•  

Photo
- - - - -

Did Richard Sherman just shout out M.O.B. ?

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#51 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,763 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

I was waiting for something like this and the internets didn't disappoint.  It struck me immediately as being WWE-esque.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#52 Lizard King

Lizard King

Perpetual Mediocrity

• Members
  • 5,086 posts
  • LocationThe Himalayas

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Richard Sherman is a football player from Compton, not a US Diplomat.

#53 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,510 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

Wow.

So, if he were a white jerk, he'd just be a "jerk".... but because he's a black jerk, it's extrapolated to the whole race.

Tell us more about this "class" you speak of.

I thought you lived in Boston. That was the most racist place I've ever been, lol. I lived in Southie on the Dorchester border. I love me some black girls(not Pam Oliver) but I would never bring one back to my apartment because those inbred sh*t heads where a nightmare.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#54 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,180 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

Who gives a rats ass about what the acronym was?  Take the interview, or attempted interview, in its totality.  Real class act, right?   Guys like this give credence to the idea that some stereotypes are earned.

Sherman is a selfish POS, but to claim he made a gang reference was ridiculous.
Posted Image

#55 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,509 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

I just find it funny that people are upset over what Sherman did or said, but make excuses for Bart Scot because it was "team" oriented.    He was over the top and really Sherman is kind of an a-hole, but if he made a play, they won, they held the 49ers to 17 points,  so he can say whatever the hell he wants.  The Seahawks are going to the super bowl.   It won't help with people liking him, but damn,   how the hell can anybody who roots for the Jets get pissed at this guy.   The Jets were him, not as obnoxious,  but the entire Rex bravado and Jets going to beat the other teams behinds were the Jets.   

Do we even remember Hard Knocks and people getting pissed that Rex was cursing all the time?     Not the same, but the Jets went to two AFC Championship games in a row and were pretty much hated by most others around the league because of Rex and their bravado.      Most jets fans were loving it and many still love Rex because of it.    So to me it's just funny how Sherman is this or that after he helped his team make it to a super bowl.    

Agreed.  It was no different than the Bart Scott's, Cant Wait interview...which was ******* awesome.  "they cant stop a nose bleed".

Division rivals, in a heated game, you approach him right after the big moment?  What do you expect?  Thats why they rushed to get his interview and not Russell Wilson...boring..zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  This is entertainment and that sh*t was awesome. 

And I cant believe people are calling him a thug turd for this.  For sh*t talking?  Have you ever played sports?  lol.  Thats what you do.  Pretty sure the dude is squeaky clean off the field.  But he's a thug for being a sh*t talker..okay.

Posted Image

#56 NJ

NJ

• Members
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

This sh1tstain makes any troubled fool we've had in Jet green look meritorious - even Holmes. 

NATION....... JETNATION

#57 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,137 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

Ok you want to condone that type of talking and behavior-you want your sons and daughters acted like that

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#58 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,350 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

The earned stereotype that of an athlete who embraces a classless thug persona.   The video speaks for itself, but in our PC world I guess it is not OK to tell the truth.  No mention was made of an "entire race".

You pairing that "earned stereotype" with a comment like "minstrel show" gave me the impression you were being a bigot.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#59 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,350 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

I thought you lived in Boston. That was the most racist place I've ever been, lol. I lived in Southie on the Dorchester border. I love me some black girls(not Pam Oliver) but I would never bring one back to my apartment because those inbred sh*t heads where a nightmare.

I do, but contrary to your logic here... I moved here for my career, not for the glorious racism.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#60 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,685 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:26 AM

The Kapernick one is basically him getting attacked by drunks on the way into the stadium , I'm sure Goodell loved that one.

LOL

#61 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

Sherman is a selfish POS, but to claim he made a gang reference was ridiculous.

No it was asked and established early on, then acknowledged, that it was LOB, not MOB that he shouted.

Was it a ridiculous question to ask? Hardly. The NFL and indeed many other major sports are loaded with ex and even current gang members. Sherman is not one, it appears, though he has acknowledged growing up among gangs in Compton. Being sensitive to gang sigs, tats, and symbols due to my job, I've seen plenty of instances of players showing "love". Hernandez is just one of many.

#62 joewilly12

joewilly12

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

He clearly said LOB the nickname for the Seattle defense.

And speaking about the "best" CB in the NFL, this is the 7th straight season in which two teams somehow made it to the SB without Revis.

So Sherman is the best CB in the league and his team made it to the Super Bowl many say CBs don't matter he saved the game for the Seahawks.

#63 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,862 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

Who gives a rats ass about what the acronym was?  Take the interview, or attempted interview, in its totality.  Real class act, right?   Guys like this give credence to the idea that some stereotypes are earned.

That's it? That's what everyone's so upset about?
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#64 dbatesman

dbatesman

FUGGER

• Members
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

Guys like this give credence to the idea that some stereotypes are earned.

Semantics from the minstrel show that passes for broadcast journalism.

Hey so all of this is cool

This is like having a cat with leukemia.

#65 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,614 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

This is the way 90% of people under 40 act in SFlorida so I'm numb to it.

#66 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,510 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

I do, but contrary to your logic here... I moved here for my career, not for the glorious racism.

I wasn't implying you where a racist, champ. I just figured you'd be used to it living there

#67 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,510 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

#68 joewillie78

joewillie78

lowest poster rating in the league

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:28 AM

That's it? That's what everyone's so upset about?

Somewhere this morning in the New York city offices of the NFL in the commissioners office, they are watching reruns of that interview over and over and over and muttering to themselves: "GOD HELP US"

Posted Image

#69 Matt39

Matt39

BAP

• Members
  • 21,044 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

It's an act. It works.

#70 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,137 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

Media day for the Super Bowl- Goodall cringes

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#71 rillo

rillo

Bernard Pollard for President.

• Members
  • 9,642 posts
  • LocationWPB, FL

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

L.O.B

#72 joewillie78

joewillie78

lowest poster rating in the league

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

Media day for the Super Bowl- Goodall cringes

Yeah, interviewing guys that if it wasnt for their physical ability and being in the NFL, would be on the street corner asking you how many grams you need, or doing 3-7 in Sing-Sing, is always a great way to spend Super Bowl Media day.

They should give an award for the first corner or WR who is a able to complete a grammatically correct sentence.

Posted Image

#73 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 17,102 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

Richard Sherman seems like a confident young fellow

I wonder how cimini and the jets beat douches will make this bad for the jets, lol

Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.

#74 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,350 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

I wasn't implying you where a racist, champ. I just figured you'd be used to it living there

I know what you were getting at. :)

I lived in Georgia and Indiana before here. Both were way more racist than Boston to be honest. If your mind is right, you don't get used to it.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#75 Klecko73isGod

Klecko73isGod

Anchor Salesman

• Members
  • 21,422 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

Sherman answers his critics - love this guy:

http://mmqb.si.com/2...chael-crabtree/

Posted Image

A RYAN ALWAYS SAUSAGES HIS FROSTED FLAKES