Bart Scott Joins NFL Today on CBS

JOJOTOWNSELL

as a Jets fan all i can say is........."huh?"  Completely overrated player....did he really get a network TV contract with that "Cant Wait" line??

Ironic that he is probably holding the seat for 1 year for Rex Ryan lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/24/bart-scott-joins-the-nfl-today-on-cbs/

Tony Gonzalez won’t be the only new face onThe NFL Today when CBS’ pregame show returns for the 2014 season.

Former Ravens and Jets linebacker Bart Scott will also join the program, the network announced on Monday. Scott is heading into his second year with CBS and spent last season on the CBS Sports Network’s Sunday morning show That Other Pregame Show.

“Bart joining The NFL Today is a natural progression from his outstanding work during his first season on TOPS,” CBS Sports Chairman Sean McManus said in a statement. “Bart brings a dynamic personality and unique perspective as a recently retired player providing strong opinions on all the hot-button issues on a weekly basis. We are confident he will continue to bring that perspective and those opinions to The NFL Today.”

Scott was responsible for one of the more memorable pre-Richard Shermanpostgame interviews when he used Sal Paolantonio’s microphone as a vehicle to let the world know that he couldn’t wait to face the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game after chastising those who picked the Patriots to beat the Jets. Scott’s dealings with the media got contentious at times as well, but his willingness to share just about everything that’s on his mind should serve him well in the television game.

When Gonzalez’s hiring was announced, CBS said that Dan Marino and Shannon Sharpe were leaving the show. Gonzalez and Scott will join James Brown, Bill Cowher and Boomer Esiason on Sundays this fall.

:love0030:

The NFL Today just became watchable. 

CAN'T WAIT to watch Bart Scott sh*t all over Boomer. 

You are a sucker.

The "can't wait" moment is one of the most SOJ moments of the past decade. How do you and so many others not see it for what it was? Unreal.

(Note: I agree, he'll be a good addition to the show... but dude, "can't wait" should be an outlawed phrase for us. COME ON!!! )

Scott is a huge improvement to the CBS pregame show which has been the worst behind ESPN and Fox in my opinion. Marino and Sharpe were keeping them down. I like Boomer, Cowher is okay, I was puzzled by Gonzales since he doesn't seem like the most interesting person off the field, but adding Scott hopefully adds some personality that seems lacking.

Archived