Video of Ray Rice dragging unconscious gf out of AC elevator

nj meadowlands

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a vicious left hook, thrown with clearly bad intentions, that caused her head to slam against the wall of the elevator, causing her body to go limp and collapse to the floor was not worse than what you pictured? Because what you pictured was a video game. 

Ok, I'm still at a loss as to why I, a fan of a football product, should give MORE of a sh*t about said punch than:

1. The victim herself

2. The Criminal Justice System

You realize, of course, that almost everyone here is OUTRAGED and demanding swift and rightious vengeance, except for the actual person he decked (who married him, her choice) and the Courts (who did not press this the way fans are).

Kindly explain why I'm supposed to get all wargarbly about? 

I'm sorry you aren't a good communicator and are too dense to realize it—so you are blaming everyone else for "reading into things you said", rather than thinking to yourself, "wow, everyone is reacting the same way to me, maybe I might have misrepresented myself".

Just give it a rest, will you?

Ok, I'm still at a loss as to why I, a fan of a football product, should give MORE of a sh*t about said punch than:

1. The victim herself

2. The Criminal Justice System

You realize, of course, that almost everyone here is OUTRAGED and demanding swift and rightious vengeance, except for the actual person he decked (who married him, her choice) and the Courts (who did not press this the way fans are).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battered_person_syndrome

it's one thing to know Ray Rice punched out his lady. It's another to see it. 

This is all about the imagery. Ideally, none of us should be any more outraged now then we were at the time it happened. 

But we don't live in that world. In this world a crime with video taped evidence is hugely more impactful. 

it's one thing to know Ray Rice punched out his lady. It's another to see it. 

This is all about the imagery. Ideally, none of us should be any more outraged now then we were at the time it happened. 

But we don't live in that world. In this world a crime with video taped evidence is hugely more impactful. 

It's only "another thing" if you are rules by shallow emotion, and not logical and law.

Misguided outrage-by-proxy seems to be a thing.

It's only "another thing" if you are rules by shallow emotion, and not logical and law.

Misguided outrage-by-proxy seems to be a thing.

The girl came out and defended him saying she was the instigator. There is a world of difference between a girl following a dude around trying to kick his balls off and this.

Are you kidding me?

Not in the least.

Reading this forum, you'd think Rice should be strung up from the nearest tree post haste.

Rediculous and emotional overreaction.  Absolutely nothing has changed today, except for the outrage-by-proxy quotient.

Just give it a rest, will you?

Well....

Looks like i'll get to utilize this site's ignore feature for the first time.

Stop acting like a victim of people "reading into" what you said. I don't know what is difficult about saying, "I'm sorry guys, what I mean to say is..."

I think it's a shame that this had to happen only after the tape was released, because it's not like the Ravens didn't see this, but precedent is precedent so whatever.

I think Rice was cut today as much to protect the league and change the story from them lying about seeing the video as anything else. 

I think Rice was cut today as much to protect the league and change the story from them lying about seeing the video as anything else. 

I think this is the real truth here.

And to answer your question from the Game Thread("And you are?"),  I am Vin.  

Nice to meet you.  smile.gif

The whole thing is a cluster ****. Regardless, a quick shift like this on a issue like DV was bound to be messy anyways. In the end, within a half a year, the league has established that guys who beat their spouses can go do something else for a living. Certainly not the ideal process, but the end result is progress.

Not in the least.

Reading this forum, you'd think Rice should be strung up from the nearest tree post haste.

Rediculous and emotional overreaction.  Absolutely nothing has changed today, except for the outrage-by-proxy quotient.

Spell it: Ridiculous.

As in, "I think it's ridiculous that you are trying to chastise people for being "outraged" by domestic violence, but you don't for one second question the level of "outrage" we see here over dropped passes, wildcat plays and superbowl predictions."

The whole thing is a cluster ****. Regardless, a quick shift like this on a issue like DV was bound to be messy anyways. In the end, within a half a year, the league has established that guys who beat their spouses can go do something else for a living. Certainly not the ideal process, but the end result is progress.

In that regard, if you think about it, Vick(for example) was lucky to be able to get back into the league all things considering....

This.

This video was a flaming bag of nuclear dog  poop left on the doorstep of the NFL office. Rice getting cut stops the story aboiut when or if Goodell saw the video before the 2 game ban-for now. Wonder if some of the reporters like Adam Schecter who got burned are gonna name their sources who clearly misled them. 

Yes the end result is good even though forced to make the decision. Sometimes revolutions work.

In that regard, if you think about it, Vick(for example) was lucky to be able to get back into the league all things considering....

Extremely lucky. The thing about Vick is dog fighting never had a spotlight shone on it prior to him. DV is a lot different, tons of national awareness campaigns that do a very good job.

This video was a flaming bag of nuclear dog  poop left on the doorstep of the NFL office. Rice getting cut stops the story aboiut when or if Goodell saw the video before the 2 game ban-for now. Wonder if some of the reporters like Adam Schecter who got burned are gonna name their sources who clearly misled them. 

Sources are NEVER named.  

Remember a certain moron named Manish?  Yeah.

Archived