Villains 1st round Picks (All 1st round teams)

Villain The Foe

The picks are based on each teams top 3 needs (from NFL.com). No imagined trades, just a straight down the line draft from picks 1 to 32. 

1. Texans. QB Johnny Manziel- I think that Houston will appreciate his combine results as well as his in-game ability to view the field, create opportunity with his running & elusiveness as well as his accuracy on the run and in the pocket. 

2. Rams. WR Sammy Watkins- The Rams will provide the firepower needed for Bradford. If that doesnt translate to a productive season (playoffs) Bradford will be gone next year imo. 

3. Jaguars. QB Teddy Bridgewater- The Jags have two nice options at WR in Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon. If Blackmon can stay on the football field, adding a very smart and mature Bridgewater could change the direction of this franchise. The most complete QB in the draft IMO.

4. Browns. QB Blake Bortles- Cleveland was hoping for Bridgewater to fall to the 4th spot but Bortles could be just as good. Adding a QB who can produce points help out the Browns solid defense could spell success in the AFC north for the Browns and trouble for teams like the Steelers, Bengals & Ravens. 

5. Raiders. OT Greg Robinson- With Sammy Watkins, Bridgewater and Bortles off the board, Oakland plays it safe and provides help for Pryor at the offensive line by drafting the best offensive line prospect in the country. 

6. Falcons. DE Jadaveon Clowney- The Falcons come up big here for their defense and draft possibly the best player at his position in the entire draft. An instant start/disrupter who when in the zone can single handedly take over an entire game with his play. 

7. Buccaneers. TE Eric Ebron- I dont expect the Bucs to take Ebron at this pick. I think its a reach but I had to honor the top 3 needs by NFL.com. I could have Kony Ealy or Stephon Tuitt here but I think that, like Ebron, drafting them at 7 is a reach, so if the Bucs reach it will be to provide help for Glennon and Jackson in the passing game. Ebron will be a much welcomed addition. 

8. Vikings. DE Kony Ealy- Minnesota will most likely pick up AJ McCarron in the 2nd round. They pick up Ealy here to fill in the DE need. 

9. Bill. LB Khalil Mack- SCARY! I feel sorry for Geno, Tannehill and Brady, as well as for the player who's job it is to keep this beast of a man away from their QB when he blitz. Mack will also do well in run/pass coverage. A complete LB, instant starter and the 1st taken in the draft. Kiko Alonzo and Khalil Mack will be a nice tandem for years to come. 

10. Lions. CB Justin Gilbert- The Lions will either draft the best CB or best Safety at this position. There's no way they go offense IMO. The Lions avg. 25ppg this year but it was the defense that failed them, in particular stopping the passing game. 

11. Titans. S HaHa Clinton Dix- Tennessee will take the best cover safety in this years draft, making every cowboy fan in the country just that more disappointed. 

12. Giants. LB C.J. Mosley- The Giants make a safe pick here and go with the versatile Mosley while still leaving Anthony Barr on the board to be drafted. 

13. Rams. OT Jake Matthews- The 2nd OT to be taken in the draft but possibly the most versatile. Matthews ability to play OT, G, C & LS makes this pick a no-brainer for a Rams team that needs an addition to the O-line. This will be a great value pick as well, as Matthews is a top 3 to top 5 draft talent, but given the needs of other teams fell down 13 into the hands of a rising team in a very tough NFC west. Watkins and Matthews will pay dividends for a Rams team that racked up on 1st round picks from the Redskins. 

14. Bears. DT Timmy Jernigan- The Bears need a presence at the interior of their defensive line. Jernigan isnt a overwhelming freak at DT but  he's fantastic at is using his hands to get past blockers. He's also good at staying on his feet when blockers go low. Because he doesnt have the best speed he has developed patience utilizing his hands and body control to be at the right spot on running plays plugging the hole, rarely outrunning the play. 

15. Steelers. OT Taylor Lewan- The Steelers will fill a need as well as add youth to their offensive line. Lewan is considered by some to be a top 10 talent and the Steelers will draft for value here. Hopefully they dont swing and miss like they've done in the past. 

16. Cowboys. CB Darqueze Dennard- Everyone is expecting  "America's Team" to go safety, and they would have if Clinton Dix fell in their lap. With the Titans picking up Dix and Dennard falling to the mid round the Cowboys will pull the trigger and draft arguably the best CB in the draft. 

17. Ravens. WR. Mike Evans-  Anquan Boldin showed how trading him for a 6th round pick was just a stupid move. The Ravens will worry about their offensive line in a later round and will draft for value here with Evans being just the 2nd WR drafted since Watkins was picked up by the Rams with the #2 pick. 

18. Jets. WR Jordan Matthews- I know, Matthews right??? Marquees Lee is on the board here, but I think the Jets will ultimately view Matthews as a more complete WR of the bunch taken in the 1st in relation to what he can do with his natural ability. He's not as explosive as Watkins, he doesnt have get-off speed like Lee or the name like Mike Evans (playing with Johnny football). What Matthews does have is this. #1. He was the most consistent WR in the NCAA the last 2 years, leaving college as the SEC all-time leader in receptions and yards. Doing this with poor QB play and being the only actual passing weapon on the team. He wont kill you with speed, but what he will do is give you a viable target on every single passing play, something that is most important if you're a #2 Possession WR. He runs routes better than every WR taken before him. He has outstanding hands and his vision makes up for his lack of speed by being able to find open field with the ball in his hands. At 6'3 he's a large target with a very good catch radius. He's also a fearless WR who will go over the middle and make the play regarless of who's lurking. Lets not forget that he's cousins to Jerry Rice and seems to have a very respectable work ethic (Asking for CB tape at the senior bowl. He impressed people with that). He may not have as high a ceiling as these other WR's, if you're looking for a rookie WR who can help you consistently on the field RIGHT NOW, Jordan Matthews is the most complete WR in this years draft....THERE, I SAID IT! 

19. Dolphins. OT Zach Martin- The Fins need help at Tackle, Martin is sitting right here for the taking. Mike Mayock himself said that Zach Martin is even better than he thought after his time at the senior bowl. I think the Fins make a play on his talent. 

20. Cardinals. OT Cyrus Kouandjio- Arizona needs an offensive tackle. Cyrus is 6'6, 311lbs, hard to get around, has long arms and decent bend. 

21. Packers. S Calvin Pryor- Most thought that he would be a Cowboy if Dix was off the board. The Cowboys dont pull the trigger and the Packers pick up a nice safety to plug into their defense. Pryor's potential is favorable.

22. Eagles. Anthony Barr- The Eagles to their surprise have Anthony Barr fall right into their lap filling an immediate hole at the OLB position.

23. Chiefs. WR. Marquees Lee- The quick USC WR will compliment what Andy Reid is putting together out there in KC. This will also do wonders for Bowe and Smith as they have another target with very solid speed very quick off the line and dependable hands. He wont need to come in and "be the man or the answer" immediately which will allow him to grow and develop into a fine WR. 

24. Bengals. CB. Lamarcus Joyner- The Bengals continue to add to their impressive defense. 

25. Chargers. CB. Jason Verrett- The chargers added to their Oline last offseason and Rivers looked like his old self. Now the Chargers add to their secondary to help keep the opposing teams passing game in check. 

26. Browns. OG Gabe Jackson- The Browns take care of another need while protecting their newly drafted QB on the interior. 

27. Saints. OLB Ryan Shazier- This kids potential is out the park. With Vilma parting ways with the Saints as well as a need for the OLB position, the Saints dont hesitate and pull the trigger. 

28. Panthers. WR Brandin Cooks- This was hard as it was a toss up between Cooks and Devante Adams. Cooks is a Panther.

29. Patriots. NT Louis Nix III- The Patriots find their replacement for Vince Wilfork. 

30. 49ers. WR Davante Adams- The 49ers would love his size and speed as he stretches the field for them. 

31. Broncos. CB Bradly Roby- The Broncos take the best CB available. 

32. Seahawks. TE Jace Amaro- The Seahawks add another threat, this time to their TE position. Amaro will have success in seattle playing with that scheme and the intelligence of Russell Wilson. 

There you have it. All 32 picks based on teams top 3 needs per NFL.com. 

Clowney is the best player in the draft...I really dont see him sliding that far, especially not past the Raiders...but this stuff is way to hard to predict or critique.

If we draft Jordan Matthews at 18, I'm going to hunt you down and punch you in the face. ;-)...leaving Lee on the board would get you the finishing blow of a swift kick to the dick. 

Clowney is the best player in the draft...I really dont see him sliding that far, especially not past the Raiders...but this stuff is way to hard to predict or critique.

If we draft Jordan Matthews at 18, I'm going to hunt you down and punch you in the face. ;-)...leaving Lee on the board would get you the finishing blow of a swift kick to the dick. 

Clowney is probably the best player in the draft. Im not sure if him going at #6 is called "sliding" though. Yes the Raiders could take him @ 5, but I dont see Clowney going before the guys I have from #1-#4, especially given their needs. The Jags maybe, but if the Texans take Manziel and Bridgewater is there at #3 along with Clowney The Jags are taking the QB. 

As for Jordan Matthews, come May I will prime my face for the smack....but at the end of his rookie season I'll be priming myself for a hug and high 5 as we set to watch our first playoff home game and his rookie post season! lol. The kid is legit in my eyes. I'd be satisfied with Lee as well, I just really want Jordan Matthews. I feel that he will make Geno a better QB by being a bigger consistent target right now. I honestly feel like he has alittle anquan boldin in him. Let him get that NFL strength, this kid is going to be a legit top 10 WR in the league in no time. 

Taking Jordan Matthews over Lee would be an enormous mistake. 

Possibly. I'll admit that Im alittle biased when it comes to Matthews. Dont get me wrong, Lee looks good from what I've seen, but Matthews really jumps out at me for some reason. If Lee and Matthews are there the Jets will more than likely pick Lee. I do feel however that Matthews is the more established #2 WR, Lee has that potential. Not saying that Matthews doesnt, I think he's going to be outstanding in this league. Its simply the things that people "awe" over Matthews simply doesnt possess. Im usually not sucked in by the wow factor. I look at whether the kid can play football at a high level, imo I'd take Matthews over every WR in the draft outside Watkins. 

Clowney is probably the best player in the draft. Im not sure if him going at #6 is called "sliding" though. Yes the Raiders could take him @ 5, but I dont see Clowney going before the guys I have from #1-#4, especially given their needs. The Jags maybe, but if the Texans take Manziel and Bridgewater is there at #3 along with Clowney The Jags are taking the QB. 

As for Jordan Matthews, come May I will prime my face for the smack....but at the end of his rookie season I'll be priming myself for a hug and high 5 as we set to watch our first playoff home game and his rookie post season! lol. The kid is legit in my eyes. I'd be satisfied with Lee as well, I just really want Jordan Matthews. I feel that he will make Geno a better QB by being a bigger consistent target right now. I honestly feel like he has alittle anquan boldin in him. Let him get that NFL strength, this kid is going to be a legit top 10 WR in the league in no time. 

In my eyes, the consensus best player in the draft going 6th overall is a pretty significant slide considering.  And I'm not so sure why you're convinced those teams are going QB.  We've seen them all pass on "franchise" caliber QB prospects in previous drafts.

Quite frankly, I dont get your Jordan Matthews obsession.  I've seen a ton of him, not just highlights and yes, he's a solid WR.  Better Football player than athlete and doesnt have the top end speed necessary to be a game breaker in the NFL.  I know you're an expert now for calling Alshon but Matthews is not Alshon.  At all.  Top 10 WR in the league?  If that was the case, he wouldnt be getting 2nd round grades all over the place.  This isnt an Alshon situation where he showed to combine fat and out of shape so his stock dropped.  He'd be in the same conversation as Sammy Watkins if he was going to be a lock top 10 WR in no time, like you claim.

A lot of what Matthews accomplished at Vandy was taking advantage of his size.  His underwhelming performance at the Senior Bowl is a concern.  Lots of drops apparently.  He's far from a cant miss prospect.  Lee has much more to offer.  Not saying that Matthews cant have a nice career...he could...but there is nothing in his game the screams 18th overall or top 10 WR in the league.  Like, nothing.

In my eyes, the consensus best player in the draft going 6th overall is a pretty significant slide considering.  And I'm not so sure why you're convinced those teams are going QB.  We've seen them all pass on "franchise" caliber QB prospects in previous drafts.

Quite frankly, I dont get your Jordan Matthews obsession.  I've seen a ton of him, not just highlights and yes, he's a solid WR.  Better Football player than athlete and doesnt have the top end speed necessary to be a game breaker in the NFL.  I know you're an expert now for calling Alshon but Matthews is not Alshon.  At all.  Top 10 WR in the league?  If that was the case, he wouldnt be getting 2nd round grades all over the place.  This isnt an Alshon situation where he showed to combine fat and out of shape so his stock dropped.  He'd be in the same conversation as Sammy Watkins if he was going to be a lock top 10 WR in no time, like you claim.

A lot of what Matthews accomplished at Vandy was taking advantage of his size.  His underwhelming performance at the Senior Bowl is a concern.  Lots of drops apparently.  He's far from a cant miss prospect.  Lee has much more to offer.  Not saying that Matthews cant have a nice career...he could...but there is nothing in his game the screams 18th overall or top 10 WR in the league.  Like, nothing.

Im not sure why you're convinced that Clowney going 6th is a slide when the previous teams dont have a need for the position. I stated that this is based on the top 3 needs per NFL.com. The only team with that need before Atlanta is the Jags, and the order here is that they need a QB more than a DE. All Im saying is that based on the need to produce points, if Bridgewater and Clowney are on the board I feel that they're taking Bridgewater. The next need for DE is at #6 and Atlanta needs a DE more than any other position of need. More importantly, at #6 Clowney is better than any other player at any other need for Atlanta. If Atlanta was sitting at #3 then Clowney would be the 3rd player taken on my board....but they're #6. What do you want me to do??? lol.

4 of the 6 teams don't need a DE. The browns I personally believe do, but DE is not one of their top 3 needs so I cant pick him. I like Hoyer, so if the Browns take Clowney at 4 I couldnt be a bit surprised, but like I said, Im going by the top 3 needs. As for the Jags, If I felt Clowney would provide more to the Jags than Bridgewater would then I would have picked Clowney, but I think Bridgewater is legit....and if you feel that a QB is legit then he's more important than the "best player" in the draft. Clowney will not be putting points on the board. That not a knock on Clowney at all, its what a player can most do for your team. Its not like im saying to reach for Bridgewater. He could very well go #1 in the draft. Not many people are thinking that the "best player in the draft" will be going #1. Why? Because the Texans dont have a pressing need for him. They could certainly use him, dont get me wrong, but we can both look at the team and see that another DE isnt a pressing need. Beside, because of the amount of talent they have they're even looking to trade out of the spot. Players go where they're best suited to be taken, not because they're the best player. 

As for Matthews, im not "obsessed" with him. I simply like his football skill. The only athlete I've ever been obsessed with is Reggie Miller. I idolized him growing up and to me he is the best basketball player to ever live. Matthews imo is the most complete WR right now, he doesnt have the highest ceiling, Watkins does, but I feel that what Matthews can do would help out Geno tremendously. That is running crisp routes, finding open field and catching footballs. The kid does all of that without the speed and everything else that makes fans jizz in their pants. Anquan Boldin ran a 4.71, Malcolm Floyd ran a 4.44, Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63, Michael Crabtree ran a 4.54. The difference with these players that I feel Matthews possesses is their ability to be very good at what they can do, which is run routes, find open field, have above average strength for the position (Boldin), find the soft spot in zone and most importantly have great soft hands. 

To conclude on Matthews, I like Matthews the most because to me he's a cross between Anquan Boldin and Malcolm Floyd (No, he's not Alshon Jeffery. I should know!) I think the Jets would be more than satisfied to have that type of WR and not a WR that you're looking at their ceiling 3 years from now. Matthews is that right now. And im not an expert. I looked at a WR that I liked and I backed him. He ended up being a probowler in 2 years. Matthews could bust, but so could watkins and lee or anyone else. I liked Jeffery because I thought he was the most complete WR that year. I like Matthews because I think he's the most complete player right now. I like Bridgewater over clowney because he's a QB who will put points on the board and I also think he's more complete as a QB than Clowney is at DE. I dont mean to offend anyone! 

Im not sure why you're convinced that Clowney going 6th is a slide when the previous teams dont have a need for the position. I stated that this is based on the top 3 needs per NFL.com. The only team with that need before Atlanta is the Jags, and the order here is that they need a QB more than a DE. All Im saying is that based on the need to produce points, if Bridgewater and Clowney are on the board I feel that they're taking Bridgewater. The next need for DE is at #6 and Atlanta needs a DE more than any other position of need. More importantly, at #6 Clowney is better than any other player at any other need for Atlanta. If Atlanta was sitting at #3 then Clowney would be the 3rd player taken on my board....but they're #6. What do you want me to do??? lol.

4 of the 6 teams don't need a DE. The browns I personally believe do, but DE is not one of their top 3 needs so I cant pick him. I like Hoyer, so if the Browns take Clowney at 4 I couldnt be a bit surprised, but like I said, Im going by the top 3 needs. As for the Jags, If I felt Clowney would provide more to the Jags than Bridgewater would then I would have picked Clowney, but I think Bridgewater is legit....and if you feel that a QB is legit then he's more important than the "best player" in the draft. Clowney will not be putting points on the board. That not a knock on Clowney at all, its what a player can most do for your team. Its not like im saying to reach for Bridgewater. He could very well go #1 in the draft. Not many people are thinking that the "best player in the draft" will be going #1. Why? Because the Texans dont have a pressing need for him. They could certainly use him, dont get me wrong, but we can both look at the team and see that another DE isnt a pressing need. Beside, because of the amount of talent they have they're even looking to trade out of the spot. Players go where they're best suited to be taken, not because they're the best player. 

As for Matthews, im not "obsessed" with him. I simply like his football skill. The only athlete I've ever been obsessed with is Reggie Miller. I idolized him growing up and to me he is the best basketball player to ever live. Matthews imo is the most complete WR right now, he doesnt have the highest ceiling, Watkins does, but I feel that what Matthews can do would help out Geno tremendously. That is running crisp routes, finding open field and catching footballs. The kid does all of that without the speed and everything else that makes fans jizz in their pants. Anquan Boldin ran a 4.71, Malcolm Floyd ran a 4.44, Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63, Michael Crabtree ran a 4.54. The difference with these players that I feel Matthews possesses is their ability to be very good at what they can do, which is run routes, find open field, have above average strength for the position (Boldin), find the soft spot in zone and most importantly have great soft hands. 

To conclude on Matthews, I like Matthews the most because to me he's a cross between Anquan Boldin and Malcolm Floyd (No, he's not Alshon Jeffery. I should know!) I think the Jets would be more than satisfied to have that type of WR and not a WR that you're looking at their ceiling 3 years from now. Matthews is that right now. And im not an expert. I looked at a WR that I liked and I backed him. He ended up being a probowler in 2 years. Matthews could bust, but so could watkins and lee or anyone else. I liked Jeffery because I thought he was the most complete WR that year. I like Matthews because I think he's the most complete player right now. I like Bridgewater over clowney because he's a QB who will put points on the board and I also think he's more complete as a QB than Clowney is at DE. I dont mean to offend anyone! 

Every team in the league has a need for a player like Clowney. Did the Jets need a DE last season?  No.  And then they would have missed on the DROY.  And Clowney is twice the prospect.  Besides, Clowney can play LB too.  I could totally see the Texans drafting him and pairing him JJ Watt.  Thats nasty.  That said, Billy is QB guy so maybe not...but point being...he's got LT type talent...no team turns that down because its not a "pressing need".

You seem pretty obsessed.  You claimed him to be a top 10 WR in the league, in no time...with very little substance to support such a bold claim.

I agree that speed isnt everything.  Plenty of great WR's who dont possess incredible speed but are productive.  I just think you're highly overrating him at this time.  Especially coming off a lack luster Senior Bowl.

Every team in the league has a need for a player like Clowney. Did the Jets need a DE last season?  No.  And then they would have missed on the DROY.  And Clowney is twice the prospect.  Besides, Clowney can play LB too.  I could totally see the Texans drafting him and pairing him JJ Watt.  Thats nasty.  That said, Billy is QB guy so maybe not...but point being...he's got LT type talent...no team turns that down because its not a "pressing need".

You seem pretty obsessed.  You claimed him to be a top 10 WR in the league, in no time...with very little substance to support such a bold claim.

I agree that speed isnt everything.  Plenty of great WR's who dont possess incredible speed but are productive.  I just think you're highly overrating him at this time.  Especially coming off a lack luster Senior Bowl.

Dude, the DROTY went at #13. The best rookie of the draft class had 12 players go ahead of him. 

Look, going back and forth with you would be like disagreeing with you. Clowney is a freak and could go #1. I've stated it 3 times already, this was based on the top 3 needs per NFL.com. you dont like it....cool bro. 

Wait, I seemed "obsessed" because what I feel his potential is? By this logic you're obviously obsessed with Clowney becvause I cant even put together a mock draft explaining the rules of the draft without you wanting me to break the rules because you feel that Clowney is "all-world" lol. 

As for me over-rating him, Who the hell am I dude? No one listens to Villain on this forum or in the football world. Its my opinion dude, nothing more than that. I like Jordan Matthews. He has the skill, the ability, the work ethic and the bloodline. By the way, Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 40. 

anytime a mock draft pick requires that much explanation, it's like your subconscious is telling you it's a reach. great picks don't require multiple paragraph explanations. 

if the board fell like that i'd take Barr.  but overall a nice effort. I like Johnny at 1. 

Dude, the DROTY went at #13. The best rookie of the draft class had 12 players go ahead of him. 

Look, going back and forth with you would be like disagreeing with you. Clowney is a freak and could go #1. I've stated it 3 times already, this was based on the top 3 needs per NFL.com. you dont like it....cool bro. 

Wait, I seemed "obsessed" because what I feel his potential is? By this logic you're obviously obsessed with Clowney becvause I cant even put together a mock draft explaining the rules of the draft without you wanting me to break the rules because you feel that Clowney is "all-world" lol. 

As for me over-rating him, Who the hell am I dude? No one listens to Villain on this forum or in the football world. Its my opinion dude, nothing more than that. I like Jordan Matthews. He has the skill, the ability, the work ethic and the bloodline. By the way, Jerry Rice ran a 4.71 40. 

First off, take a deep breath.  You put this out there...did you just want a head nod and tell you great work?  Figured you were open to a discussion about it.

Not sure what your first point is...the Jets didnt "need" a DE.  Just like those other teams dont "need" a DE.  Sometimes the talent is too good to pass up, like Clowney. And yes, I'm obsessed with him because he's the awesomeness.

So from now on, I'll just give you a thumbs up instead of having a conversation with you about your work that your post for the everyone to see but dont really want anyone to critique.  <3

First off, take a deep breath.  You put this out there...did you just want a head nod and tell you great work?  Figured you were open to a discussion about it.

Not sure what your first point is...the Jets didnt "need" a DE.  Just like those other teams dont "need" a DE.  Sometimes the talent is too good to pass up, like Clowney. And yes, I'm obsessed with him because he's the awesomeness.

So from now on, I'll just give you a thumbs up instead of having a conversation with you about your work that your post for the everyone to see but dont really want anyone to critique.  <3

Its not about a head nod, you're talking about Clowney and his position at #6. I stated the stipulations and why I have him at 6. You cant get the point that I was going with the top 3 needs from NFL.com. Why cant you get that. This isnt about what people cant pass up on, this is about respecting the top 3 needs. That was the nature of the mock. 

We're open to discussing anything. For me to take a deep breath would assume that I disagreed with you or was hyped and out of control about your opinion. I've stated that Clowney could certainly go first but why I didnt put him there. 

You can critique but Its not a critique when you say that I seem obsessive as if I didnt explain the qualities of Matthews...its a mock. A mock that certainly wont go the way I see it. Jordan Matthews more likely than not will be a 2nd round pick unless he blows up the combine or the Panthers see what I see in him at the bottom of the 1st. You my friend wasnt trying to conversate about the mock, you were judging the slide of Clowney (that wasnt a slide if you understood the rules) based on your obsession that you've admitted to. So dont twist this around with this "from now on" position you're taking as if I argued Clowney's relevance to go #1 or argued your reason why you feel that Matthews isnt as good to you. I respected both of your positions. I sat back and I explained what it was that I liked about Matthews (without trying to convince you to feel the same) and I agreed that Clowney could go #1 in the actual draft. Critique the mock based on the rules applied then we'll be able to talk about it. You're not doing that. You're just talking about  your "obsession" for Clowney. 

Its not about a head nod, you're talking about Clowney and his position at #6. I stated the stipulations and why I have him at 6. You cant get the point that I was going with the top 3 needs from NFL.com. Why cant you get that. This isnt about what people cant pass up on, this is about respecting the top 3 needs. That was the nature of the mock. 

We're open to discussing anything. For me to take a deep breath would assume that I disagreed with you or was hyped and out of control about your opinion. I've stated that Clowney could certainly go first but why I didnt put him here. 

You can critique but Its not a critique when you say that I seem obsessive as if I didnt explain the qualities of Matthews...its a mock. A mock that certainly wont go the way I see it. Jordan Matthews more likely than not will be a 2nd round pick unless he blows up the combine or the Panthers see what I see in him at the bottom of the 1st. You my friend wasnt trying to conversate about the mock, you were judging the slide of Clowney (that wasnt a slide if you understood the rules) based on your obsession that you've admitted to. So dont twist this around with this "from now on" position you're taking as if I argued Clowney's relevance to go #1 or argued your reason why you feel that Matthews isnt as good to you. I respected both of your positions. I sat back and I explained what it was that I liked about Matthews (without trying to convince you to feel the same) and I agreed that Clowney could go #1 in the actual draft. 

Sorry I called you obsessed, maybe enamored was a better word.  From my seat, you seem defensive about the feedback I've expressed around your mock...which is cool.  No biggie. 

Cant wait for your mock 3.0 and post combine stuff.  I'll have a thumbs up smiley face ready to go!

Sorry I called you obsessed, maybe enamored was a better word.  From my seat, you seem defensive about the feedback I've expressed around your mock...which is cool.  No biggie. 

Cant wait for your mock 3.0 and post combine stuff.  I'll have a thumbs up smiley face ready to go!

I appreciate that. 

The only thing I felt defensive about was the alleged sliding of Clowney. I just wanted to make clear that him going at #6 was in no way my feeling on his ability. It was purely based on the rules I set for the Mock. When you talked about how you didnt see teams passing up a freak player like that gave me the indication that you werent understanding the rules of my mock. I was defending the rule set, not my reason for him going 6th. 

Anyway, we've always been good Jif. Just dont talk sh_t about my mock again!  :winking0001:

I appreciate that. 

The only thing I felt defensive about was the alleged sliding of Clowney. I just wanted to make clear that him going at #6 was in no way my feeling on his ability. It was purely based on the rules I set for the Mock. When you talked about how you didnt see teams passing up a freak player like that gave me the indication that you werent understanding the rules of my mock. I was defending the rule set, not my reason for him going 6th. 

Anyway, we've always been good Jif. Just dont talk sh_t about my mock again!  :winking0001:

All good brother.  But, I'm still hunting you down if we take Matthews over Lee.  Even if you change your position in a later version.  The damage is done.

All good brother.  But, I'm still hunting you down if we take Matthews over Lee.  Even if you change your position in a later version.  The damage is done.

lol. I probably would change my position. Im just nervous that Carolina will not let Matthews past them, I also think about KC as well. If Marquees Lee is on the board then KC would take him, that leaves Davante Adams and Jordan Matthews left and I have a feeling that Carolina is going WR. 

I'll explain my feeling on Matthews for you. The reason why I like Matthews is because what he brings to the table makes the QB better. A WR who can make a QB better is a WR worth having. Example, Watkins "big play ability" is quite evident. My problem is this. What is Watkins if a team happens to take away the big play when they scheme? Now think about the question. Im not saying that Watkins cant take a screen pass 80 yards for a TD, what im saying is that in the NFL "everyone" is good. Jordan Matthews imo possesses an ability that isnt based on "the big play", but consistency. Jordan Matthews will probably run a 4.5/4.6, a 4.45 at best, but what he's great at is finding open space making him a consistent target at 6'3. We cant say that about Sammy Watkins because he needs to brush up on his route running. Now, route running isnt everything because a person can run perfect routes but be monotone in doing so. Jordan Matthews can sell a fake within his route running which can create space, not through speed but in manipulation and creating false anticipation for the CB. Another thing about Matthews, he has the top 3 best hands in the draft (I personally think Jarvis Landry has the best hands in the draft). Matthews is also fearless going to the middle. His concentration does not waver. Look at this play here. 

concussionhit_medium.gif

Matthews at 6'3 has to leave his feet and jump fully exposing himself (not the best QB throw) in order to make the catch & first down and look at his head. He see's the play all the way through even knowing what is about to happen. You cant teach this Jif. Some players got it, some dont. Whats even more impressive is that he can take this hit and get right back up, pass the ball to the referee and go back to the huddle with a 1st & 10 to his credit. He will keep the offense on the field and he isnt injury prone like a Marquees Lee. He can stay on the field for you and play the entire year. The Jets if im correct had the 2nd highest 3 and out in the league this year. Jordan Matthews can help change that in a BIG way, giving more opportunities to put points on the board. 

For a guy who was the only weapon on the team (and the defense knew it) not only did he produce but he was the most consistent WR in the nation over the 2 years. Consistency my friend is what I like about him. A big target with sure hands is what I like about him. His ability to concentrate and not hear "steps" going across the middle is what I like about him. None of these things mentioned require the best speed or agility. It requires toughness, bravery and a willingness. He's simply a stud in my book and I want the Jets to draft a guy who can catch "not so accurate" footballs as Geno has thrown from time to time. 6'3 will help out with that. Granted, getting some solid offensive Guards will help more regarding the inaccurate pass, but nonetheless. 

Jordan Matthews is a football player through and through, and he also seems to be quite the student of the game as well. 

1ST RD.

1. TEXANS. JOHNNY MANZIEL QB

2. RAMS. JAKE MATHEWS OT

3. JAGUARS. BLAKE BORTLES QB

4. BROWNS. TEDDY BRIDGEWATER QB

5. RAIDERS. SAMMY WATKINS WR

6. FALCONS. JADEVON CLOWNEY DE

7. TAMPA BAY. GREG ROBINSON OT

8. VIKINGS. KONY EALY DE

9. BILLS. KAHILL MACK LB

10. LIONS. DARQUEZ DENNARD CB

11. TITANS. HA HA DIX SAFETY

12. GIANTS. TAYLOR LEWAN OT

13. RAMS. MIKE EVANS WR

14. BEARS. LOUIS NIX DT

15. STEELERS. JUSTIN GILBERT CB

16. RAVENS. ERIC EBRON TE

17. COWBOYS. ANTHONY BARR LB-DE

18. JETS. KELVIN BENJAMIN WR

19. DOLPHINS. ZACK MARTIN OT-G

20. CARDINALS. JOEL BITTONIO OT

21. PACKERS. JACE AMARO TE

22. EAGLES MARCUS ROBERTSON CB

23. CHIEFS MARQUIS LEE WR

24. BENGALS. C.J. MOSLEY OLB

25. CHARGERS. DAVID YANKEY GUARD

26. BROWNS. JORDAN MATHEWS WR

27. SAINTS. DEE FORD OLB

28. PANTHERS. JARVIS LANDRY WR

29. PATRIOTS. TIMMY JERIGAN DT

30. 49ERS. BRANDON COOKS WR

31. BRONCOS. JASON VERRETT CB

32. SEAHAWKS. AUSTIN SEFERIAN JENKINS TE

I think we can get Lee in first and Mathews in 2nd, if they're not against taking 2 wrs with their first 2 picks

I could def see that happening given the two 3rd round picks and the deepness of the TE position. pick up WR's in the first two rounds, a TE and S in the 3rd with RB, G and OLD down the line. 

Another guy who was pretty impressive was Odell Beckham. Beckham and Matthews I'd take in the first 2 rounds. 

If Barr is on the board at #18, I don't see us going Matthews.  Heck, I don't see us going offense if he's there.  He's clearly BAP at that point.

He's another developmental player. He's a hit or miss. Id rather trade up to Minnesota's pick if they're not able to get their QB for a 1st and 4th rounder and draft Khalil Mack if thats the case. Anthony Barr is cool, but definitely passable if at 18. If we go OLB they better trade up for Khalil. 

He's another developmental player. He's a hit or miss. Id rather trade up to Minnesota's pick if they're not able to get their QB for a 1st and 4th rounder and draft Khalil Mack if thats the case. Anthony Barr is cool, but definitely passable if at 18. If we go OLB they better trade up for Khalil. 

I'm no draft guru, but most mocks and big boards I see have him top-12 and many top-5.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft (11, 12, 12, 8)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings (10)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140219/2014-nfl-mock-draft-johnny-manziel/ (11)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000324754/article/buckys-big-board-jadeveon-clowney-debuts-atop-rankings (ranked 4th)

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014bigboard.php (ranked 3rd)

I get that Mack is probably the better prospect but I'm just saying if we are sitting at 18 and Barr was there, he appears to be a much better prospect than any WR not named Watkins, no?  Seems like he'd be a near-steal at 18 based on these rankings.  What are his flaws compared to Mack?

I'm no draft guru, but most mocks and big boards I see have him top-12 and many top-5.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft (11, 12, 12, 8)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings (10)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140219/2014-nfl-mock-draft-johnny-manziel/ (11)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000324754/article/buckys-big-board-jadeveon-clowney-debuts-atop-rankings (ranked 4th)

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014bigboard.php (ranked 3rd)

I get that Mack is probably the better prospect but I'm just saying if we are sitting at 18 and Barr was there, he appears to be a much better prospect than any WR not named Watkins, no?  Seems like he'd be a near-steal at 18 based on these rankings.  What are his flaws compared to Mack?

Im not draft Guru either, thats just simply my opinion after the combine. 

I didnt look at the links but I believe that they say what you say they say. The Jets need to draft polished players, not high, developmental players in the later rounds. Khalil Mack looks ready now, Anthony Barr not so much. 

Archived