All Aboard!!!....The Jimmy Garoppolo Bandwagon

HessStation

cropped_Jimmy-Garoppolo-Christopher-Hane

Shrine Week: Builds a buzz all week during practices showing a quick release, strong arm and great decision making skills only to top it off with a 9-14, 100 yard, 1 TD performance. 

2013: Walter Payton Award Winner, led the nation in Passing yards (5,050) and TDs (53). 12-2 Record.

*4 year starter

*6'2 230 lb. 

from nfldraftscout.com

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS: Good, not great, height, body type and hand size. Better than adequate arm strength with a snap release that produces some juice. Live arm with his experience coming from a pass-happy offense.

Excellent passing vision with quick eyes to scan and a quick, natural delivery. Smart and executes the offense well. Quick intellectual process on the football field. Above average timing with little unnecessary movements and very good pace in his set-up.

Quick feet to evade pressure with the pocket mobility to move his lower body with his eyes focused downfield. Gets "happy feet" at times, but shows the ability to reset. Very good touch and overall placement with improved accuracy to all levels of the field throughout his career.

Level-headed and always under control with a strong leadership presence. Confident thrower and short memory. Elite career production as a four-year starter at the FCS level.

WEAKNESSES: Lack of elite velocity will show on some NFL throws. Needs to continue to improve his decision-making and not allow pressure to severely alter his process. Bad habit of forcing throws in small windows. Lower-than-ideal release point with an almost side-arm motion.

Needs to get his feet under control on a consistent basis and regularly step into his throws. Must continue and develop his pocket awareness and internal clock to feel pressure. Holds the ball too long at times and will take unnecessary hits.

Experience is in a FCS spread, shotgun attack; needs to become more acclimated with under-center snaps.

COMPARES TO: Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys - The comparison goes beyond coming from the same college program. Both lack elite physical skills, but are productive due to their timing, smarts and quick release to get the ball out.

--Dane Brugler (1/14/14)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little Johnny Jets Fan: "Oh look ma, the third round is coming and the Jets are up soon."

Ma: "Hi 5 Lil' Johnny...Garoppolo is still on the board, **** yeah!"

LJJF: "Oh momma, I've been waiting all my life for the Jets to finally steal a QB in the draft."

Ma: "**** yeah Johnny, STFU... here comes the pick."

"...The New York Jets select, Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Easter Illinois" 

LJJF: "Holy sh*t momma, this is like, the best day of my life."

Ma: "Simmer down kid, the can't **** this one up, let him sit for a year while Geno sh*ts the bed. Then BOOM, 2015 is Garoppolo time!!!"

LJJF: "Hellz yeah momma." 

Ma: "**** yeah Lil' Johnny."

*family fist bump

casual fans bash this guy for being unknown

just wait until after Senior Bowl week. 

he has a Marino-like release. Super friggin fast. 

used to think he'd be a nice value play in rd 3

the way things are going... he's got a real shot to be the 4th QB after Johnny/Teddy/Bortles i.e. late first round pick. 

the way things are going... he's got a real shot to be the 4th QB after Johnny/Teddy/Bortles i.e. late first round pick.

Hellz yes bit.

Always QB needy teams out there and they go higher than a lot of people expect. Agree on him rising fast. Who knows how high his stock is going to get after senior bowl, but there is going to be some team that misses out on the QB frenzy at the top and takes him  We're in a weird position with QB though, does Idzik spend a high draft pick on QB? I don't know if he does for someone like Jimmy. The price might be too high for him.

I can't quite tell if Idzik is bucking the trend on what the general perception is for expectations as to what he's going to do, or if he's just a yes-man for Woody. Part of me is scared that they're going to make a big move to go up for Manziel.

Hardcore fans haven't watched him play. We're his games even televised?

2 games this year i think got on ESPN networks, san diego state and northern Illinois

look the fact taht he's from a small school definitely works against him but the opposite is also true if he was the same player at an SEC school his stock would be huge right now. 

this is the type of guy who goes way higher than the Jets will be interested in... the jets are in the QB market but they aren't gonna take a higher rd pick than Geno was...  if jimmy makes itt to rd 3 the Jets are probably buyers but they aren't gonna reach for him. idzik wants freaks in RD 1. 

2 games this year i think got on ESPN networks, san diego state and northern Illinois

look the fact taht he's from a small school definitely works against him but the opposite is also true if he was the same player at an SEC school his stock would be huge right now.

this is the type of guy who goes way higher than the Jets will be interested in... the jets are in the QB market but they aren't gonna take a higher rd pick than Geno was... if jimmy makes itt to rd 3 the Jets are probably buyers but they aren't gonna reach for him. idzik wants freaks in RD 1.

He's from a BS school and hasn't played against real pressure. I just don't see him doing well in the NFL for year until he gets use to the huge step up.

He's from a BS school and hasn't played against real pressure. I just don't see him doing well in the NFL for year until he gets use to the huge step up.

Big Ben went to a mid major. Super Bowl.

Joe Flacco went to a school not even in NCAA. Super Bowl.

Colin Kaepernick went to a small school. Super Bowl loser, but still a Super Bowl.

Where a QB goes to college is important. But the number of busts from big schools are just as plentiful or more so than successful small school QBs.

You can find his sdsu game on youtube, well the first half at least. East west shrine game was where you could watch him and he looks good. Look out for the senior bowl to, cause he's in it.

Here's his sdsu game.

Archived