Jets meet with Bortles........

fishing92070

Report: Jets meet with QB Blake Bortles

By Rich Cimini | February 25, 2014 12:45:31 AM PST

This is interesting:

The New York Jets met with former Central Florida quarterback Blake Bortles at the scouting combine, according to the Orlando Sentinel. The Jets were one of eight teams to conduct formal interviews with Bortles in Indianapolis. The others, according to the newspaper: Houston Texans, St. Louis Rams, Jacksonville Jaguars, Oakland Raiders, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tennessee Titans.

It's easy to see why the other teams met with Bortles: They own picks in the top 11 and have varying degrees of need at the quarterback position. The Jets, too, could be in the quarterback market, but there's virtually no chance he will be available with the 18th pick. They'd have to make a blockbuster deal to trade up for Bortles, who could go No. 1 overall to the Texans.

Chances are, the Jets were simply performing due diligence. But it's still ... well, interesting.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=new-yorkjets&id=35931&city=newyork&src=desktop

Tells you all you need to know about how the Jets feel about Geno Smith. Guess there is someone in the organization with a brain.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tells you all you need to know about how the Jets feel about Geno Smith. Guess there is someone in the organization with a brain.

Really doesn't tell you anything. They could be interested in Bortles, or another first round QB, or they could be interested in creating a smokescreen. Maybe encourage QB wanting teams to trade ahead of them.

Slates= STUPID

That's why it tells you nothing! You must be one of those Jet fans Fatsessa kills.

If you want to effectively call me stupid, you should make an effort to spell my username correctly. It's only five letters.

Gastineau another brainless Jet fan who does not know how to comprehend. Guess you like Geno too. Here's to looking at 6-10 JA.

Like is kind of a silly word, don't you think?

I'm in wait and see mode with Geno. I don't think you can make a judgement either way. 3 turnovers in the final 5 games gives me a sliver of hope.

One of the QBs is going to slip past #10 (Tennessee), and then freefall past Baltimore/Steelers/St Louis and the other teams that have QBs. It's very likely the Jets will be staring at a Carr, Bortles, or Bridgewater at 18. Big call to make.

I could see them Possibly, possibly that is passing on Carr, but you just cant pass on Bridgewater, or Bortles.

Way to go E-flat.

I'll be all around in the dark. I'll be ever'-where - wherever you can look. Wherever there's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad - I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry an' they know supper's ready. An' when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise, and livin' in the houses they build,  wherever there are ill informed, or just plain brainless posters, I'll be there too.

I'll be all around in the dark. I'll be ever'-where - wherever you can look. Wherever there's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad - I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry an' they know supper's ready. An' when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise, and livin' in the houses they build,  wherever there are ill informed, or just plain brainless posters, I'll be there too.

OK, I give up, who and what movie?

Manziel? Are you kidding, him I'd trade up for, but if he drops to 18, then I would believe in the Easter bunny, Santa, and hitting Power ball.

in a perfect world id like to trade up for him but it could really ruin a team since there are some red flags about him

im hoping some of those red flags stop the top 10 teams from picking him and going from there

Archived