•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Villain's "Pre-Combine" Mock Draft 2.0 (2014)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 jetfan718

jetfan718

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:41 AM

Can Bailey or Bucannon play FS? from what i've read, they're both listed as SS. Thought we needed more FS help? Love the rest of the picks though!

#27 Villain The Foe

Villain The Foe

6 Years Is Enough. Time To Fire Rex

• Members
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

Can Bailey or Bucannon play FS? from what i've read, they're both listed as SS. Thought we needed more FS help? Love the rest of the picks though!

I have Bucannon as a SS and Bailey as a FS from CBSsports.com 

Overall though we need safety help in general. We need a FS who can consistently cover the top of the defense and we need a SS who can deal with these new breed of tight ends entering the league as well as contributing to the running game. This is why I like Bailey so much, he's a Safety/Linebacker hybrid yet is listed as a FS. He sounds like the type of Safety needed to deal with the new generation TE man coverage and the run. 

I really hope we can trade back in the 1st rd and pick up Matthews. If we can get two 2nd, 3rd, 5th & 6th rounders we could really do damage if this draft is as deep as the NFL thinks it is. 

Edited by Villain The Foe, 23 February 2014 - 01:34 AM.

NYJetsScript.gif

#28 ozzieny

ozzieny

ewe gene

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:34 AM

I'd be content with this outside of Aberderris. Not to high on this kid. I guess it depends on what we do in FA. If we're going into next season with our highest drafted WR being him we better had picked up some legit guys in FA. Also, I had Cyril Richardson off the board in the 3rd. What gives you the feeling that he'll fall to the 5th? I've checked out this guys snaps and I see two things consistently. #1 when he gets his hands on you, you're done for the rest of the play. #2. when he pushes you back you're going for the ride. he is a bit slow, but is still quick enough to pull. And I've seen him get to the 2nd level and successfuly put hands on LB's. 

If this kid falls to the 5th round the 31 other teams who didnt snatch him up just arent dong their job. The only other players I feel more highly for is Bucannon, Shawn Jackson and Mathhews. Richardson looks to me like a day one starter. 

Wow if what you say about Buchanan is legit, it would be ideal to grab him. As for Cyril Richardson, he was dogged in the Senior Bowl and has fallen back as a result of his poor showing. Yet, you are probably right that he goes somewhere around round 3.  Don't sleep on Abreddaris. Kid is lightning fast, great route runner.  I think he is going to surprise many. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users