• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,146 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:08 PM

Interestingly enough, Decker reminds me a lot of Jordy Nelson.  Cant put my finger on why...

Gritty, smart, heady,...break out the White Guy adjectives.

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#27 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,393 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Racist.

I'm not denying it.  I hate white people.

Posted Image

#28 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,743 posts

Exactly. They didn't even entertain resigning Jennings after what he wanted, I highly doubt they'll pony up the money for Decker. Besides, they already have a better version of Decker in Jordy, not sure their team needs any more grit.

Jennings was a douche who didn't like Rodgers, so that likely factored in. I know the Packers don't traditionally chase free agents, but it would make no sense not to go get Rodgers another target.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#29 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Decker is not even #1 on the Broncos....the JETS need to add a legit #1 WR.

I do not see any shortcuts here. There are not many in the FA market that can be legit #1's. There could be some calculated risk the JETS can take on with players coming from injury like Maclin. Decker might not be the answer. The JETS will have to draft WR's with their first few picks in this draft.

5 less catches that Thomas and 6 less targets. He could be a #1 receiver in the right offense. This one led by Geno Smith is not conducive to that.

#30 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,311 posts

I think Doug Baldwin is really the type of player the Jets need to be looking at.

I suspect Idzik will stay away from the top of the market and bring in two of the second/third tier type guys e.g. Danario Alexander, Brandon Lafell, Kenny Britt, Robert Meachem, Mario Manningham, Louis Murphy (Sanjay connection) etc. From what the Jets' FO has seen with Holmes and Idzik saw in Seattle with Sidney Rice, they may not be willing to dole out big contracts for some of these guys. (Sidney Rice will probably be cut, he's not a bad option to kick the tires on either).

Personally, if we make a big splash in FA, I feel it'll be for someone like TJ Ward (if he's not franchised) or Jarius Byrd. I think a big time safety and a couple middle WRs would go a lot further than grabbing Decker.  Then again, I could totally be wrong, they sign Decker/Nicks and go after Clinton-Dix or Calvin Pryor in the first round.

#31 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 32,179 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Interestingly enough, Decker reminds me a lot of Jordy Nelson.  Cant put my finger on why...

Is Jordy Nelson prettier than his super pretty wife too?

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#32 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,179 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

5 less catches that Thomas and 6 less targets. He could be a #1 receiver in the right offense. This one led by Geno Smith is not conducive to that.

By "right offense" you mean one with Manning, but without Demarius.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#33 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,179 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

Jennings was a douche who didn't like Rodgers, so that likely factored in. I know the Packers don't traditionally chase free agents, but it would make no sense not to go get Rodgers another target.

Not sure about all that, but I do agree... it makes no sense for the Packers, you see that have that rare combination of factors in place, 1.) they have a top 5 QB, and 2.) they know how to draft receivers and "develop" them.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#34 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,311 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

They have Nelson, Cobb (who's gonna be a top 10 WR next year) and Boykins, I'd suspect they'd resign Jones, who's said he'd take a discount, and look to upgrade their tight end position. 

#35 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

By "right offense" you mean one with Manning, but without Demarius.

He was better than Demarius without Manning and catching passes from Tebow. So, probably a little more than just Manning.

#36 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,267 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

They have Nelson, Cobb (who's gonna be a top 10 WR next year) and Boykins, I'd suspect they'd resign Jones, who's said he'd take a discount, and look to upgrade their tight end position. 

I think they like Quarless. He came on at the end of the season.

#37 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

IMO Decker is a real shot due to his media whore driven wife. But he'll get overpaid as a #1 when he's really a solid #2.

#38 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 12,902 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

IMO Decker is a real shot due to his media whore driven wife. But he'll get overpaid as a #1 when he's really a solid #2.

If Decker is a top tem WR the past 2 years and also played well with Teblow at QB he is a number 1 WR maybe not of the elite status but hes certainly good enough to be a number 1 on more than half the teams in this league. What else would you propose at WR Hess ? You grab Decker or Graham if at all possible and draft a boat load of skill players which this team needed to do for a very long time. Our offensive skill positions have been neglected long enough

Proud Member of the AVM

#39 Integrity28

Integrity28

• Members
  • 32,179 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

He was better than Demarius without Manning and catching passes from Tebow. So, probably a little more than just Manning.

Was he? Or was Tebow just better at getting him the ball? Like, more chemistry. I mean, there's no question that Randy Moss was better than Welker, but Welker often out-produced him with the Patriots because of the chemistry with Brady.

Hard to say take player X from team A and plug him into team B and voila! 

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#40 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Transition Player

• Members
  • 7,240 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

I guess i going beyond just the numbers. Who gives defensive coordinators more concerns. It has to be Demaryius not Decker when facing the Broncos. That's why Aqib Talib was matched up against him in Sunday's game.

Decker can be a good WR as you say in the right offense where there is another legit #1 threat.

#41 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 45,691 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

Was he? Or was Tebow just better at getting him the ball? Like, more chemistry. I mean, there's no question that Randy Moss was better than Welker, but Welker often out-produced him with the Patriots because of the chemistry with Brady.

Hard to say take player X from team A and plug him into team B and voila! 

True, but I'd say Decker is legit after catching a lot of passes from two different QB's.  Especially when the former was a lefty who couldn't football.

I just don't see why he'd come here when he could go play with Luck.  And I don't think he's worth WR1 money.  No one currently on the market really is.

Edited by Jetsfan80, 21 January 2014 - 03:43 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#42 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,599 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

That would be the worst career decision he'd ever make.

#43 derp

derp

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

I suspect Idzik will stay away from the top of the market and bring in two of the second/third tier type guys e.g. Danario Alexander, Brandon Lafell, Kenny Britt, Robert Meachem, Mario Manningham, Louis Murphy (Sanjay connection) etc. From what the Jets' FO has seen with Holmes and Idzik saw in Seattle with Sidney Rice, they may not be willing to dole out big contracts for some of these guys. (Sidney Rice will probably be cut, he's not a bad option to kick the tires on either).

Personally, if we make a big splash in FA, I feel it'll be for someone like TJ Ward (if he's not franchised) or Jarius Byrd. I think a big time safety and a couple middle WRs would go a lot further than grabbing Decker.  Then again, I could totally be wrong, they sign Decker/Nicks and go after Clinton-Dix or Calvin Pryor in the first round.

Byrd would be awesome. Orakpo could make some sense as well as a splashy FA move that fills a need. Idzik certainly has plenty of cap space to work with - though I think priority #1 should be getting Mo locked up.

I wouldn't be surprised if they signed a guy with injury questions (Nicks, Maclin) to a one year deal. Or if they can get Sanders or Tate to agree to a reasonable deal for WR2 money.

#44 fishing92070

fishing92070

salad tosser

• Banned
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

And why would he want to go from catching 80 balls from the best qb in the league to catching 40 balls from the worst qd in the league? Don't think any good wr would want to play with our qb.

Edited by fishing92070, 21 January 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#45 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

And why would he want to go from catching 80 balls from the best qb in the league to catching 40 balls from the worst qd in the league? Don't think any good wr would want to play with our qb.

Sanchez is getting cut ;-)

#46 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 16,986 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

insert clever fapping gif here

Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found in gift shops.

#47 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,085 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

Money talks. Would not overpay for him though. 

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#48 fishing92070

fishing92070

salad tosser

• Banned
  • 161 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Geno will get cut eventually too.

#49 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

New Jersey has pork roll - come on Eric

Pork roll?  PORK ROLL!  Either you, sir, are an impostor, or you are dumbing it down for the non-Jersey masses.

Taylor Ham.  I've never ordered a pork roll egg and cheese on a hard roll with salt-pepper-ketchup.  

#50 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

I may or may not like things

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

Nobody does grilled Pork Roll and Cheese sandwiches like "Joysey" Out here in Pa. deli cooks give me the blank stare like "WTF are you talking about?"

On Melrose avenue in LA a few years ago I ordered a Pork role egg and cheese sandwich after they had no idea what Taylor ham was.

When the waiter returned I was amazed to see a friggin pork chop (with the bone in)  on a bun with melted cheese on it.... I have to say it was pretty good though   :D

Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

http://shar.es/Fr7l6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users