in the nfl. overall, I like the kid. just don't know if he is worth trading up to the necessary spot to get him

makes some sense but what you get this year, you know EXACTLY  what you are getting in return as to next years and the year after could be anywhere from1 to 32. but the gamble worked out for st Louis. by the way, what do you think of bridgewater as a franchise qb? looks like he could be legit. can make all the throws, but not a really strong arm. has decent size, but could be bigger, has elusive ability, but that could get him hurt in the nfl. overall, I like the kid. just don't know if he is worth trading up to the necessary spot to get him

Definitely worth trading up for.

From his body of work in college and what I've seen of him, he's by far the best QB prospect in the draft. I like how he's a pocket quarterback who is also mobile, not a mobile quarterback who can also throw from the pocket. I like his frame, his quick release, his accuracy and his ability to throw accurately on the run...Aaron Rodgers-esque as far as that latter attribute is concerned. However, would I be surprised if someone like Bortles or Derek Carr ended up having a better career? No, I really wouldn't, which is not something that I would have said about Luck. There was no doubt in my mind Luck was going to be the best QB in that draft and he was/is worth trading the farm for.

If we were sitting in the top 7, then sure, I think trading up would 100% be a possibility, but for what it would take us to jump from 18th to 1st, I don't think it'd be the best move for our team. 

I got an idea. How about we trade Sheldon Richardson AND Big Snacks as well? That way, we'd be trading known commodities and replace them with unknown first round talent. We can potentially pick up 4 first rounders. Last time we had that, we built the historically best team the NFL has ever seen...NOT.

The problem with Trading Wilkerson, who will soon be asking for top dollar,  is that why not just draft Clowney ?  He's assumed to be a lock to be a hell of a defenisve player.   A team like the Rams can draft Clowney if the Texans take Johnny or Teddy.   So why would they trade #2 (Clowney) for Wilkerson and not much else  ?  They would want a ransom for that kind of trade.   Will Clowney be as good as people claim ?  Who knows, but many people think he'll be a game changer.  Wilkerson is a known commodity, but he's not Clowney at what everybody assumes i his full potential.     So I just don't see that happening.   

After that you have Jags who will probably take a QB or might as well just move the team.  So I dont see them trading away for Wilkerson and a bunch of lower picks.

Browns need a QB. Raiders need a QB.      So you have teams who would want Teddy or Johnny or any other QB as it is, so now you're down to trading away the farm, or trading with some team who sits at 5 or 6, and at that point,  is it really worth it to get somebody who isn't the top 2 QBs in the draft?    I doubt it.

I got an idea. How about we trade Sheldon Richardson AND Big Snacks as well? That way, we'd be trading known commodities and replace them with unknown first round talent. We can potentially pick up 4 first rounders. Last time we had that, we built the historically best team the NFL has ever seen...NOT.

geeze, another romper room comment

The problem with Trading Wilkerson, who will soon be asking for top dollar,  is that why not just draft Clowney ?  He's assumed to be a lock to be a hell of a defenisve player.   A team like the Rams can draft Clowney if the Texans take Johnny or Teddy.   So why would they trade #2 (Clowney) for Wilkerson and not much else  ?  They would want a ransom for that kind of trade.   Will Clowney be as good as people claim ?  Who knows, but many people think he'll be a game changer.  Wilkerson is a known commodity, but he's not Clowney at what everybody assumes i his full potential.     So I just don't see that happening.   

After that you have Jags who will probably take a QB or might as well just move the team.  So I dont see them trading away for Wilkerson and a bunch of lower picks.

Browns need a QB. Raiders need a QB.      So you have teams who would want Teddy or Johnny or any other QB as it is, so now you're down to trading away the farm, or trading with some team who sits at 5 or 6, and at that point,  is it really worth it to get somebody who isn't the top 2 QBs in the draft?    I doubt it.

while everything you say here makes sense, there are quite a few teams that would show interest in wilks not picking at the top of the draft. you could then package picks to move up IF there is a guy the jets believe can make a difference on offense

Where would Wilkerson be drafted this year? The caveat is teams have the working knowledge of his NFL work ethic, character in handling big money, and obvious talent in a multitude of defensive schemes.

Would he be drafted top-10? Top-5? Top-3?

Establish his value in those terms, (factoring in second contract terms) and work your way backward from there.

dangle mo wilks as trade bait

first of all, I don't like the idea as wilks is the best player on the team. young, talented, home grown, upstanding citizen, etc.

just throwing this out there as there is really nothing else going on

this years draft is loaded with offensive talent especially wide receivers & tight ends with as many as 15 1st/2nd round talents.

the jets are in dire need of offensive playmakers

I started thinking on how the jets could acquire more offensive talent this year and started going over the roster to see if there was a player/players worth trading.

the deepest position on the jets is clearly the defensive line. wilks, ellis, Harrison, Richardson, coples, douzable(if resigned)

pretty solid group of defensive line players

question is? what kinda trade value would wilks be worth? what kinda dropoff would the defensive line suffer without wilks?

gotta think he is worth 2 early picks plus the 10m to 12m the jets would save instead of extending him

as far as the production drop off on the dline, I think there would be some, but I think it would be minimal

remember, there is a lot of talent on the dline and you cant re-sign everyone of them. the only one who has serious trade value is wilks.

i agree trade him to seattle for russell wilson, marshawn and sherman. get it done idzik!

Where would Wilkerson be drafted this year? The caveat is teams have the working knowledge of his NFL work ethic, character in handling big money, and obvious talent in a multitude of defensive schemes.

Would he be drafted top-10? Top-5? Top-3?

Establish his value in those terms, (factoring in second contract terms) and work your way backward from there.

Boy, tough question, based on the QB needs this year, I would have to say top 10. If Clowney wasnt in this draft, then I might say top 5, but most teams drafting early, need QB's and the one defensive stalwart in the draft CLOWNEY, is not going to get drafted behind Wilks.

So if he is indeed top 10 talent, then I would think flipping our #1s, Wilks, and a #2 this year or next could conceivably get you into the top 5.

What do you think?

Boy, tough question, based on the QB needs this year, I would have to say top 10. If Clowney wasnt in this draft, then I might say top 5, but most teams drafting early, need QB's and the one defensive stalwart in the draft CLOWNEY, is not going to get drafted behind Wilks.

So if he is indeed top 10 talent, then I would think flipping our #1s, Wilks, and a #2 this year or next could conceivably get you into the top 5.

What do you think?

Too many variables.  Who's 2nd, Ours or theirs? and is it this years' or next years' (That's kinduva huge one)

Also, who are we aiming for? The QB, the DE, or the WR? Blockbuster moves like that are usually saved for franchise QBs. 

I would just as soon fill our glaring needs in FA, then trade this year's 1st round pick for someone else's 2015 1st, and some mid-round picks this year. 

Then get a sh*t-ton of 2nd tier WRs, RBs, and TEs, to pair with our FA signings.  Then use our ammo to trade up next year. I think Mariota will be special. Like Bridgewater birthing Kaepernick's baby special.

Too many variables.  Who's 2nd, Ours or theirs? and is it this years' or next years' (That's kinduva huge one)

Also, who are we aiming for? The QB, the DE, or the WR? Blockbuster moves like that are usually saved for franchise QBs. 

I would just as soon fill our glaring needs in FA, then trade this year's 1st round pick for someone else's 2015 1st, and some mid-round picks this year. 

Then get a sh*t-ton of 2nd tier WRs, RBs, and TEs, to pair with our FA signings.  Then use our ammo to trade up next year. I think Mariota will be special. Like Bridgewater birthing Kaepernick's baby special.

It was our 2nd, and I would leave it up to them, this year or next.

Mariota better than Winston?

Archived