Rosenthal: Yankees Land Tanaka

CrazyCarl40

I know it was the Cubs, but Tanaka made that lineup look completely outclassed. Even though that ump was giving him that low strike all game,Tanaka just looked absolutely filthy. I think I heard he's 3rd in Ks in the AL behind Verlander and ___?  And sweet lord Michael Kay is an awful play-by-play man.

Edit: Tanaka looked very good in his first two starts, but this was clearly his best game. I wonder if the extra day off made him feel more comfortable and attributed to that showing...or if it was just because it was the Cubs.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Is the injection a permanent fix?  Or will this be alingering issue for the remaining 6+ years of his contract?

Why not get it fixed and know you would have him back in 2016.  With CC out and now Tanaka, why possibly lose Tanaka beyond 2015?

No TJ, but he has a small tear in his elbow and will receive an injection before starting rehab. Should miss 6-8 weeks. Like you said this sucks. Yankees desperately need rotation help.

They need hitting help more. Not that they are a playoff team either way this season.

Archived