Geno Working Out Down at IMG Academy

BroadwayJoe12

We shall see, but if what I am predicting comes true, then we will have wasted another year, and if we finish our usual 7-9,8-8,9-7, and are drafting 16-18, and I am advocating for trading the FARM (like this year to get Manziel), will I be bombarded with the same rhetoric next year as this year, in that "Oh, we cant trade 2 #1s and a #2 to trade up to get WINSTON. I sure hope not.

Yeah. You're a visionary ahead of his time. 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It helps to have someone check your mechanics.  What makes a QB great is what he decides to do in the heat of the action.  Weinke cannot help him with that, unless he wants to tell him " Do what I did not do.". But  I think Geno is doing a good thing.  Get those repetitions, make your mechanics automatic.

How is Narwrocki a troll? Because he called Cam a phony?

What's his troll this season?

Go back and read his scouts. The guy is better than pretty much all of the other talking heads. His Coples and Milliner scout are as on target as you can get.

I'm not saying his scouting isn't adequate, it's the extra bits of information that he writes clearly to drum up his name in conversation.  You don't say "Cam has a fake smile," without every having met the guy and expect people to take you seriously. 

"Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable." Nawrocki

Appearing on the Dan Patrick Show Monday, Cam Newton said he's "absolutely not" considering a holdout heading into the final year of his rookie contract."Being the leader of this team, I don’t think that would be a good look for me," Newton said. "I’m not worried about contract discussions right now. My main focus is just becoming the better player I can become."

This is the same Newton who Nawrocki blasted for his leadership and maturity going into the 2011 draft. Like I said, some of what he writes is accurate, but when he writes them he's doing so to get his name out there.

What if we do and manziel sucks?

What if we don't and geno is good or great?

I mean it's all guessing but I know on a team lacking receivers we were 1 WIN away from the playoffs and some talented pass catchers make us better regardless.

If Manziel sucks, then you TRY AGAIN ,as I have said many times. Again, because we are gun shy means we should never try. Until we get a REAL QB, we are destined to Mediocrity. Geno was LAST in QBR, we already know. Oh yeah, that's right, he had no weapons. Damn , I keep forgetting that.

While I get what you are saying, you have to realize that around here you're going to get nothing but an eye roll and a brush off when you pat yourself on the back over and over again while proclaiming Geno's failures.  Predicting the awfulness of a Jets QB isn't some brilliant analysis, it's usually about as sure-money of a bet as you could make in the NFL.  Sad, but true.  Sure, you still have the same folks who will endlessly defend them all no matter how awful they are, but the truth is that's not the majority of people around here.  If anything, given that it's only one year in, you have people who are cautiously hopeful that Geno gets his crap together so that we don't have to continue to go through this whole song and dance.  And keep in mind, while you seem to be convinced that Manziel is destined for greatness, there's plenty of others who think he's not much more than a rich-man's Tebow, which is why they'd rather hope Geno can get his sh*t together than spending lots more picks on a guy they think is no more likely to be this team's long-term answer.  Fair or not, the (relatively) limited investment that went into a pick like Geno tends to make it all a little easier for the masses to deal with when it doesn't work out.

Keep in mind that QB is also probably the one position you'll have more disagreement over than any other out there.  You've clearly taken some very strong stances regarding a number of QBs both past and present, but amongst all of the generally critical positions you've taken, you still put up on a pedestal a guy in Chad Pennington who is despised by a number of folks on this board.  The point being that if you can't get agreement on a guy who spent as many years on this team as he did, you sure as hell cannot realistically expect to get it on a guy one year into his career, or another who hasn't even stepped foot into the league.  I think everyone would agree that the Jets need to keep trying to address the QB position until they finally find the right answer, but the real difference is the disagreement in how to best do that.

Very well stated. I agree 100% with this post.

Interpret it anyway you like. I just want a REAL QB after 45 years, or is that asking too much?

We get it, you've sufficiently beaten this "real QB" desire to death. There is not a single Jet fan that doesn't want a championship winning QB, but there's absolutely nothing any of us can do to deliver one for you between Tuesday and Wednesday of any given week in February... so maybe... say it less often.

:P

We get it, you've sufficiently beaten this "real QB" desire to death. There is not a single Jet fan that doesn't want a championship winning QB, but there's absolutely nothing any of us can do to deliver one for you between Tuesday and Wednesday of any given week in February... so maybe... say it less often.

:tongue:

Damn, and all this time I though JETNATION could wrap us up a great QB, and deliver him to Florham Park. Oh well, maybe Idzik can deliver one in May, right?

Next year is a long way away. This year, it would be incredibly reckless to trade the farm for a 5'10" sand lot QB. This is a deep draft. Good year to make a lot of picks, rather than trade away a lot of picks. One of those picks will be a QB. I'll be surprised if they don't take one in the first three rounds.

Agreed.

Interpret it anyway you like. I just want a REAL QB after 45 years, or is that asking too much?

I do to and no it's not.  I just prefer to allow our first year QB a little bit of slack based on what I saw from him at the end of last year.  I find it silly to insist any of the QB's in the draft this year will be that much better than him before they take an NFL snap.  Andrew Luck is the only one I have seen since Peyton that seemed that much of a lock. 

I'm not saying his scouting isn't adequate, it's the extra bits of information that he writes clearly to drum up his name in conversation.  You don't say "Cam has a fake smile," without every having met the guy and expect people to take you seriously. 

"Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable." Nawrocki

Appearing on the Dan Patrick Show Monday, Cam Newton said he's "absolutely not" considering a holdout heading into the final year of his rookie contract."Being the leader of this team, I don’t think that would be a good look for me," Newton said. "I’m not worried about contract discussions right now. My main focus is just becoming the better player I can become."

This is the same Newton who Nawrocki blasted for his leadership and maturity going into the 2011 draft. Like I said, some of what he writes is accurate, but when he writes them he's doing so to get his name out there.

You'd be right if people didnt take Nawrocki seriously, but they do. NFL teams especially. If you think Nawrocki pulled the fake smile thing out of thin air you're deluding yourself- his information is funneled to him directly from personnel guys who work in the league. Nawrocki's write up on Clausen was pretty much verbatim to Cam's. Where's your outrage?

Nawrocki's scout blasted Newton going into the draft. It's not taking into account the potential for him to mature- the word at the time was he was immature(which nobody doubts). He never doubted Cam's talent and he predicted him to go first overall in the draft.

I dont see the point into getting emotional over someone's scout write-up. It's exactly what NFL teams use. If it bothers you so much just ignore it.

Next year is a long way away. This year, it would be incredibly reckless to trade the farm for a 5'10" sand lot QB. This is a deep draft. Good year to make a lot of picks, rather than trade away a lot of picks. One of those picks will be a QB. I'll be surprised if they don't take one in the first three rounds.

All the more reason to trade up as you stated "this is a deep draft" . The jets have 12 picks, risking 2 to get a FRANCHISE QB in a draft, you yourself stated was deep is of no consequence when you have TEN other picks in a very deep draft AS YOU STATED. If its deep, and the Jets have to give a #2, trade #1's etc, then they would still have 10 picks for rounds 3-7 (where SEATTLE has proven you can get rich), in a very deep draft. Thanks for making my points for me.

I do to and no it's not.  I just prefer to allow our first year QB a little bit of slack based on what I saw from him at the end of last year.  I find it silly to insist any of the QB's in the draft this year will be that much better than him before they take an NFL snap.  Andrew Luck is the only one I have seen since Peyton that seemed that much of a lock.

How much SLACK?

How much SLACK?

Not sure really.  I do like the fact he is going out and trying to become better.  Regardless of where he is choosing to do it.  I would bring in a Vet that could actually play if he had to and draft someone late or that drops to us creating an ACTUAL training comp competition.  Unlike bringing lame ducks and old broken down men like they did with Sanchez. 

To just quit on Geno without a viable replacement is silly.

Not sure really.  I do like the fact he is going out and trying to become better.  Regardless of where he is choosing to do it.  I would bring in a Vet that could actually play if he had to and draft someone late or that drops to us creating an ACTUAL training comp competition.  Unlike bringing lame ducks and old broken down men like they did with Sanchez. 

To just quit on Geno without a viable replacement is silly.

If they don't trade up for a QB in the draft, then I agree with this scenario 100%. However, I prefer VICK as my veteran, and many people are against Mike Vick. Are you?

If they don't trade up for a QB in the draft, then I agree with this scenario 100%. However, I prefer VICK as my veteran, and many people are against Mike Vick. Are you?

He looks pretty spent to be honest.  I just don;t want a guy that can;t go in and play if he has to.  I don;t see us trading up for a QB from the spot we are in./  No way Idzik "Ditka's" his second draft.  Plus nobody looks nearly as a sure thing as Luck. 

You'd be right if people didnt take Nawrocki seriously, but they do. NFL teams especially. If you think Nawrocki pulled the fake smile thing out of thin air you're deluding yourself- his information is funneled to him directly from personnel guys who work in the league. Nawrocki's write up on Clausen was pretty much verbatim to Cam's. Where's your outrage?

Nawrocki's scout blasted Newton going into the draft. It's not taking into account the potential for him to mature- the word at the time was he was immature(which nobody doubts). He never doubted Cam's talent and he predicted him to go first overall in the draft.

I dont see the point into getting emotional over someone's scout write-up. It's exactly what NFL teams use. If it bothers you so much just ignore it.

The problem with Nawrocki and specifically his assessments of Newton and Smith are that not a single person went on the record backing him up.  

The problem with Nawrocki and specifically his assessments of Newton and Smith are that not a single person went on the record backing him up.  

Geno dropped like a ton of bricks. Nawrocki predicted Cam would go first overall- he never doubted his talent. And Geno, for the most part, stunk in 2013.

And Mayock did speak out publicly. 

All the more reason to trade up as you stated "this is a deep draft" . The jets have 12 picks, risking 2 to get a FRANCHISE QB in a draft, you yourself stated was deep is of no consequence when you have TEN other picks in a very deep draft AS YOU STATED. If its deep, and the Jets have to give a #2, trade #1's etc, then they would still have 10 picks for rounds 3-7 (where SEATTLE has proven you can get rich), in a very deep draft. Thanks for making my points for me.

None of the QBs coming out are worth the package required. None of them is a guaranteed franchise QB.

In a deep draft, you want multiple picks in the meat of the draft. You don't want to trade multiple top 50 or 100 picks, you want to compile them. I'd much rather the Jets use their four picks in the first three rounds and come away with a few potential starters, than to trade away three of them and bust out on any of these QBs. The Jets are in the process of rebuilding, and need a lot more than just a QB.

Yeah, but there were absolutely no attitude or work ethic issues like Nawrocki claimed. 

He did get kicked off of an airplane resulting in Idzik speaking out. As far as the scout goes- Geno turned teams off in his meetings, which is a fact. Its a big reason he fell. There's nothing in Nawrocki's scout that was out of line if you're specifically looking at it for football reasons.

None of the QBs coming out are worth the package required. None of them is a guaranteed franchise QB.

In a deep draft, you want multiple picks in the meat of the draft. You don't want to trade multiple top 50 or 100 picks, you want to compile them. I'd much rather the Jets use their four picks in the first three rounds and come away with a few potential starters, than to trade away three of them and bust out on any of these QBs. The Jets are in the process of rebuilding, and need a lot more than just a QB.

Depends, I think Bridgewater is worth moving up for if he drops to the lower end of the top ten, at that point it's a low risk/cost move.

He did get kicked off of an airplane resulting in Idzik speaking out. As far as the scout goes- Geno turned teams off in his meetings, which is a fact. Its a big reason he fell. There's nothing in Nawrocki's scout that was out of line if you're specifically looking at it for football reasons.

Yeah... that ended with the airline issuing a public apology to Smith. 

All valid points. Onviously, their are 2 schools of thought on how to "rebuild" the Jets. It is quite clear that Idzik prefers your ideas on lots of draft picks and surrounding Geno with as much talent as possible. The only problem obviously with this plan is if Geno goes "Sanchezilitis" on us.

Look, I realize that our so called "weapons" are not a bunch of all-pro's and should help, BUT if Geno busts out again, and we have no backup plan, then we are again, like the Sanchez debacle, setting this franchise back at least another 2 years. Lets hope not, but you have to admit it is possible.

All valid points. Onviously, their are 2 schools of thought on how to "rebuild" the Jets. It is quite clear that Idzik prefers your ideas on lots of draft picks and surrounding Geno with as much talent as possible. The only problem obviously with this plan is if Geno goes "Sanchezilitis" on us.

Look, I realize that our so called "weapons" are not a bunch of all-pro's and should help, BUT if Geno busts out again, and we have no backup plan, then we are again, like the Sanchez debacle, setting this franchise back at least another 2 years. Lets hope not, but you have to admit it is possible.

How is this "quite clear?" 

Depends, I think Bridgewater is worth moving up for if he drops to the lower end of the top ten, at that point it's a low risk/cost move.

I agree, Bridgewater is definitely worth moving up for. Him and Manziel would be the only 2 in this draft, I would make a move for. I am not sold on Bortles but if he dropped and they took him fine, but I wouldn't make a move for him, but Teddy? Absolutely.

The Jets also have cap space, assuming they cut Sanchez, to obtain enough players in FA to not rely on all those picks.

Archived