What if they threw a senior bowl and no Dolphins coaches showed up?

stoicsentry

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/21/dolphins-coaching-staff-not-on-hand-at-senior-bowl/

This week’s Senior Bowl practices are usually the place to find NFL coaching staffs getting their first long looks at the top college players in the coming draft.

But the Dolphins have apparently decided to skip it.

According to Andrew Abramson of the Palm Beach Post, Dolphins coach Joe Philbin and his staff aren’t on hand in Mobile, Ala. Philbin was there last year, after missing his first one with the Dolphins since he had just been hired.

They have scouts present, led by assistant General Manager Brian Gaine, but the team’s presence is limited.

The lack of a General Manager is also an issue here, as the Dolphins are the last team with such a personnel opening.

The Dolphins have the 19th overall pick, and there’s a reasonable chance that player’s in Mobile this week. And if he is, perhaps the coaching staff will meet him at some point, provided there’s someone in place to pick him.

Rex Ryan interviewed Tajh Boyd for an hour. Rex Ryan's son went to Clemson. Philbin is missing all these opportunities.

AKA Rex talked to a familiar acquaintance for an extended period of time and reporters' view it as "interviewing." I'm surprised you didn't spin it as Idzik giving him busy-work just to turn his wheels, while he and his staff interview the real prospects.

Well, they did extensively scout Dion Jordan. They may have better luck just guessing. Maybe they're onto something.

With the amount of ore draft words/nonsense these days I have wondered if there's an annoyed franchise who chooses to stay away from the show. I think a whooooooooooooooooole lot of predraft stuff is just there to **** with your instinct. The vast majority really...

AKA Rex talked to a familiar acquaintance for an extended period of time and reporters' view it as "interviewing." I'm surprised you didn't spin it as Idzik giving him busy-work just to turn his wheels, while he and his staff interview the real prospects.

T0ms going to be so pissed you thought of that before he said it.

Archived