•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

So, who wants to sign Aaron Hernandez?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 29,200 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

Prosecutors give up on Carlos Ortiz as witness against Hernandez

Posted by Mike Florio on February 1, 2014, 9:22 AM EST

AP
The case against former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez may not be as strong as once believed.

Carlos Ortiz, once believed to be the star witness against Hernandez in the murder of Odin Lloyd based on the extent to which information apparently obtained from him was used to support search warrants and arrest warrants, will now not be called as a witness at all. Via the Taunton (Mass.) Daily Gazette, paperwork filed Friday in court indicates that prosecutors view Ortiz as “completely unreliable” based on the fact that his once-damning story has dramatically changed.

As a result, prosecutors could now be attempting the equivalent of a Hail Mary pass.

Via the Associated Press, prosecutors want to review Hernandez’s phone conversations in search of “coded messages” that could show Hernandez was talking about the murder of Odin Lloyd with his fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins, and/or his cousin, Tanya Singleton.

Prosecutors contend Hernandez discussed Lloyd’s murder in cryptic fashion. Topics allegedly included Hernandez’s “belief about his criminal liability” and the “extent of his control over persons charged as accessories.”

Even if that’s what happened, it could be a challenge to use “I took care of that thing”-style remarks to show guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. But that may be all they have, if neither Ortiz nor Ernest Wallace, the two men allegedly in the car with Hernandez and Lloyd before Lloyd was shot to death, will be testifying against Hernandez.

Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#2 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,639 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

I'm shocked a witness in a gang murder is changing his story

the pats* even cheat when they murder

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#3 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,983 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

I can't even joke about signing him.  I want to joke about it but I just can't....

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#4 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,836 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

I thought this was going to be a veiled reference about drafting Colt Lyerla. I've been let down by both T0mshane and the justice system. I'm not sure which one hurts more.

#5 Lizard King

Lizard King

Oh sh*t We Suck Again

• Members
  • 5,796 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

They still have an entirely different case to pursue now for a shooting outside of a Boston nightclub. If he clears both i would sign him on the cheap though. Just putting that out there
There will be in the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it.
Aldous Huxley

#6 joewilly12

joewilly12

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

Sign this beast once he's cleared of any and all charges top 5 TE in the NFL.

#7 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 29,200 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Back to the pond, boys!
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#8 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 29,200 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

I thought this was going to be a veiled reference about drafting Colt Lyerla. I've been let down by both T0mshane and the justice system. I'm not sure which one hurts more.

Both systematically unreliable.

#9 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,926 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

So a couple of months ago they supposedly had so much evidence and now they have little- i do not believe these stories

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#10 Lizard King

Lizard King

Oh sh*t We Suck Again

• Members
  • 5,796 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

So a couple of months ago they supposedly had so much evidence and now they have little- i do not believe these stories

Why would the associated press make that up? I kinda felt like the prosecutor was stalling all along. He shoudlve been going by now
There will be in the next generation or so a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it.
Aldous Huxley

#11 neckdemon

neckdemon

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,032 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

no thnx. dude is a piece of sh*t

#12 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,034 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:39 AM

Go Gators
Posted Image

#13 joewillie78

joewillie78

lowest poster rating in the league

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

Go Gators

Spurrier would be so proud.
Posted Image

#14 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 28,015 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

Sign Hernandez, Vick, Incognito.  Bam! Super Bowl, baby!

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#15 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,034 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

Sign Hernandez, Vick, Incognito. Bam! Super Bowl, baby!

Agreed. If there is one Head Coach that could handle those personalities, it's Rex Ryan.
Posted Image

#16 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 39,034 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

And I'd bring TO and Ocho Cinco in for a look, maybe Randy Moss too.
Posted Image

#17 joewillie78

joewillie78

lowest poster rating in the league

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

And I'd bring TO and Ocho Cinco in for a look, maybe Randy Moss too.

JEFF GEORGE can flat out sling it.
Posted Image

#18 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,926 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

Agreed. If there is one Head Coach that could handle those personalities, it's Rex Ryan.

Yeah i can see it now our three tri-captains

Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#19 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,265 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

Watch the Pats re-sign him and turn this into a warm and fuzzy story.

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#20 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,788 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

I can't even joke about signing him.  I want to joke about it but I just can't....

agree, he is the current young leader of ThugTurds. OJ wont be around much long I hear, so this former TE (now a WR I hear) will inherit the crown.

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#21 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

I normally don't care what these guys do off field, Vick, Incognito, ect, this guy I don't want to touch with a ten foot pole

#22 johnnysd

johnnysd

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

If the Jets signed Hernandez and Vick I would find another team. I still think that they have enough to convict Hernandez anyway.

#23 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

6 Years Is Enough. Time To Fire Rex

• Members
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

Prosecutors give up on Carlos Ortiz as witness against Hernandez

Posted by Mike Florio on February 1, 2014, 9:22 AM EST

AP
The case against former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez may not be as strong as once believed.

Carlos Ortiz, once believed to be the star witness against Hernandez in the murder of Odin Lloyd based on the extent to which information apparently obtained from him was used to support search warrants and arrest warrants, will now not be called as a witness at all. Via the Taunton (Mass.) Daily Gazette, paperwork filed Friday in court indicates that prosecutors view Ortiz as “completely unreliable” based on the fact that his once-damning story has dramatically changed.

As a result, prosecutors could now be attempting the equivalent of a Hail Mary pass.

Via the Associated Press, prosecutors want to review Hernandez’s phone conversations in search of “coded messages” that could show Hernandez was talking about the murder of Odin Lloyd with his fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins, and/or his cousin, Tanya Singleton.

Prosecutors contend Hernandez discussed Lloyd’s murder in cryptic fashion. Topics allegedly included Hernandez’s “belief about his criminal liability” and the “extent of his control over persons charged as accessories.”

Even if that’s what happened, it could be a challenge to use “I took care of that thing”-style remarks to show guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. But that may be all they have, if neither Ortiz nor Ernest Wallace, the two men allegedly in the car with Hernandez and Lloyd before Lloyd was shot to death, will be testifying against Hernandez.

The only thing I got from this is that my phone is constantly tapped, and that everything I write on the internet is filed and stored away...even my "PM's". lol. 

Edited by Villain The Foe, 01 February 2014 - 02:46 PM.

NYJetsScript.gif

#24 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,771 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

Mini-draft 2014. Get on the bus.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#25 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,639 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

The only thing I got from this is that my phone is constantly tapped, and that everything I write on the internet is filed and stored away...even my "PM's". lol. 

echelon

shhhhhhhh

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users