Did Richard Sherman just shout out M.O.B. ?

sirlancemehlot

The bigger question is, who do you resign and who do you let walk out of Chancelor, Sherman and Thomas?  Thomas will probably end up making $20 over the life of his rookie deal and Sherman's never had the big pay, so I would imagine the latter will be the one looking to make the splash in FA. I think it's possible to retain both and let chancelor eventually walk, but they've still gotta stash money away for Wilson in the near future. Tough call. Usually I'd take the CB over the Safety, but Thomas really makes that defense work.

Edit: A guy like Thomas instantly would transform our defense, which is why I don't think we should be too surprised if Ha Ha or Pryor is our first round pick this year.

Being the self-proclaimed best at your job, then attracting attention to yourself (by staying in the media), but then proving it on the field is a good way to inflate your value.  I'd say Sherman is the most likely to pull a Revis.  Some teams are in a position to pay those kinds of players, and some teams get sick of the act despite play on the field, and draft accordingly so when the big pay day is looming, they're not stuck in the scenario you describe.  

Seattle was playing a 6th round rookie at the CB2 spot, and he held his own.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Tuesday-Round-Up-Seahawks-ability-to-draft-and-develop-cornerbacks-unmatched-across-NFL/be723148-ec68-41ca-9a95-b4d366dda5a9%C2'>

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beats are unsurpassed when it comes to marketing (kind of the Makers Mark of headphones) and have far more top of mind awareness than companies actually producing quality audiophile and professional products like Stax, Sennheiser, Grado, AKG, Beyerdynamic and the like.  These guys are raking in money hand over fist and have ramped this up in no time.  They initially played to the  same masses who pay big bucks for limited edition sneakers, but have broadened that recently.  Like I said, really, really smart marketing guys driving this company.  Good marketing makes a $hit product smell sweet.

I worked with a kid in Ohio who had it all.  The newest iPhone (the day it came out), all the iTunes crap, the newest video game consoles, and he had "Beats" by Dre. He also had $10K in recent credit card debt, a drinking problem, and was a dishwasher at a bar I worked for.  He couldn't afford to live his lifestyle, but that didn't stop him because smart marketing guys got to him. 

I'm not a big business guy, I still listen to my music the old fashioned way...but I don't doubt a team of marketers has found a way to rape the young 20-somethings of the world buy selling them "nice" things to buy with their credit cards. 

Being the self-proclaimed best at your job, then attracting attention to yourself (by staying in the media), but then proving it on the field is a good way to inflate your value.  I'd say Sherman is the most likely to pull a Revis.  Some teams are in a position to pay those kinds of players, and some teams get sick of the act despite play on the field, and draft accordingly so when the big pay day is looming, they're not stuck in the scenario you describe.  

Seattle was playing a 6th round rookie at the CB2 spot, and he held his own.

While the Jets secondary sucked (if Milliner played decent all season long and Cro didn't suck)  would anybody have really cared Revis was gone?  I mean most people didn't say much about him all year long as it is, while Revis was paid his money on a team that was fighting for the first pick in the draft.      So the reality is, as good as players like Revis are,  they aren't worth what they'll get.   A team like the Bucs will pay top dollar and still wind up 4-12.      A team like the Jets will finish 8-8.    

Smart teams find ways to replace players and get players under the cap.   Dumb teams sign certain players to huge contracts and have no depth and wind up sucking.    We also have come into an era, because of the Rookie pay scale now,  where teams try and win with young talent long before their first contract is up.  Look at the Ravens and Flacco.     If it takes you 4+ years to develop a winner,  you'll probably be screwed by the talented rookies who now want to be paid.    

I just find it funny that people are upset over what Sherman did or said, but make excuses for Bart Scot because it was "team" oriented.    He was over the top and really Sherman is kind of an a-hole, but if he made a play, they won, they held the 49ers to 17 points,  so he can say whatever the hell he wants.  The Seahawks are going to the super bowl.   It won't help with people liking him, but damn,   how the hell can anybody who roots for the Jets get pissed at this guy.   The Jets were him, not as obnoxious,  but the entire Rex bravado and Jets going to beat the other teams behinds were the Jets.   

Do we even remember Hard Knocks and people getting pissed that Rex was cursing all the time?     Not the same, but the Jets went to two AFC Championship games in a row and were pretty much hated by most others around the league because of Rex and their bravado.      Most jets fans were loving it and many still love Rex because of it.    So to me it's just funny how Sherman is this or that after he helped his team make it to a super bowl.    

He clearly said LOB the nickname for the Seattle defense.

And speaking about the "best" CB in the NFL, this is the 7th straight season in which two teams somehow made it to the SB without Revis.

Who gives a rats ass about what the acronym was?  Take the interview, or attempted interview, in its totality.  Real class act, right?   Guys like this give credence to the idea that some stereotypes are earned.

Who gives a rats ass about what the acronym was? Take the interview, or attempted interview, in its totality. Real class act, right? Guys like this give credence to the idea that some stereotypes are earned.

I believe the term "thuggish" was tossed around on NFLN, followed by "not the trash talking 'thuggish' you expect from 'players', but the "gangster thuggish" you avoid"

I believe the term "thuggish" was tossed around on NFLN, followed by "not the trash talking 'thuggish' you expect from 'players', but the "gangster thuggish" you avoid"

Semantics from the minstrel show that passes for broadcast journalism.

Who gives a rats ass about what the acronym was?  Take the interview, or attempted interview, in its totality.  Real class act, right?   Guys like this give credence to the idea that some stereotypes are earned.

Semantics from the minstrel show that passes for broadcast journalism.

Wow.

So, if he were a white jerk, he'd just be a "jerk".... but because he's a black jerk, it's extrapolated to the whole race.

Tell us more about this "class" you speak of. 

I would have thoroughly enjoyed to see his daily interactions while at Stanford.

This ... When you listen to Sherman's First Take interview with Skip Bayless, he actually thinks he deserved to get a Stanford degree when in reality he doesn't even deserve to be on the same campus as all Stanford students (not including student-athletes) .... If he were to go to a university on his Academic merit Id bet he would be going to a community college or if lucky West Virginia

Wow.

So, if he were a white jerk, he'd just be a "jerk".... but because he's a black jerk, it's extrapolated to the whole race.

The earned stereotype that of an athlete who embraces a classless thug persona.   The video speaks for itself, but in our PC world I guess it is not OK to tell the truth.  No mention was made of an "entire race".

Dude is the the ultimate "stereotypical" NFL thug persona that many CB's and WR's love to portray. And you know what, if you can ball like this dude, then you can pretty much get away with it, as he clearly is the best corner in the league, like he tells us everytime they stick a mike in front of his mug.

When you are awful like GENO and you try to portray the same type of persona, as he is showing signs of doing, then you come off looking like a shunned kid who isnt allowed to play with the "cool kids"

By the way, If Richard Sherman, wants to be seen as a "Stanford man", then why dont we have him take the wunderlic, and see if the dude could even score double figures. I highly doubt it.

Wow.

I thought you lived in Boston. That was the most racist place I've ever been, lol. I lived in Southie on the Dorchester border. I love me some black girls(not Pam Oliver) but I would never bring one back to my apartment because those inbred sh*t heads where a nightmare.

Sherman is a selfish POS, but to claim he made a gang reference was ridiculous.

I just find it funny that people are upset over what Sherman did or said, but make excuses for Bart Scot because it was "team" oriented.    He was over the top and really Sherman is kind of an a-hole, but if he made a play, they won, they held the 49ers to 17 points,  so he can say whatever the hell he wants.  The Seahawks are going to the super bowl.   It won't help with people liking him, but damn,   how the hell can anybody who roots for the Jets get pissed at this guy.   The Jets were him, not as obnoxious,  but the entire Rex bravado and Jets going to beat the other teams behinds were the Jets.   

Do we even remember Hard Knocks and people getting pissed that Rex was cursing all the time?     Not the same, but the Jets went to two AFC Championship games in a row and were pretty much hated by most others around the league because of Rex and their bravado.      Most jets fans were loving it and many still love Rex because of it.    So to me it's just funny how Sherman is this or that after he helped his team make it to a super bowl.    

Agreed.  It was no different than the Bart Scott's, Cant Wait interview...which was ******* awesome.  "they cant stop a nose bleed".

Division rivals, in a heated game, you approach him right after the big moment?  What do you expect?  Thats why they rushed to get his interview and not Russell Wilson...boring..zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  This is entertainment and that sh*t was awesome. 

And I cant believe people are calling him a thug turd for this.  For sh*t talking?  Have you ever played sports?  lol.  Thats what you do.  Pretty sure the dude is squeaky clean off the field.  But he's a thug for being a sh*t talker..okay.

The earned stereotype that of an athlete who embraces a classless thug persona.   The video speaks for itself, but in our PC world I guess it is not OK to tell the truth.  No mention was made of an "entire race".

You pairing that "earned stereotype" with a comment like "minstrel show" gave me the impression you were being a bigot.

I thought you lived in Boston. That was the most racist place I've ever been, lol. I lived in Southie on the Dorchester border. I love me some black girls(not Pam Oliver) but I would never bring one back to my apartment because those inbred sh*t heads where a nightmare.

I do, but contrary to your logic here... I moved here for my career, not for the glorious racism.

Sherman is a selfish POS, but to claim he made a gang reference was ridiculous.

No it was asked and established early on, then acknowledged, that it was LOB, not MOB that he shouted.

Was it a ridiculous question to ask? Hardly. The NFL and indeed many other major sports are loaded with ex and even current gang members. Sherman is not one, it appears, though he has acknowledged growing up among gangs in Compton. Being sensitive to gang sigs, tats, and symbols due to my job, I've seen plenty of instances of players showing "love". Hernandez is just one of many.

He clearly said LOB the nickname for the Seattle defense.

And speaking about the "best" CB in the NFL, this is the 7th straight season in which two teams somehow made it to the SB without Revis.

So Sherman is the best CB in the league and his team made it to the Super Bowl many say CBs don't matter he saved the game for the Seahawks.

That's it? That's what everyone's so upset about?

Archived