Is Blake Bortles the best Qb in the draft?

JollyGreen

Been saying it for a while, but I don't particularly like this draft, it reminds me of 2011 without Cam Newton.  I don't doubt that four or so of these guys will be drafted in the first round, I just wouldn't want to be the team having to do it. I know it's not the popular opinion, but outside of Teddy, I'm not seeing anyone I'm rating and drafting that much higher than Geno in the 2nd round last year.

If I'm Houston, I go chalk and take Clowney, I just would not want to draft any of these guys with the first overall.  I'd wait for the 3rd-5th rounds and grab someone you can have sit for a year like Mettenberger (my favorite QB), Fales or Garapolo. 

In my opinion he is, I think he has the highest ceiling out of the top 3.

Im not sure about that one. From what I've heard Bridgewater has full control of the offense the way a Peyton manning would. If his understanding of concepts is anywhere near Manning he will not only have the highest ceiling but could be one of the once in a generation type guys. And I hear that his accuracy is top notch as well. 

Been saying it for a while, but I don't particularly like this draft, it reminds me of 2011 without Cam Newton.  I don't doubt that four or so of these guys will be drafted in the first round, I just wouldn't want to be the team having to do it. I know it's not the popular opinion, but outside of Teddy, I'm not seeing anyone I'm rating and drafting that much higher than Geno in the 2nd round last year.

If I'm Houston, I go chalk and take Clowney, I just would not want to draft any of these guys with the first overall.  I'd wait for the 3rd-5th rounds and grab someone you can have sit for a year like Mettenberger (my favorite QB), Fales or Garapolo.

That's what they said about last years draft, Smith, Manuel, Glennon etc., and now we are saying it about this draft.

And don't tell me, when we get to 2015, we will be downgrading Winston, Mariota, Hundley etc, and saying wait untl 2016?

Sheesh, do we have to make excuses EVERY year so we don't have to (heaven forbid) RISK trading up or taking a QB in the 1st round? Has the Sanchez pick scared us off that much.

Please let me know WHAT YEAR we can actually draft? a 1st round QB

That's what they said about last years draft, Smith, Manuel, Glennon etc., and now we are saying it about this draft.

And don't tell me, when we get to 2015, we will be downgrading Winston, Mariota, Hundley etc, and saying wait untl 2016?

Sheesh, do we have to make excuses EVERY year so we don't have to (heaven forbid) RISK trading up or taking a QB in the 1st round? Has the Sanchez pick scared us off that much.

Please let me know WHAT YEAR we can actually draft? a 1st round QB

Question, do you think Tennessee, Jacksonville and Minnesota would draft Locker, Gabbert and Ponder all in the top 15 again? Or wait and try to snag Dalton and Kaepernick in the second?  If anything, you'd think we'd learn that drafting for need is not the formula for success.  

Question, do you think Tennessee, Jacksonville and Minnesota would draft Locker, Gabbert and Ponder all in the top 15 again? Or wait and try to snag Dalton and Kaepernick in the second?  If anything, you'd think we'd learn that drafting for need is not the formula for success.

Obviously not, so when you screw up, then you just forget about taking a QB early? Exactly the WRONG approach, especially with the new rookie salary caps. Now, if anything, you can draft one every year until you get it right and discard the one that was a flop.

The Jets organization made a huge mistake with Sanchez, and then compounded but the organization and its fans need to just get over that and try again. Sure, we got a guy that plummeted, and obviously, he plummeted for all the reasons we saw this year, and he proved he's not franchise material, so the Jets should simply try again. They have tons of pick and can afford to try again. And if this dude fails, then try again, but running scared will give us what we have had the past 3 or so years, MEDIOCRITY.

Obviously not, so when you screw up, then you just forget about taking a QB early? Exactly the WRONG approach, especially with the new rookie salary caps. Now, if anything, you can draft one every year until you get it right and discard the one that was a flop.

The Jets organization made a huge mistake with Sanchez, and then compounded but the organization and its fans need to just get over that and try again. Sure, we got a guy that plummeted, and obviously, he plummeted for all the reasons we saw this year, and he proved he's not franchise material, so the Jets should simply try again. They have tons of pick and can afford to try again. And if this dude fails, then try again, but running scared will give us what we have had the past 3 or so years, MEDIOCRITY.

The idea is not to be scared, it's to learn from your mistakes and not draft a QB ahead of BPA just because you need one.  And that's where we differ, I don't particularly care for any of the QBs that are being discussed as first round potential, whereas you do.

Archived