Jets, Bucs to have interest in Vick as per Schefter

Gastineau Lives

Jets would be 10-6 with Vick Starting. That is of course assuming he stays healthy for 16 games, which as I said before is my ONLY concern, not his past, and he certainly can play the QB position at high level in the NFL, even at his advanced age.

Dude. Michael Vick is a middling talent at best who's best years are way, waaay behind him. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude. Michael Vick is a middling talent at best who's best years are way, waaay behind him. 

BEST years way behind? I completely agree. He will never be the "old" Mike Vick. That guy was scary. BUT he certainly, again if healthy, can still play at high level, especially in a system like Marty's that he's completely comfortable and familiar with.

If not VICK, then who would you like to see them bring in, or are you all in on GENO?

BEST years way behind? I completely agree. He will never be the "old" Mike Vick. That guy was scary. BUT he certainly, again if healthy, can still play at high level, especially in a system like Marty's that he's completely comfortable and familiar with.

If not VICK, then who would you like to see them bring in, or are you all in on GENO?

First of all, the "old" Michael Vick was an insanely overrated football player. He's NEVER been able to stay healthy. He's played a full 16 game schedule exactly once. The last two years that he did play he played like hot garbage in Marty Morningwheg's system. You know you can look this stuff up, right?

I would like to see someone like Henne or Orton. Someone that might actually scare Geno into thinking he could end up on the bench all year. 

First of all, the "old" Michael Vick was an insanely overrated football player. He's NEVER been able to stay healthy. He's played a full 16 game schedule exactly once. The last two years that he did play he played like hot garbage in Marty Morningwheg's system. You know you can look this stuff up, right?

I would like to see someone like Henne or Orton. Someone that might actually scare Geno into thinking he could end up on the bench all year. 

Both of those would be satisfactory. Geno would not be worried more about a former #1 overall pick, a pro-bowler, and a guy with great physical skills, as opposed to basically 2 journeymen, who have never had the success Vick has had?

Both of those would be satisfactory. Geno would not be worried more about a former #1 overall pick, a pro-bowler, and a guy with great physical skills, as opposed to basically 2 journeymen, who have never had the success Vick has had?

Vick sucks bud. He was never particularly good. Let it go. 

You can put all the BS aside about Vick being a bad guy - I don't want him for one very simple reason - HE IS A sh*tTY FOOTBALL PLAYER.

The only time we should ever get into character conversations is if the player is actually worthy of consideration based on his ability. Vick sucks so that should be then end of the conversation. 

This. 

Like it or not, what Vick did, he did SEVEN years ago.  I can make a short list of stupid sh*t I did over seven years ago, and haven't done since.  Perhaps, we, as men (and the three ladies that post here) can take the higher road and forgive his shortcomings from SEVEN years ago, and simply evaluate him as a player.  

If MM says, lets give him a workout.  Fine. Let's hate him for throwing interceptions, or scrambling with the ball in one hand, like an idiot.  

Let his doggy sh*t go; he's a football player now.  A mediocre one, who sadly m-i-g-h-t be an upgrade over what's on our roster right now. 

This. 

Like it or not, what Vick did, he did SEVEN years ago.  I can make a short list of stupid sh*t I did over seven years ago, and haven't done since.  Perhaps, we, as men (and the three ladies that post here) can take the higher road and forgive his shortcomings from SEVEN years ago, and simply evaluate him as a player.  

If MM says, lets give him a workout.  Fine. Let's hate him for throwing interceptions, or scrambling with the ball in one hand, like an idiot.  

Let his doggy sh*t go; he's a football player now.  A mediocre one, who sadly m-i-g-h-t be an upgrade over what's on our roster right now. 

I actually disagree with this. At this point in their respective careers, give me Geno any day of the week. 

You can put all the BS aside about Vick being a bad guy - I don't want him for one very simple reason - HE IS A sh*tTY FOOTBALL PLAYER.

The only time we should ever get into character conversations is if the player is actually worthy of consideration based on his ability. Vick sucks so that should be then end of the conversation. 

Sucks isn't an absolute thing like a light switch being on or off.  There are degrees.  Even if you think Vick sucks, Sanchez sucks worse than Vick.  But Sanchez isn't subhuman slime.  I can dislike Sanchez and still root for him to do well.  Vick, on the other hand, I root for him to lose an eyeball or any other ball on any given play.

Sucks isn't an absolute thing like a light switch being on or off.  There are degrees.  Even if you think Vick sucks, Sanchez sucks worse than Vick.  But Sanchez isn't subhuman slime.  I can dislike Sanchez and still root for him to do well.  Vick, on the other hand, I root for him to lose an eyeball or any other ball on any given play.

Fair enough. I don't want either of them on the 2014 Jets. 

GREAT, GREAT news. Izzy, make it happen.

And by the way, we have the Bucs (Glennon), Jets (Smith), and hell, we might as well throw the Bills (Manuel) in the mix, to complete the indictment on that great QB class of 2013.

Vick actually blows.  Even if he did not, he is hurt constantly

Vick actually blows.  Even if he did not, he is hurt constantly

As I said in another thread, VICKS affinity for being injured is the only thing that scares me with him. I trust his level of play, and he is familiar with Marty's system. IF and I know its a huge IF, he can stay healthy, then I really believe he can help the Jets make the playoffs.

Archived