Sign in to follow this  
T0mShane

"[Sanchez] would be the starter for us as soon as he walked in the door"

JiF    125,362

cause I think  smoke is being blown.

he wont have starting job waiting for him IMHO. Best backup spot is his goal where he can inherit starting job via injury/bad play.

Rams would be good fit as BACKUP since he knows system and will come cheap IMHO.

FWIW - in adddition to Bradford's injury problems, he's terrible.  He rates out as one of the worst QB's in the league.  4 seasons.  He's got like an 15-30 record, didnt finish 2 of them, never had a completion percentage better than 60% and he's due like 17.9 next season.  If the Rams cut him, I think they save like 10-12 mil.

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Jetsfan80    72,539

FWIW - in adddition to Bradford's injury problems, he's terrible.  He rates out as one of the worst QB's in the league.  4 seasons.  He's got like an 15-30 record, didnt finish 2 of them, never had a completion percentage better than 60% and he's due like 17.9 next season.  If the Rams cut him, I think they save like 10-12 mil.

I mean you can throw out all the numbers you want.  Bottom line is they're not cutting him.  They're building around him.  The Rams seem to feel Bradford didn't have enough talent around him.  This year he did, and he had a 60+ comp %, 14 TD's and 4 INT's before he went down.  Next year he'll have even more talent coming in.

Yes, he's overpaid.  Which is why they'll likely be RESTRUCTURING his contract to save money.  But they're not using all these draft picks on guys like Tavon Austin and whichever WR they take this year so they can build around a '14 or '15 rookie.  Not happening.

Edited by Jetsfan80

JiF    125,362

In 2014 they absolutely are.  And almost assuredly longer than that.  They've been going out of their way to reiterate to the fans that he's "their guy". 

They aren't a New York franchise. For a franchise that has been so horrible since the Warner days (only 1 winning season since 2003, I believe) and has had expectations lowered significantly, they know they could do much worse than Bradford.  And personality-wise, he's got everything you look for out of a "Face for the Franchise".....whether he deserves that title or not. 

He's terrible dude, not too many QB's grade out worse.  Nobody is married to guy with a career record of 15-30-1 or whatever it is.  Nobody is married to a below 60% completion percentage.  Nobody is married to a guy who's a 50/50 shot of finishing the season.

I'm not saying it happens, but like I said above, the Rams could save upwards of 12 mil if they cut him.  He's the worst QB in the division, by far.  The Rams know this all too well. 

I know you've got an inside connection with the Rams feeding you this knowledge but from an outsiders perspective, they're in a perfect position to cut him and move on...which is what they should probably do because he's ******* terrible and an eggshell.

Jetfan13    40,963

It will be Miami and like they did with the last QB we released, they will win the AFCE and we again will look like a@@holes sticking with Geno.

Jetsfan80    72,539

He's terrible dude, not too many QB's grade out worse.  Nobody is married to guy with a career record of 15-30-1 or whatever it is.  Nobody is married to a below 60% completion percentage.  Nobody is married to a guy who's a 50/50 shot of finishing the season.

I'm not saying it happens, but like I said above, the Rams could save upwards of 12 mil if they cut him.  He's the worst QB in the division, by far.  The Rams know this all too well. 

I know you've got an inside connection with the Rams feeding you this knowledge but from an outsiders perspective, they're in a perfect position to cut him and move on...which is what they should probably do because he's ******* terrible and an eggshell.

What they SHOULD do and what they WILL do are 2 separate matters.  They WILL NOT be cutting Bradford.  He will be their starting QB in 2014 and 2015 as long as he's healthy. 

Teams don't just cut ties with a top QB pick.  Look how long it took for us to move on from Sanchez.  He's still on the roster 5 years later.  And this is a New York franchise we're talking about, not a midwest baseball town.

Edited by Jetsfan80

JiF    125,362

I mean you can throw out all the numbers you want.  Bottom line is they're not cutting him.  They're building around him.  The Rams seem to feel Bradford didn't have enough talent around him.  This year he did, and he had a 60+ comp %, 14 TD's and 4 INT's before he went down.  Next year he'll have even more talent coming in.

Yes, he's overpaid.  Which is why they'll likely be RESTRUCTURING his contract to save money.  But they're not using all these draft picks on guys like Tavon Austin and whichever WR they take this year so they can build around a '14 or '15 rookie.  Not happening.

Here's an interesting read on the kid...not sure why you love him so much.

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/1676/why-the-rams-should-get-rid-of-sam-bradford

JiF    125,362

I don't love him.  I think the Rams should get a new QB as well sooner rather than later.  I'm giving you the reasons why they won't.

WTF?  Then STFU.  jezzus

• Upvote 1

joewillie78    25

Yeah, and by halftime of his first game with his new team, they'd be ready to hand him the clipboard. I'm not sure I buy any of this crap, for a coach to say that one of the all-time worst starting QB's in the NFL would instantly be their starter is just mind numbing.

And if this is the case, then you must have Steveie Wonder starting right now and being backed up by Tito Jackson.

Come on, Sanchez? really? I personally cant wait to see that bum on any NFL team not known as the NY JETS.

Gastineau Lives    3,797

Here's an interesting read on the kid...not sure why you love him so much.

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/1676/why-the-rams-should-get-rid-of-sam-bradford

I'm not disagreeing with you, he's probably not a great QB, but if we're going to be fair, he has had mediocre receivers, crappy coordinators and at times, pretty bad offensive lines that have turned horrific due to injuries.

SenorGato    13,223

Would not be surprised at all if hes the bust QB who turns it around in his late 20s for some other team.

Edited by SenorGato

joewillie78    25

Would not be surprised at all if hes the bust QB who turns it around in his late 20s for some other team.

I wouldnt be surprised. I would be SHOCKED, FLOORED, FLABBERGASTED. That dude is just awful, and besides maybe CARSON PALMER, all the rest of the USC busts generally try one or two more teams and then start selling hotdogs from a cart.

Edited by joewillie78

Klecko73isGod    123,121

Oakland?

Cleveland?  Probably not...dont think Lombardi would make such a claim.

Jax?  He's not better than Henne and they're all about an open competition, so doubt Caldwell would say that.

Houston?  maybe

Min?  Not better than Cassell

St. Louis?  Maybe with the Schotty connnection

He may not better than Henne but he's really not worse than Henne, same can be said of Cassell. Lombardi never liked him so Cleveland is probably out but you're kidding yourself if you think Sanchez doesn't get at least three phone calls the second he gets cut. 

Just based on what else will be out there... he's no worse the second best option. And to be clear, that doesn't mean I think all that highly of Sanchez. That means I think that little of Michael Vick, Chad Henne, John Freeman, Shaun Hill and Josh McCown. 

• Upvote 1

faba    117,904

Some team will take a shot with him no doubt- just look at all the teams desperate for decent QB play including us

T0mShane    90,968

Rams cut Bradford, sign Sanchez to start with Clemens as his backup, in Schotty's system. Perfect.

Cut Bradford, save $10+ on the cap, draft Teddy Bridgewater at 2.

Jetsfan80    72,539

I wouldnt be surprised. I would be SHOCKED, FLOORED, FLABBERGASTED. That dude is just awful, and besides maybe CARSON PALMER, all the rest of the USC busts generally try one or two more teams and then start selling hotdogs from a cart.

If he could do ANYTHING that a QB does well I'd be on board with him making a "comeback" with another team.  But I have yet to see someone make an argument that he does anything a QB is supposed to be able to do.  All people respond with are excuses or "WIN PLAYOFF GAMES DERP".

Jetsfan80    72,539

Would you scoop up Bradford for the Jets if they cut him?

He'd instantly be the top QB on the open market, so at the right price, sure. 

Jetsfan80    72,539

I agree about 99% BUT it didnt take long for Jeff Fisher to cut ties with Vince Young in Tennessee.

Jeff Fisher HATED Vince Young.  HATED him.  He likes Sam.  As a person and a player.

joewillie78    25

If he could do ANYTHING that a QB does well I'd be on board with him making a "comeback" with another team.  But I have yet to see someone make an argument that he does anything a QB is supposed to be able to do.  All people respond with are excuses or "WIN PLAYOFF GAMES DERP".

Make a film of SANCHEZ and show it to any perspective QB candidate, and tell them to NOT do anything you see in this film if you want to be successful. AND the first person they should show it to is Geno.

• Upvote 1

joewillie78    25

Jeff Fisher HATED Vince Young.  HATED him.  He likes Sam.  As a person and a player.

I understand that and as I said 99%, BUT with the second pick, and the chance, as TOm pointed out to rid your books of 10mill, it would not completely shock me if they did it, especailly if they are not totally convinced of Bradford.

And in my opinion, I absolutely go after him, if I'm the Jets, if they do part ways with him. He reminds me of Pennington with a stronger arm.

T0mShane    90,968

Would you scoop up Bradford for the Jets if they cut him?

No. Always hurt. Let him go to the Texans. Having an injury-prone QB is like having a Ferrari with foam rubber tires. ****s up your whole program.

joewillie78    25

No. Always hurt. Let him go to the Texans. Having an injury-prone QB is like having a Ferrari with foam rubber tires. ****s up your whole program.

Could our O-line protect him? He seems to have a pretty quick release.