ESPN NY - Jets could check in on Matt Schaub

Gastineau Lives

Uh its a very very very deep QB class in the draft. damn near 10 qb's in this draft are better than scrub azz.

This is a terrible draft class for QBs. There's only one guy to reasonably get excited about - Bridgewater - while the rest are going to be overdrafted because there are so many teams at the top of this draft desperate for a QB.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be a good signing if the price is right!

I absolutely agree with this. Schaub has been a probowl-type QB in this league disregarding this past season. 

There's no need to even go through his stats. Dude is a beast imo and if we can get him we should. Someone asked me my position on picking up Matt Cassel and I was totally in disagreement. I was asked "then what do I suggest". I said the draft. Well I've changed my answer. If we're able to get Schaub on this football team not only will we have a winner in this league but a person that Geno can lean on as well. 2013 is not a concern for me at all. this guy has produced in this league for 5 years prior to this past season. 

Rex is like an elephant. He has a great memory. He remembers how Vick humiliated the Jets D.  Rex will be all in on signing Vick. He would fit right in since he knows Marty's system.  He would easily beat out scrub azz Eugene.  But I just cant deal with the dog thing hangin.  Just to much of a bad taste for me.  Sign Shaub although he sucks.  Draft a QB in round 2 - hopefully Garrapolo who can sit a year behind Shaub.  Garrapolo will easily beat out Smith who could then be cut in 2015.   

vick is inaccurate. and brittle, and getting old, and not real tall, and he kills dogs

Bridgewater

Bortles

Manziel

Mettenberger

Murray

McCarron

Garrapolo

Carr

Fales

Smith

Shaw

Mathews

One NFL scout told the Bengals' website that this year's top draft-eligible quarterbacks have "enough pros and cons" that they deserve to be selected around the 35th overall pick "if there wasn't such a need at the top of the draft."

In other words, the scout seemingly believes Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, and Derek Carr are all not elite franchise quarterback-type talents. We've seen it suggested previously that this year's QB class compares to 2011's, when Jake Locker (No. 8), Blaine Gabbert (10), and Christian Ponder (12) were all severely overdrafted. The Texans, Jaguars, Browns, and Raiders all need quarterbacks this year, and all draft in the top five.

TEN I TELL YA, MAYBE FOURTEEN.

One NFL scout told the Bengals' website that this year's top draft-eligible quarterbacks have "enough pros and cons" that they deserve to be selected around the 35th overall pick "if there wasn't such a need at the top of the draft."

In other words, the scout seemingly believes Teddy Bridgewater, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, and Derek Carr are all not elite franchise quarterback-type talents. We've seen it suggested previously that this year's QB class compares to 2011's, when Jake Locker (No. 8), Blaine Gabbert (10), and Christian Ponder (12) were all severely overdrafted. The Texans, Jaguars, Browns, and Raiders all need quarterbacks this year, and all draft in the top five.

TEN I TELL YA, MAYBE FOURTEEN.

Must be the same scout that told Rex and Tanny to move up to #5 and grab a USC QB. Genious.

Archived