•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"[Sanchez] would be the starter for us as soon as he walked in the door"

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#201 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,878 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:06 AM

It's the JN way because of people like you.

I wasn't this way when I was young and beautiful. You are to blame. You made me this way.

You should have aged better.
Posted Image

#202 MexiRoll6

MexiRoll6

Not very popular, apparently

• Members
  • 783 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in tennesee

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

Oakland?

Cleveland?  Probably not...dont think Lombardi would make such a claim.

Jax?  He's not better than Henne and they're all about an open competition, so doubt Caldwell would say that.

Houston?  maybe

Min?  Not better than Cassell

St. Louis?  Maybe with the Schotty connnection

I think its the Raiders. Sanchez is a Cali guy and would fit in with the misfits in Oakland. Plus, he would get to throw a couple of pick sixes against the Jets.

Where have you gone Walt Michaels?

#203 joewillie78

joewillie78

lowest poster rating in the league

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

I think its the Raiders. Sanchez is a Cali guy and would fit in with the misfits in Oakland. Plus, he would get to throw a couple of pick sixes against the Jets.

If he does go to Oakland, they should look to also add Jamarcus Russell, and if that doesn't work, you can always give Ryan Leaf a call.
Posted Image

#204 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,579 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

So, yeah, Sanchez didn't cost Rex two Super Bowl appearances.

He was easily the weakest link on two Super Bowl-caliber rosters.  You've said it before, no HC can win a title with a "C" QB anymore.  Sanchez was an "F".  Rex hitched his wagon to the wrong QB, but your boy Idzik didn't think that was a good enough reason to jettison him. 

Edited by Jetsfan80, 24 January 2014 - 01:51 PM.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#205 Lizard King

Lizard King

Perpetual Mediocrity

• Members
  • 5,474 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

He was easily the weakest link on two Super Bowl-caliber rosters.  You've said it before, no HC can win a title with a "C" QB anymore.  Sanchez was an "F".  Rex hitched his wagon to the wrong QB, but your boy Idzik didn't think that was a good enough reason to jettison him. 

Geno was our QB this year....it was only Idzik's first year as GM...how do you judge someone for something committed in the past when this year he was using the GM's guy?

#206 GimmeShelter

GimmeShelter

NFL Alumni

• Members
  • 9,164 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Very interesting, just as the reactions around here will be.

The vets out there are terrible. It's not hard to make a case that Sanchez (at a significantly reduced rate) is their best veteran option. Young, has won some (playoff) games, knows the system. I'm not advocating it -at all- but I can see the argument.

The draft will also be interesting. Jets have a lot of picks, but they're not currently in position for one of the top QBs this year, and (maybe) outside of Bridgewater, they all have question marks of their own. Do they spend a second or third rounder on an even more questionable QB? Or do they go with a safer pick at another one of their many needs? Any QB taken in the first four rounds will be a story around here, and a perceived threat to win the starting job.

And the thing is, the Jets need a QB (or two) who is a threat to win the starting job. I'm sure Idzik hopes that Geno is the answer. That he'll at least be a competent starter. With so little out there in terms of potential replacements, it'll be very interesting to see how he addresses it.

That would not surprise me at all with the way our FO operates.  He would also likely beat out Geno if give the oppurtunity.

I'm just hoping we also address QB in the draft. 

#207 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,257 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

Sanchez's career playoff numbers are a solid B.

Edited by Matt39, 26 January 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#208 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,140 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

So, yeah, Sanchez didn't cost Rex two Super Bowl appearances.

That's true, it was only the one time that Sanchez was by far the most significant reason amongst many that cost the Jets an appearance.

The other time he merely was a contributing factor in the overall failure.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users