•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Michael Crabtree: Possible trade?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,034 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

The San Francisco 49ers may be in cap trouble.  In 2014, their projected cap number is scheduled to be under the cap at $121.6M (projected cap is about $126M).  However, Colin Kaepernick is scheduled to be a free agent after 2014, with just a $1.6M cap figure scheduled for '14 currently.  They're about to pay him handsomely. 

We already know the 49ers will likely let go of UFA Anquan Bodin.  What we DON'T know is just what they'll do with Michael Crabtree.  A free agent after the 2014 season, the 49ers would save $4M by moving him now. 

Though health issues resulted him in only catching 19 passes in '13, and just yesterday he just got bit**-slapped by Richard Sherman, Jim Harbaugh did the 49ers no favors by calling him the "best pass-catcher of all-time".  He had over 1100 yards and 9 TD's in '12.  He's going to need to get paid eventually with money the 49ers simply aren't going to have. 

Would it be wise to try to make a play for him?  If so what compensation would you be willing to send to the 49ers?

Edited by Jetsfan80, 20 January 2014 - 11:59 AM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#2 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,714 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

he came up small end of last season

he came up small end of this season

pass on a trade a huge contract

he's obviously a huge upgrade over what we have, just sayin he aint worth what it will cost

I'd rather draft a big redzone target who can actually catch the ball on a corner fade at the end of a playoff game

Edited by Larz, 20 January 2014 - 12:01 PM.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#3 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,671 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

Soft but if Idzik took the route I would survive. Not a top guy THO

Edited by SenorGato, 20 January 2014 - 12:00 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#4 rillo

rillo

Bernard Pollard for President.

• Members
  • 10,067 posts
  • LocationWPB, FL

Don't see the hype around him. 

#5 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 9,090 posts

I don't think he's worth the money he'll want.

#6 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,034 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

Soft but if Idzik took the route I would survive. Not a top guy THO

Yeah, he'll certainly want to be paid like a WR1 so its not ideal. 

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#7 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,976 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

he's obviously a huge upgrade over what we have, just sayin he aint worth what it will cost

I'd rather draft a big redzone target who can actually catch the ball on a corner fade at the end of a playoff game

He played well throughout the playoffs last year.

#8 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,714 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:12 PM

He played well throughout the playoffs last year.

he's a quality player.  not worth picks and a huge deal imo

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#9 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

I'm with Richard Sherman on this one :-)

#10 joewillie78

joewillie78

lowest poster rating in the league

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

he's a quality player.  not worth picks and a huge deal imo

He got big time "alligator arms" on that slant with about a minute to go on that final drive, when he was about to be crushed by Chancellor I believe. Now would most get alligator arms with that freaking human head hunter coming mach 80 at them, sure, but it still doesnt look good, and makes you look soft.

Posted Image

#11 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,062 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

Crabtree is a primadonna biotch.  No thanks.

Posted Image

#12 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,530 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

The San Francisco 49ers may be in cap trouble.  In 2014, their projected cap number is scheduled to be under the cap at $121.6M (projected cap is about $126M).  However, Colin Kaepernick is scheduled to be a free agent after 2014, with just a $1.6M cap figure scheduled for '14 currently.  They're about to pay him handsomely. 

We already know the 49ers will likely let go of UFA Anquan Bodin.  What we DON'T know is just what they'll do with Michael Crabtree.  A free agent after the 2014 season, the 49ers would save $4M by moving him now. 

Though health issues resulted him in only catching 19 passes in '13, and just yesterday he just got bit**-slapped by Richard Sherman, Jim Harbaugh did the 49ers no favors by calling him the "best pass-catcher of all-time".  He had over 1100 yards and 9 TD's in '12.  He's going to need to get paid eventually with money the 49ers simply aren't going to have. 

Would it be wise to try to make a play for him?  If so what compensation would you be willing to send to the 49ers?

I think Crabtree is a high end number 2 guy or a low end number one and hes going to want cash I don't think we should make a play for him because the Niners will probably want at least a number 2 and I would have much rather given up a 1 for Gordon. 18th pick in the draft for Josh Gordon ? I make that trade in a heartbeat since Gordon is what ?? 23 ?

Proud Member of the AVM

#13 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,953 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

I think Crabtree is a high end number 2 guy or a low end number one and hes going to want cash I don't think we should make a play for him because the Niners will probably want at least a number 2 and I would have much rather given up a 1 for Gordon. 18th pick in the draft for Josh Gordon ? I make that trade in a heartbeat since Gordon is what ?? 23 ?

Not sure that they would have taken a 1st for Gordon. But anyway, if we're going to trade a 2 for Crabtree then we're probably better off just using that pick on a receiver that we wouldn't have to pay as much as Crabtree. Probably a better return on investment.

#14 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 24,401 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

Not a fan, no thx

#15 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Rex/Idzik gtfo

• Members
  • 13,530 posts
  • LocationRhome, Texas

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Crabtree is a primadonna biotch.  No thanks.

yet you stuck up for Holmes ?

Proud Member of the AVM

#16 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

If the Jets were one guy like Crabtree away from Super Bowl or bust,  I'd say yeah why not.  But they aren't even close to being that good and have a lot of holes.     And he's going to want way to much money.  Winning teams seem to dump the high salary guys as much as they can these days.   

I view the Jets kind of  like the Bucs from last year.   Nowhere near as good as people think, a QB situation that is very unknown,  and to spend a boatload of money on one or two players could be disaster.   The Bucs did that with Revis and a few others and they still sucked.    If the Jets trade away the farm for a guy like Crabtree, pay him big bucks, pay some other FA top bucks, and Geno isn't any good,  they'll be that 5-11 Bucs team.         

They need to find a lot of young talent who can take them to the future, not some expensive guys that aren't as good as what they'll be paid.  Crabtree is better than what they have now, but he won't be worth what he wants. And he sure won't be worth what the 49ers will ask.

#17 joewillie78

joewillie78

lowest poster rating in the league

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

If the Jets were one guy like Crabtree away from Super Bowl or bust,  I'd say yeah why not.  But they aren't even close to being that good and have a lot of holes.     And he's going to want way to much money.  Winning teams seem to dump the high salary guys as much as they can these days.   

I view the Jets kind of  like the Bucs from last year.   Nowhere near as good as people think, a QB situation that is very unknown,  and to spend a boatload of money on one or two players could be disaster.   The Bucs did that with Revis and a few others and they still sucked.    If the Jets trade away the farm for a guy like Crabtree, pay him big bucks, pay some other FA top bucks, and Geno isn't any good,  they'll be that 5-11 Bucs team.         

They need to find a lot of young talent who can take them to the future, not some expensive guys that aren't as good as what they'll be paid.  Crabtree is better than what they have now, but he won't be worth what he wants. And he sure won't be worth what the 49ers will ask.

Great post. Well stated.

Posted Image

#18 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

Michael Crabtree is an amazing WR.  What's wrong with you guys?

But, they aren't going to trade away Kaepernick's favorite target, especially if they have to part ways with Boldin this off-season.

#19 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,062 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

yet you stuck up for Holmes ?

Because Holmes is the man.

Posted Image

#20 jorge o8

jorge o8

draft nerd

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • Locationrichmond va

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

Bolding, that guy is an upgreade from what we have now love to have him here next year and draft some other WR and TE

#21 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 47,034 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

Bolding, that guy is an upgreade from what we have now love to have him here next year and draft some other WR and TE

Boldin is too old.  We're not in "win-now" mode like the Ravens or 49ers were when Boldin went on deep playoff runs with them.  We need a WR in free agency who will be a WR1 or WR2 for an extensive period.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 20 January 2014 - 07:41 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#22 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

with shaky qb play i suspect we will see investment up and down the oline, including a solid TE blocker type and maybe a mid-tier "name" RB. that is how you hide a qb liability. welcome to a repeat of the style of play from rex's first two years (minus the results, I fear).

Edited by jgb, 20 January 2014 - 08:06 PM.

#23 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

6 Years Is Enough. Time To Fire Rex

• Members
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:50 PM

To Crabtree's credit, he was going up against this person! I just love how ridiculous this guy is. 

NYJetsScript.gif

#24 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 35,262 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

To Crabtree's credit, he was going up against this person! I just love how ridiculous this guy is. 

He is the love-child of Bart Scott + Chad Ochocinco + TO.

I like him for the simple fact that he helps establish which are the uppity white football fans on message boards.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#25 Jetlife33

Jetlife33

Gotham City Football Club

• Members
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

Crabtree is mediocre... At best.

New-York-Jets-Helmet-2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users