Okay, so I'm going to do a pre-combine mock as well. I want to get one more in before the combine since the rankings will change afterwards... I'll put another one out after the combine as well.
Again, I'm doing this mock assuming we make multiple moves in and before FA i.e. cut Holmes, and Sanchez. Cutting Sanchez and Holmes alone saves us 16.55 million according to Overthecap.com. Cromartie will be a tough decision. If we cut him we eat 5.48 million, and save 9.5. That's over 26 million in cap space saved just from cutting those three, we'd have about 46 million in total. Therefore, I say we cut him too, maybe resign if we can get him for under or at market price... but I'm going to assume he gets a better deal somewhere else. I'm assuming we'll be quite busy before the draft; In that case, before my mock here is a list of some more notable moves we could make before the draft:
- cut Holmes, Sanchez, Cromartie
- re-sign Austin Howard
- give Wilkerson his extension
- franchise tag Nick Folk
- re-sign Cribbs
- re-sign Cumberland
- re-sign Douzable
- let Pace, Winslow, Reed and rest of FAs walk
- try to find a trading partner for Kenrick Ellis for a 4-6th round pick, or Stephen Hill for a 2nd-4th round pick, or both.
- sign Captain Munnerlyn to a multi-year deal about 2-3 mil a year
- sign Jairus Byrd to a one year deal 8-9 mil
- sign Tarvaris Jackson to a one year 750k-1 mil deal
- sign Jeremy Maclin to a 5-6 mil a year multi-year deal
- sign Legarette Blount to a 1-1.5 mil a year multi-year deal
- sign Zane Beadles to a one year deal 1.5-2 mil
Rd.1: Eric Ebron - TE - North Carolina
Rd.2: Gabe Jackson - OG - Mississippi State
Rd.3: Josh Gordon - WR - (Pull a repeat Idzik: Trade a 3rd and 6th rounder and next year's 6th to Cleveland for Josh Gordon)
Rd.3: Robert Herron - WR - Wyoming
Rd.4: Brett Smith - QB - Wyoming
Rd.5: Denicos Allen - OLB - Michigan State
Rd.5: Deion Belue - CB - Alabama
Rd.6: Traded to Cleveland in trade for Gordon
Rd.6: Devekeyan Lattimore - ILB - South Florida
Rd.6: Aaron Lynch - DE - South Florida
Rd.6: Storm Johnson - RB - UCF
Rd.7: Colt Lyerla - TE - Oregon
I know those are quite a few moves to make before the draft... considering we would have 46 mil in cap space though, I don't see it as too far of a stretch. I think if this was our roster next season it'd be top notch. Obviously there would be a few tweaks here and there, but overall it couldn't get much better. As usual, let me know what you guys think.
Edited by NYJetsVets91, 19 February 2014 - 05:14 AM.