Matt Cassel is a FA

Lizard King

I definitely don't want Geno to be handed anything.  I am very much in favor with the veteran QB to come in and compete.  The NFL is so crazy though I just fear it will take a 20 million dollar plus contract to land Cassel.  I am afraid of a Matt Flynn kind of situation.

No way we should pay $20 mil, and I don't think teams will be beating a path to his door as anything other than a back-up.   But we need a better hatched plan than we've had in the past 5 years whoever the vet/vets happen to be.  And, yeah, keep drafting QB's until we strike gold -- hopefully in what is left of my lifetime.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way we should pay $20 mil, and I don't think teams will be beating a path to his door as anything other than a back-up.   But we need a better hatched plan than we've had in the past 5 years whoever the vet/vets happen to be.  And, yeah, keep drafting QB's until we strike gold -- hopefully in what is left of my lifetime.

QB contracts just scare the hell out of me.  Cassel basically opted out of a 4 million dollar contract.  So he thinks (knows) he can get a better contract.  I am not sure what that will be but I am not going to be shocked if he lands a 3 year deal.  

QB contracts just scare the hell out of me.  Cassel basically opted out of a 4 million dollar contract.  So he thinks (knows) he can get a better contract.  I am not sure what that will be but I am not going to be shocked if he lands a 3 year deal.  

Reality is a mofo, as all of us with any tread worn off the tires know.  I agree, maybe a "soft" 3 year deal with less pain on the back end could happen.  We'll see.  I am not an advocate of chasing this guy -- I would much rather get Schaub if he is available and realistic.  Otherwise, bring the best of what's left into camp and throw them in a pit (don't necessarily take that as a Vick endorsement).   :-)

The other thing is, a lot of these guys -- like Kolb, Flynn, and the ilk, have already had their backup-cum-starter moments and contracts.  They are back down to earth now.  

Archived