The Curse of the Black Pearl - Mafia - game over

Leelou

Enjoy it while it lasts man, they grow up way too fast, and they're so much fun at that age. I was lucky enough to have two, but I lost my boy last year to lukemia. Don't take it for granted and relish every minute.

omg, I'm so sorry man. I can't imagine

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a consipiracy theorist but I can't believe with the countless millions spent and the incredibly smart men and women conducting research that more hasn't been done to find a cure.  It makes you wonder if those who profit from the treatment have done things to railroad those close to a cure.  It's a pretty morbid thought but this is a morbid world.

I vaguely remember reading an article where a Dr had found a cure, or something close to it, but was being blackballed for some ungodly reason.

Cancer will be cured eventually, the problem is that each form of cancer is different and finding a one size fits all cure is impossible at this point. Most cancers are manageable if caught soon enough, the problem is that catching it soon enough is so difficult because by the time you have symptoms it's spread too far.

If there was a secret cure for cancer, Steve Jobs would still be alive.

I'm not a consipiracy theorist but I can't believe with the countless millions spent and the incredibly smart men and women conducting research that more hasn't been done to find a cure.  It makes you wonder if those who profit from the treatment have done things to railroad those close to a cure.  It's a pretty morbid thought but this is a morbid world.

I vaguely remember reading an article where a Dr had found a cure, or something close to it, but was being blackballed for some ungodly reason.

Yeah, I work at a Contract Research Org in Pharmaceuticals, and I can only hope that there is zero truth to the idea that, because there is more money to be made in treatment than cures, that anything shady is going on.

Since cancer touches nearly all of us, I have to hope that the people with the power to do so truly are doing everything within their power to try to eradicate cancer.  

The best methods might be ones that start with the brain.  Only recently have scientists started looking at stimulating the thalamus to prevent cancer before it develops.

I hear you, man.  

I remember reading the same thing re: HIV.  I read an article in undergrad that they'd figured it out in Norway or somewhere to that effect.

Aaaaaaand we've jumped the shark.

As far as HIV goes, as early as 1984 they found people who could contract the virus, but were perfectly healthy after being exposed. One of the cases they were studying was a set of twins. They were both exposed to HIV and only one contracted the virus. There were slight differences in their blood, more specifically in the white blood cells. I believe they are testing vaccines and getting closer to releasing a vaccine.

I was a juggernaut -- would have killed either of you.

**i may be wrong, Leelou can correct me if I am

I wasnt dying I had the coin.  LOL

I could kill any one regardless of the coin/doc protect/BPV

AVM is correct, his shot could shoot through anything. The coin was for the vig shots and NKs.

Archived