Super Bowl Lottery Loser

Maxman

The Jets sent me this email yesterday.  I lost.   :(

January 15, 2014

Jet Nation, LLC

Dear Jet Nation, LLC,

As you may know, teams hosting the Super Bowl receive a very limited number of tickets from the National Football League for distribution. An allotment of tickets was set aside to conduct a random drawing for all 2013 Jets Season Ticket Holders in good standing. Additional tickets are being distributed to players, coaches, staff, business partners, and other key stakeholders.

Unfortunately, your account was not selected in this drawing.

We wish that we had enough Super Bowl tickets to accommodate all of our loyal Season Ticket Holders. Unfortunately, the League's allocation of tickets makes that impossible.

We look forward to seeing you back at MetLife Stadium next season, and hope to see you in the coming months at other events and exclusive Season Ticket Holder opportunities.

Sincerely,

The New York Jets

You only lost the opportunity to make money selling the tickets.

You *won* an opportunity to watch the game in a warm place with friends, free food, and cheap drinks.

Call me crazy but I would actually go if I had the opportunity.  Face value of the tickets is still pretty expensive.  But it would be an interesting experience.

Jets Worker:  Picks out ping pong ball.

Jets Worker:  Reads account # and sees that it belongs to Jet Nation LLC.

Jets Worker:  Picks another ping pong ball.

LOL!

Nah, they probably selected certain accounts and put those ping pong balls in hot water for a while before the draw. Then the worker was told pull out the warm ones.

Yours, and other non-desirables went into a freezer before the draw.

Much easier to fix it that way if there's independent observers at the draw.

Archived