2014 Will Be Jeter's Last Season

CrazyCarl40

Ugh. Another retirement tour. I wish the Yankees wouldnt do this. I highly doubt this is what Jeter wants to.

FWIW...One of the members of the Lebatard show said the avg ticket price for the final Yankee home stand went from $340 to over $1000.

Like with Mo....good.  About dam time.

Sad to see him go as it marks the end of an era. Him and Mo were the first players on one of my favorite teams that I saw from rookie year to retirement that are first ballot HOFers and champions.

Just means I'm old.

Thanks for all the great memories ina great career.

Sad to see him go as it marks the end of an era. Him and Mo were the first players on one of my favorite teams that I saw from rookie year to retirement that are first ballot HOFers and champions.

Just means I'm old.

Thanks for all the great memories ina great career.

What did I do? 

Only half?  There goes his chance at being the first unanimous Hall of Famer.

Picture a green field in upstate New York on a fine summer day with a pharmacist dispensing valtrex right next to the beer vendor.And lots of Rachel Uchitel types and Rachel herself giving the media stirring tales of their one night of passion with "gets past a diving" and the gift basket and comped black car cab ride the next day.

Same here. What's sad is I thought he might have a shot at 4000 hits but the injury put that dream to rest and I think Jeter realizes that as well.

Jeter could have hit 4,000.  But making the world a better place is more important to him.  So he will move on after this season.  :)

Archived