Richardson NFL DROY

JoeC36

I agree, not mutually exclusive, but also just his opinion. I get the feeling, like many Jet fans, that they really aren't ready to celebrate anything until this team as a whole can give us all a reason to celebrate.

Was it necessary to bring it up in this thread? maybe, maybe not, but was he "trolling"? I highly doubt that. Just another frustrated JET fan like many of us.

So your argument is that it is entirely justified for someone to come into a thread for the distinct purpose of giving everyone else in it crap for daring to happy about something good that happened for a Jets player, but it is in no way justified for that same person to catch any crap in return for doing that?  Yeah, ok.  With logic like that, it's becoming increasingly more apparent how you have been able to convince yourself of this nonsense that you're some sort of martyr around here.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So your argument is that it is entirely justified for someone to come into a thread for the distinct purpose of giving everyone else in it crap for daring to happy about something good that happened for a Jets player, but it is in no way justified for that same person to catch any crap in return for doing that?  Yeah, ok.  With logic like that, it's becoming increasingly more apparent how you have been able to convince yourself of this nonsense that you're some sort of martyr around here.

LOL

In my defense, I was advocating a trade back. I'll be the first to admit I don't know jack doo-doo about the college prospects, well I probably know a bit more than that, but not much. My "wtf" had more to do with the thinking that we could have moved back a few spots and gotten someone like Vaccarro, or Eifert, or Lotuleilei all of whom I was advocating, if memory serves. I'm not doing a re-read. 

you actually care enough to defend yourself. haha

Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, "the Whale," they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime.

Do it, Doug!!!

What I'm saying is that when someone has a completely differing view, than basically the entire population of people that added comments to the thread, does not automatically make the person a Troll. If I go into a thread where everyone is discussing whether REX should be in the HOF on the first ballot or second, and I scoff at it and say 'are you joking?" That doesn't make me a troll, that makes me a vast minority in that thread. Same in this case. EVERYONE and I mean everyone was reveling in the fact that Richardson won DROY, except of course NCJETSFAN, and this instead of making him someone who refused to go with the warm and fuzzy feelings of the thread, expressed that he will celebrate when the JETS win something of signifigance and for this is labeled a troll. That's all.

It's an intentional meatball pitch... it's something I do... I expected to get funnier rips at me for it. Oh well.

Thats good because i was thinking "here he goes again taking his jets fandom messageboard reputation way too seriously again which makes him unfriendly to people who arent in his clique" thanks for setting the record straight :Nuts:

In my defense, I was advocating a trade back. I'll be the first to admit I don't know jack doo-doo about the college prospects, well I probably know a bit more than that, but not much. My "wtf" had more to do with the thinking that we could have moved back a few spots and gotten someone like Vaccarro, or Eifert, or Lotuleilei all of whom I was advocating, if memory serves. I'm not doing a re-read. 

Monk - the only reason I even mentioned your name was as a point of reference as you were the 1st guy to post in the thread after the pick was reality.

I said WTF myself with another defensive choice with our offense down to stems and seeds. Was truly expecting, in true Jet fashion, Geno or a marginal to bad WR choice. I only new about Richardson as a buddy's kid plays at Mizou and I saw some footage of him. 

Thats good because i was thinking "here he goes again taking his jets fandom messageboard reputation way too seriously again which makes him unfriendly to people who arent in his clique" thanks for setting the record straight :Nuts:

I don't have a clique. Everyone hates me. #messiah

Monk - the only reason I even mentioned your name was as a point of reference as you were the 1st guy to post in the thread after the pick was reality.

I said WTF myself with another defensive choice with our offense down to stems and seeds. Was truly expecting, in true Jet fashion, Geno or a marginal to bad WR choice. I only new about Richardson as a buddy's kid plays at Mizou and I saw some footage of him. 

I know, dude. I was just try to goof on the whole thing. No biggie. :)

What I'm saying is that when someone has a completely differing view, than basically the entire population of people that added comments to the thread, does not automatically make the person a Troll. If I go into a thread where everyone is discussing whether REX should be in the HOF on the first ballot or second, and I scoff at it and say 'are you joking?" That doesn't make me a troll, that makes me a vast minority in that thread. Same in this case. EVERYONE and I mean everyone was reveling in the fact that Richardson won DROY, except of course NCJETSFAN, and this instead of making him someone who refused to go with the warm and fuzzy feelings of the thread, expressed that he will celebrate when the JETS win something of signifigance and for this is labeled a troll. That's all.

Since everyone knows you're really arguing for yourself.... You do realize you get a hard time not because of your opinion but because you are extraordinarily repetitive to the point where it's well past predictable, occurs in most threads, and nose-dives any real dialogue. So, to avoid any confusion, it's not the opinion, it's you.

Since everyone knows you're really arguing for yourself.... You do realize you get a hard time not because of your opinion but because you are extraordinarily repetitive to the point where it's well past predictable, occurs in most threads, and nose-dives any real dialogue. So, to avoid any confusion, it's not the opinion, it's you.

PREACH ON, BRUTHAH!!!!

Actually, in this particular case, I was arguing for NCJETSFAN, but if it also served the purpose of furthering any agenda that I may have, then that is simply an added bonus to an already very poignant discussion. Thanks for your brutal honesty. I seem to get a lot of that on this forum.

just bustin chops. at the time of the pick i was also like "WTF more defense?" obviously love the pick now!

I honestly didn't mind that it was defense, I said at the time Rex won't miss on a DL. So I figured we at least wouldn't have a bust on our hands. I was just disappointed that we couldn't pull off the trade back, because all of the mock drafters had Sheldon available much later in the first round.

That said, I also noted that you gotta trust the scouts and GMs over the mock drafters regarding the actual value of these guys.

Actually, in this particular case, I was arguing for NCJETSFAN, but if it also served the purpose of furthering any agenda that I may have, then that is simply an added bonus to an already very poignant discussion. Thanks for your brutal honesty. I seem to get a lot of that on this forum.

:akf:

There was nothing about that discussion that remotely qualifies as "poignant." 

Archived