•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Jets meet with Bortles........

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 fishing92070

fishing92070

salad tosser

• Banned
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

Report: Jets meet with QB Blake Bortles

By Rich Cimini | February 25, 2014 12:45:31 AM PST

This is interesting:

The New York Jets met with former Central Florida quarterback Blake Bortles at the scouting combine, according to the Orlando Sentinel. The Jets were one of eight teams to conduct formal interviews with Bortles in Indianapolis. The others, according to the newspaper: Houston Texans, St. Louis Rams, Jacksonville Jaguars, Oakland Raiders, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Tennessee Titans.

It's easy to see why the other teams met with Bortles: They own picks in the top 11 and have varying degrees of need at the quarterback position. The Jets, too, could be in the quarterback market, but there's virtually no chance he will be available with the 18th pick. They'd have to make a blockbuster deal to trade up for Bortles, who could go No. 1 overall to the Texans.

Chances are, the Jets were simply performing due diligence. But it's still ... well, interesting.

http://m.espn.go.com...ork&src=desktop

Tells you all you need to know about how the Jets feel about Geno Smith. Guess there is someone in the organization with a brain.

#2 joewillie78

joewillie78

lowest poster rating in the league

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

Idzik is on the right track.

Posted Image

#3 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,683 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

yawn-o.gif

#4 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,726 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

Tells you all you need to know about how the Jets feel about Geno Smith. Guess there is someone in the organization with a brain.

Really doesn't tell you anything. They could be interested in Bortles, or another first round QB, or they could be interested in creating a smokescreen. Maybe encourage QB wanting teams to trade ahead of them.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#5 BroadwayJoe12

BroadwayJoe12

JN's Rust Cohle

• Members
  • 8,683 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

This is Cimini trolling. The new format at the combine is for teams to have informal and formal meetings with the majority of the prospects, especially all the top prospects.  The Jets met with Luck and RG III as well, where was that blockbuster trade? 

#6 fishing92070

fishing92070

salad tosser

• Banned
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

Slats= STUPID

That's why it tells you nothing! You must be one of those Jet fans Fatsessa kills.

Edited by fishing92070, 25 February 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#7 joewillie78

joewillie78

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

This is Cimini trolling. The new format at the combine is for teams to have informal and formal meetings with the majority of the prospects, especially all the top prospects.  The Jets met with Luck and RG III as well, where was that blockbuster trade? 

Washington for RGIII?

Posted Image

#8 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

Slates= STUPID

That's why it tells you nothing! You must be one of those Jet fans Fatsessa kills.

What is Slates?

"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#9 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,726 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

Slates= STUPID

If you want to effectively call me stupid, you should make an effort to spell my username correctly. It's only five letters.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#10 fishing92070

fishing92070

salad tosser

• Banned
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

OK Slats, Read between the lines my dumb friend. Typing on the phone. Key punch error.

#11 fishing92070

fishing92070

salad tosser

• Banned
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

Hey slats, so who is the answer at QB? Entertain me!

#12 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

Eat it Slats, you're not worth adding to auto correct

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#13 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

OK Slats, Read between the lines my dumb friend. Typing on the phone. Key punch error.

Your dumb friend Slates would do much better if you had a coherent thought to refute.

Edited by Gastineau Lives, 25 February 2014 - 10:06 AM.

"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#14 joewillie78

joewillie78

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

Your dumb friend Slates would do much better if you had a coherent thought to refute.

Way to go E-flat.

Posted Image

#15 fishing92070

fishing92070

salad tosser

• Banned
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

Gastineau another brainless Jet fan who does not know how to comprehend. Guess you like Geno too. Here's to looking at 6-10 JA.

#16 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

One of the QBs is going to slip past #10 (Tennessee), and then freefall past Baltimore/Steelers/St Louis and the other teams that have QBs. It's very likely the Jets will be staring at a Carr, Bortles, or Bridgewater at 18. Big call to make.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#17 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

Gastineau another brainless Jet fan who does not know how to comprehend. Guess you like Geno too. Here's to looking at 6-10 JA.

Like is kind of a silly word, don't you think?

I'm in wait and see mode with Geno. I don't think you can make a judgement either way. 3 turnovers in the final 5 games gives me a sliver of hope.

#18 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

Thank God someone is here to regulate.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#19 jetsjetsjetss

jetsjetsjetss

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

if top 3 passes on qb we may see bortless fall to 15-18 range

#20 fishing92070

fishing92070

salad tosser

• Banned
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

He only had 3 turnovers because he averaged around 12 passes per game for the last 5 games. Sorry, I do not like him. Time will tell on him.

#21 joewillie78

joewillie78

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

One of the QBs is going to slip past #10 (Tennessee), and then freefall past Baltimore/Steelers/St Louis and the other teams that have QBs. It's very likely the Jets will be staring at a Carr, Bortles, or Bridgewater at 18. Big call to make.

I could see them Possibly, possibly that is passing on Carr, but you just cant pass on Bridgewater, or Bortles.

Posted Image

#22 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,109 posts

Way to go E-flat.

I'll be all around in the dark. I'll be ever'-where - wherever you can look. Wherever there's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad - I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry an' they know supper's ready. An' when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise, and livin' in the houses they build,  wherever there are ill informed, or just plain brainless posters, I'll be there too.

#23 joewillie78

joewillie78

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

if top 3 passes on qb we may see bortless fall to 15-18 range

Take him.

Posted Image

#24 joewillie78

joewillie78

• Banned
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

I'll be all around in the dark. I'll be ever'-where - wherever you can look. Wherever there's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad - I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry an' they know supper's ready. An' when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise, and livin' in the houses they build,  wherever there are ill informed, or just plain brainless posters, I'll be there too.

OK, I give up, who and what movie?

Posted Image

#25 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

He only had 3 turnovers because he averaged around 12 passes per game for the last 5 games. Sorry, I do not like him. Time will tell on him.

12 is not 26.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users