Villain's "Pre-Combine" Mock Draft 2.0 (2014)

Villain The Foe

Here we go again. Lets get right to it. 

R1, 18th pick: Trade to SF 49ers for their 30th & 61st picks (49ers drafts either Ebron or top CB available)

R1, 30th pick: WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt. 112 rec. 1477 Yds, 7 TD's 

R2, 49th pick: TE Austin-Seferian Jenkins, Washington. 36 rec. 450 Yds, 8 TD's 

R2, 61st pick: S Deone Bucannon, Washington State. 85 Tak, 5 INTs 

R3, 69th Pick: OG Cyril Richardson, Baylor

R3, 80th Pick: CB E.J. Gaines, Missouri. 5 Int's, 3 PD

R4, 111th Pick: WR Robert Herron, Wyoming

R4, S/OLB Dion Bailey, USC. 61 Tak, 5 Int's (Trade away 142nd, 179th & next years 7th rd picks to trade back into the 4th rd) 

R7, 210th Pick: ILB Shawn Jackson, Tulsa. 124 Tak, 5 INT's, 5.5 Sacks. 

Compensatory Picks

Rd. 5 RB D'Anthony Thomas, Oregon. 96 Att. 594 Rush Yds, 6.1 avg. 8 TD's, 22 catches, 246 yards, 1 TD

Rd. 6 TE Colt Lyerla, Oregon 

Rd. 6 QB Brett Smith, Wyoming, 3375 Yds, 29 TD's, 11 Int's

Rd. 6 OLB/ILB Carlos Fields Jr, WInston-Salem State (came across this guy from Football Gameplan on youtube. Looks promising)

In case you were wondering, this was my original mock draft 1.0. 

R1, 18th pick: TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina.  62 rec. 973 yds,  3 TD's

R2, 49th pick: WR Davante Adams, Fresno State. 131 rec. 1718 Yds, 24 TD's

R3, 69th Pick: OG Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State. 

R3, 80th Pick: S Deone Bucannon, Washington State. 85 Tak, 5 INTs 

R4, 111th Pick: QB Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois. 375 completions, 66% comp percentage, 5050 yds, 53 TD's, 9 Int's.

R5, 142nd Pick: OLB Denicos Allen, Michigan State. 83 Tak, 5.5 Sacks 

R6, 179th Pick: WR Cody Hoffman, BYU. 57 rec. 894 yds, 5TD's. 

R1, 18th pick: Trade to SF 49ers for their 30th & 61st picks (49ers drafts either Ebron or top CB available)

R2, 49th pick: TE Austin-Seferian Jenkins, Washington. 36 rec. 450 Yds, 8 TD's

R2, 61st pick: S Deone Bucannon, Washington State. 85 Tak, 5 INTs

R4, S/OLB Dion Bailey, USC. 61 Tak, 5 Int's (Trade away 142nd, 179th & next years 7th rd picks to trade back into the 4th rd)

Compensatory Picks

Rd. 5 RB D'Anthony Thomas, Oregon. 96 Att. 594 Rush Yds, 6.1 avg. 8 TD's, 22 catches, 246 yards, 1 TD

Rd. 6 OLB/ILB Carlos Fields Jr, WInston-Salem State (came across this guy from Football Gameplan on youtube. Looks promising)

R1, 18th pick: TE Eric Ebron, North Carolina. 62 rec. 973 yds, 3 TD's

R4, 111th Pick: QB Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois. 375 completions, 66% comp percentage, 5050 yds, 53 TD's, 9 Int's.

I doubt the 49ers trade down for him but I love it all, wouldn't ask for anything else except robinson over matthews but I still love the matthews pick.

R4, S/OLB Dion Bailey, USC. 61 Tak, 5 Int's (Trade away 142nd, 179th & next years 7th rd picks to trade back into the 4th rd) 

Compensatory Picks

Rd. 6 OLB/ILB Carlos Fields Jr, WInston-Salem State (came across this guy from Football Gameplan on youtube. Looks promising)

Really like a lot of this and had same idea of trading #18 to SF but I am really crazy about CB Denard at #18 IF HE'S THERE. 

Rest of this is well thought out but would like to see something more like this. 

R3, 69th Pick: QB Garrapolo r

R3, 80th Pick: WR Aberderris

Rd. 5 RB D'Anthony Thomas, Oregon

RD. 5 OG Cyril Richardson, Baylor

R7, 210th Pick: ILB Shawn Jackson, Tulsa. 124 Tak, 5 INT's, 5.5 Sacks

Why do the 49ers want Ebron?

No idea but I could see them wanting dennard or the chiefs wanting ebron, since he's like a vernon davis alex smith could be more of a threatening passer. Or carolina wanting Lee, maybe the jaguars give up a future 1st and a bundle of this year picks to get a Lee or a derek carr if they take clowny at 3.

Compensatory Picks

I like most of it, although I don't think Smith will slip to Rd.6. He's been projected to go as high as 2nd-3rd round. I think he will be more of the 3-5 range. Obviously, the combine snub didn't help his stock at all but we'll see how it shakes out. I think you could wait until 7th for Lyerla, but overall I say good picks and value.

Why do the 49ers want Ebron?

Because the 49ers need a WR target and though Ebron isnt a WR he is a 6'3 250 TE who can beat LB's and block out slot CB's and safety's. he has a huge catch radius, runs very good routes and catches the ball from his body with nice YAC.

If the 49ers are looking for a classical all around TE who can block very well then Ebron isnt their man, but Marquees Lee may still be on the board at that time. Ebron, Davis, Crabtree and another WR on the field at the same time with Lattimore in the backfield would be ridiculous. 

Or they could pick up a CB in case one of the top names fall. Someone is bound to fall to the late teens. It happens every year. Anyway, thats my case for Ebron to the 49ers. They dont need him, but they do need a pass catcher, and if the WR position is as deep as we think then why not pick up a quality WR in the 2nd round while taking the best pass catching TE in the draft at 18? The 49ers dont need much anyway. 

Because the 49ers need a WR target and though Ebron isnt a WR he is a 6'3 250 TE who can beat LB's and block out slot CB's and safety's. he has a huge catch radius, runs very good routes and catches the ball from his body with nice YAC.

If the 49ers are looking for a classical all around TE who can block very well then Ebron isnt their man, but Marquees Lee may still be on the board at that time. Ebron, Davis, Crabtree and another WR on the field at the same time with Lattimore in the backfield would be ridiculous. 

Or they could pick up a CB in case one of the top names fall. Someone is bound to fall to the late teens. It happens every year. Anyway, thats my case for Ebron to the 49ers. They dont need him, but they do need a pass catcher, and if the WR position is as deep as we think then why not pick up a quality WR in the 2nd round while taking the best pass catching TE in the draft at 18? The 49ers dont need much anyway. 

Vernon Davis?  If the Niners "need a pass catcher" and the draft is so deep in WRs why not just wait?  The logic you apply for the Jets moving down also applies for the Niners.  Their FO does not seem particularly stupid either.  

Vernon Davis?  If the Niners "need a pass catcher" and the draft is so deep in WRs why not just wait?  The logic you apply for the Jets moving down also applies for the Niners.  Their FO does not seem particularly stupid either.  

Its not like they dont have Crabtree and Boldin. Adding Ebron along with Davis and getting that WR in the second round (of this deep draft) will allow them to wait to get that WR while picking up the best TE in the draft or even getting a top CB which is also a need. Im not saying that their FO is stupid, im just saying that the 49ers have multiple options that they could consider at the 18th spot be it at WR, CB, TE with the ability to get the top TE and arguably the top CB at that spot. 

Predicting big things for Marcus Lattimore? 

Its not like they dont have Crabtree and Boldin. Adding Ebron along with Davis and getting that WR in the second round (of this deep draft) will allow them to wait to get that WR while picking up the best TE in the draft or even getting a top CB which is also a need. Im not saying that their FO is stupid, im just saying that the 49ers have multiple options that they could consider at the 18th spot be it at WR, CB, TE with the ability to get the top TE and arguably the top CB at that spot. 

I thought they were trading us their 2nd to move up for Ebron? 

Predicting big things for Marcus Lattimore? 

yeah man! The 49ers picking him up like that only solidified my positive feeling for their coach and organization. If Lattimore is 100% they basically picked up a top 5 overall draft talent in the what, 4th round? They were in the perfect position to do so as well as they already had the talent to risk a 4th rounder. The Jets are trying to get their 4th rounder to contribute immediately. 

Yes, I expect big things for Mr. Lattimore. 

I thought they were trading us their 2nd to move up for Ebron? 

If im not mistaken the 49ers own both the 56th pick and 61st pick in the draft. Both 2nd rounders. They got the 56th from the Chiefs for Alex Smith. 

Now looking at what I said earlier, it doesnt seem so crazy. The 49ers can move to 18, Jets go to 30, 49ers keep their 56 for that WR (if they decide to go Ebron or CB with the 18th) and the Jets get their 61st. The 49ers will basically give up a mid-late 2nd rounder to move up 12 spots in the 1st round, most of all, it will work out for both parties especially if the Jets believe that Matthews will be there and the 49ers feel the need to get one of the Top TE's or CB's in the entire draft. And of course the Jets can use pick 61 for Deone Bucannon. Dudes an animal. 

Really like a lot of this and had same idea of trading #18 to SF but I am really crazy about CB Denard at #18 IF HE'S THERE. 

Rest of this is well thought out but would like to see something more like this. 

R3, 69th Pick: QB Garrapolo r

R3, 80th Pick: WR Aberderris

Rd. 5 RB D'Anthony Thomas, Oregon

RD. 5 OG Cyril Richardson, Baylor

R7, 210th Pick: ILB Shawn Jackson, Tulsa. 124 Tak, 5 INT's, 5.5 Sacks

I'd be content with this outside of Aberderris. Not to high on this kid. I guess it depends on what we do in FA. If we're going into next season with our highest drafted WR being him we better had picked up some legit guys in FA. Also, I had Cyril Richardson off the board in the 3rd. What gives you the feeling that he'll fall to the 5th? I've checked out this guys snaps and I see two things consistently. #1 when he gets his hands on you, you're done for the rest of the play. #2. when he pushes you back you're going for the ride. he is a bit slow, but is still quick enough to pull. And I've seen him get to the 2nd level and successfuly put hands on LB's. 

If this kid falls to the 5th round the 31 other teams who didnt snatch him up just arent dong their job. The only other players I feel more highly for is Bucannon, Shawn Jackson and Mathhews. Richardson looks to me like a day one starter. 

yeah man! The 49ers picking him up like that only solidified my positive feeling for their coach and organization. If Lattimore is 100% they basically picked up a top 5 overall draft talent in the what, 4th round? They were in the perfect position to do so as well as they already had the talent to risk a 4th rounder. The Jets are trying to get their 4th rounder to contribute immediately. 

Yes, I expect big things for Mr. Lattimore. 

Sat the year on IR with a slim possiblity to make a full recovery, he's about 4 RB's deep on the depth chart...you're making some serious offseason claims, my friend.

Sat the year on IR with a slim possiblity to make a full recovery, he's about 4 RB's deep on the depth chart...you're making some serious offseason claims, my friend.

what claim did I make, that I expect big things from Lattimore? Thats not a claim, thats an expectation....the same expectation I assume the 49ers had when they drafted him. 

Whats the claim again? I must have missed it. 

He's is raved about for his work ethic.  If I recall correctly, was able to run fully in their off-program (straight line stuff).   The Niners stashed him on IR so other teams couldn't grab him; the same thing with Tank Carridine.

His talent is top-5, his character is top-notch...and honestly, I wish we had did the same thing.  

He's is raved about for his work ethic.  If I recall correctly, was able to run fully in their off-program (straight line stuff).   The Niners stashed him on IR so other teams couldn't grab him; the same thing with Tank Carridine.

His talent is top-5, his character is top-notch...and honestly, I wish we had did the same thing.  

Exactly. This is why I said earlier that the move made me respect the coach and 49er organization even more. Lattimore would have most likely went in the 1st round if he didnt get injured. 

Can Bailey or Bucannon play FS? from what i've read, they're both listed as SS. Thought we needed more FS help? Love the rest of the picks though!

I have Bucannon as a SS and Bailey as a FS from CBSsports.com 

Overall though we need safety help in general. We need a FS who can consistently cover the top of the defense and we need a SS who can deal with these new breed of tight ends entering the league as well as contributing to the running game. This is why I like Bailey so much, he's a Safety/Linebacker hybrid yet is listed as a FS. He sounds like the type of Safety needed to deal with the new generation TE man coverage and the run. 

I really hope we can trade back in the 1st rd and pick up Matthews. If we can get two 2nd, 3rd, 5th & 6th rounders we could really do damage if this draft is as deep as the NFL thinks it is. 

I'd be content with this outside of Aberderris. Not to high on this kid. I guess it depends on what we do in FA. If we're going into next season with our highest drafted WR being him we better had picked up some legit guys in FA. Also, I had Cyril Richardson off the board in the 3rd. What gives you the feeling that he'll fall to the 5th? I've checked out this guys snaps and I see two things consistently. #1 when he gets his hands on you, you're done for the rest of the play. #2. when he pushes you back you're going for the ride. he is a bit slow, but is still quick enough to pull. And I've seen him get to the 2nd level and successfuly put hands on LB's. 

If this kid falls to the 5th round the 31 other teams who didnt snatch him up just arent dong their job. The only other players I feel more highly for is Bucannon, Shawn Jackson and Mathhews. Richardson looks to me like a day one starter. 

Wow if what you say about Buchanan is legit, it would be ideal to grab him. As for Cyril Richardson, he was dogged in the Senior Bowl and has fallen back as a result of his poor showing. Yet, you are probably right that he goes somewhere around round 3.  Don't sleep on Abreddaris. Kid is lightning fast, great route runner.  I think he is going to surprise many. 

Archived