Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

So, who wants to sign Aaron Hernandez?

80 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Prosecutors give up on Carlos Ortiz as witness against Hernandez

Posted by Mike Florio on February 1, 2014, 9:22 AM EST

AP

The case against former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez may not be as strong as once believed.

Carlos Ortiz, once believed to be the star witness against Hernandez in the murder of Odin Lloyd based on the extent to which information apparently obtained from him was used to support search warrants and arrest warrants, will now not be called as a witness at all. Via the Taunton (Mass.) Daily Gazette, paperwork filed Friday in court indicates that prosecutors view Ortiz as “completely unreliable” based on the fact that his once-damning story has dramatically changed.

As a result, prosecutors could now be attempting the equivalent of a Hail Mary pass.

Via the Associated Press, prosecutors want to review Hernandez’s phone conversations in search of “coded messages” that could show Hernandez was talking about the murder of Odin Lloyd with his fiancee, Shayanna Jenkins, and/or his cousin, Tanya Singleton.

Prosecutors contend Hernandez discussed Lloyd’s murder in cryptic fashion. Topics allegedly included Hernandez’s “belief about his criminal liability” and the “extent of his control over persons charged as accessories.”

Even if that’s what happened, it could be a challenge to use “I took care of that thing”-style remarks to show guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. But that may be all they have, if neither Ortiz nor Ernest Wallace, the two men allegedly in the car with Hernandez and Lloyd before Lloyd was shot to death, will be testifying against Hernandez.

Posted · Report post

I'm shocked a witness in a gang murder is changing his story

the pats* even cheat when they murder

Posted · Report post

I can't even joke about signing him.  I want to joke about it but I just can't....

Posted · Report post

I thought this was going to be a veiled reference about drafting Colt Lyerla. I've been let down by both T0mshane and the justice system. I'm not sure which one hurts more.

Posted · Report post

They still have an entirely different case to pursue now for a shooting outside of a Boston nightclub. If he clears both i would sign him on the cheap though. Just putting that out there

Posted · Report post

Sign this beast once he's cleared of any and all charges top 5 TE in the NFL.

Posted · Report post

Back to the pond, boys!

Posted · Report post

I thought this was going to be a veiled reference about drafting Colt Lyerla. I've been let down by both T0mshane and the justice system. I'm not sure which one hurts more.

Both systematically unreliable.

Posted · Report post

So a couple of months ago they supposedly had so much evidence and now they have little- i do not believe these stories

Posted · Report post

So a couple of months ago they supposedly had so much evidence and now they have little- i do not believe these stories

Why would the associated press make that up? I kinda felt like the prosecutor was stalling all along. He shoudlve been going by now

Posted · Report post

no thnx. dude is a piece of sh*t

Posted · Report post

Go Gators

Posted · Report post

Go Gators

Spurrier would be so proud.

Posted · Report post

Sign Hernandez, Vick, Incognito.  Bam! Super Bowl, baby!

Posted · Report post

Sign Hernandez, Vick, Incognito. Bam! Super Bowl, baby!

Agreed. If there is one Head Coach that could handle those personalities, it's Rex Ryan.

Posted · Report post

And I'd bring TO and Ocho Cinco in for a look, maybe Randy Moss too.

Posted · Report post

And I'd bring TO and Ocho Cinco in for a look, maybe Randy Moss too.

JEFF GEORGE can flat out sling it.

Posted · Report post

Agreed. If there is one Head Coach that could handle those personalities, it's Rex Ryan.

Yeah i can see it now our three tri-captains

Posted · Report post

Watch the Pats re-sign him and turn this into a warm and fuzzy story.

Posted · Report post

I can't even joke about signing him.  I want to joke about it but I just can't....

agree, he is the current young leader of ThugTurds. OJ wont be around much long I hear, so this former TE (now a WR I hear) will inherit the crown.

Posted · Report post

I normally don't care what these guys do off field, Vick, Incognito, ect, this guy I don't want to touch with a ten foot pole

Posted · Report post

If the Jets signed Hernandez and Vick I would find another team. I still think that they have enough to convict Hernandez anyway.

Posted (edited) · Report post

The only thing I got from this is that my phone is constantly tapped, and that everything I write on the internet is filed and stored away...even my "PM's". lol. 

Edited by Villain The Foe

Posted · Report post

Mini-draft 2014. Get on the bus.

Posted · Report post

The only thing I got from this is that my phone is constantly tapped, and that everything I write on the internet is filed and stored away...even my "PM's". lol. 

echelon

shhhhhhhh