•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Michael Crabtree: Possible trade?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 jgb

jgb

Darksider

• Members
  • 3,267 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

Crabtree is mediocre... At best.

Possession receivers are fan favorites but home run hitters make the hall of fame. I really dont see the jets sustaining many long drives next year considering geno's inaccuracy. Thus we need a field stretcher who is a threat to score on any play.

#27 jorge o8

jorge o8

draft nerd

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • Locationrichmond va

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Boldin is too old.  We're not in "win-now" mode like the Ravens or 49ers were when Boldin went on deep playoff runs with them.  We need a WR in free agency who will be a WR1 or WR2 for an extensive period.

i think he would be good for two years and let him teach the rookies how to play the game

#28 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,476 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

i think he would be good for two years and let him teach the rookies how to play the game

F*ck mentors.  It's hard to learn from Anquan Boldin because a lot of his success comes from simply being a badass.  There are elements of toughness that can't be taught, and he has it.

If we're spending coin on a free agent WR1 or WR2 we need him here for a while to be a security blanket for whichever QB we make our "franchise guy", whether that be Geno or one of the rookies from the '14 or '15 drafts.  We're not in "win-now" mode.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 22 January 2014 - 08:32 AM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#29 bassmaster2

bassmaster2

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

He sound just like Homes , I think the Jets sound pass

#30 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,465 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

F*ck mentors.  It's hard to learn from Anquan Boldin because a lot of his success comes from simply being a badass.  There are elements of toughness that can't be taught, and he has it.

If we're spending coin on a free agent WR1 or WR2 we need him here for a while to be a security blanket for whichever QB we make our "franchise guy", whether that be Geno or one of the rookies from the '14 or '15 drafts.  We're not in "win-now" mode.

It depends how cheap he comes, but I do not have a problem with bringing in Boldin.  Boldin and a high pick and maybe an injury prone guy with talent would be fine with me.  Boldin is the kind of guy they can sign to a non-damaging contract that takes some of the NEED away from the WR spot before the draft.  

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#31 jorge o8

jorge o8

draft nerd

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • Locationrichmond va

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

he would be an upgrade over holmes any day  i say dump holmes bring bolding 2 year deal, i think that would be a good move he cant ask for much and our WRs  would be better

#32 peebag

peebag

What? Me Worry?

• Members
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

We need a deep threat - someone who can strech the field - not sure if Crabtree's the guy.

#33 Sperm Edwards

Sperm Edwards

Penis

• Moderators
  • 28,697 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

I don't see Boldin signing here unless we're offering him a lot more or unless no other contender makes him an offer, which is unlikely since he can still play.  Playing with a bad/developing QB can end a guy's career early because people will partly or greatly blame his lack of recent production on his age.  By the time people realize he can still play he'll really be a year away or less from retirement.

I'm ok with bringing him in, but I don't think he's going to give the Jets any type of discount. We'll have an underperforming (and still raw) Geno Smith and little/nothing else at QB when free agency starts.  Really nothing in it for him to sign here unless we're by far the top bidder.

JetNation.com

#34 pedro55

pedro55

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:23 AM

Why wold Boldin take a pay cut ?    The guy was a big part of why the Ravens won a super bowl, he had some beast moments for the 49ers and it's not like Flacco or Kapernick are Brady or Manning when it comes to passing.       If you can pretty much go anywhere and you're used to winning and still have a few years left of good to great production,  why would you take a pay cut to go to a team who has a QB who was pretty bad most of last year?     It's one thing to go take a paycut to play with Brady or Manning or Rodgers and to have a chance at a super bowl.   It's another to take one and play with Geno Smith.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users