Mount Rushmore of JN Threads (all-time, Jets/NFL forum only)

Jetsfan80

1.  Wes Welker?  Seriously? 

When:  September 8, 2007

Started:  Thor99

Length:  107 pages

Key Posts:

How can you watch Chad Pennington play and proclaim him "GREAT" and then watch Wes Welker play and call him a nobody?

LMAO.

Being the best WR on miami is like winning the special Olympics.

Wes Welker is going to be a thorn in the Jets' side for years. On a clutch third down, it ain't gonna be Moss or Stallworth that Brady finds.

Of the 102 receptions Wes has had this season only three of them were thrown by QB's named Brady or Manning. 99 of them were thrown by a guy named Matt Cassel.

Oh, I don't know. Perhaps because they don't have the best Wide Receiver in the NFL across the way from them, not to mention probably the scariest threat to beat you (not just with speed but with size and hands) deep in NFL history. I don't know, I guess not every team has a Randy Moss.

That being said, Wes Welker is a good receiver, but he's not great. On a lot of other teams he'd be a 60-80 catch guy.

2.  Sanchez Sucks. 

When:  October 8, 2012

Started:  Sperm Edwards

Length:  141 pages

Key Posts:

You could start by not staring down your primary read on every ****ing play, sh*tbird.

Tebow threw the nicest ball of the game...which was dropped of course.

OH, SE, in your never ending attempt to oversimplify things and your uncanny ability to see blood in the water, you miss the bigger point.

It is the JETS that suck, not just Sanchez. In the same way that you villify Sanchez alone, points can easily be made in equal venon that:

-The Jet Run D SUCKS
-The Jet Run O SUCKS
-The Jet play calling on offense SUCKS
-The Jet Pass Rush SUCKS

And Yes, Sanchez sucks.

But, do not make him the sole figure in this cesspool that is called a team. It is inaccurate and unfair.

At the end of the day,it does not matter because the end product is hard to watch. But don't miss the bigger picture. And these are just the on the field issues. The BIGGER issues may in fact reside off the field.

Looks like that time with Pennington is paying dividends!

He's fired up bro..  If he's able to put it together there could be comeback player of the year chatter.  I'm lukewarm on his prospects for a good season.

3.  The Official Jets on Hard Knocks Thread

When:  July 27, 2010

Started:  Maxman

Length:  40 pages

Key Posts:

I want to eat at Cafe Ryan. I want a Cafe Ryan t-shirt. I want a Cafe Ryan in the new stadium.

embarrassing. all the f bombs. I see why he was never hired as a head coach before..lol

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

The Basped stuff was tough.

This holdout is 100% on Revis. I can't believe people still defend him in this. This is solely about Revis getting $16 million a year. End of story

Great play by sanchez there on the LT TD... looked it off, laid it out perfect.. real nice job..

He's actually very good at throwing those routes, we should be running a Coryell offense with runs and deep balls featured..

Back to the show...

loved when you saw Rex actually working with his players on technique. I don't go to a lot of practices but I recently did attend one for the Jags and Jack Del Rio let his positions coach do all the technique coaching. Figured that was pretty standard, but when you get a HC who gets involved with his players in that fashion...its really no wonder why players respond to him the way they do.

I really F'ing love this guy and hope he brings us a championship.

Can this thread have some more Rex Ryan love? Or John Connor wanting to destroy people? Nacho?

No I just say earmuffs anytime they cut to Rex.

Hard Knocks sees 37 percent increase in viewers

Posted by Mike Florio on August 13, 2010 2:24 PM ET

Last year, the Jets got the better of the Bengals twice, only six days apart. This year, the Jets have taken it to the Bengals again, besting by 37 percent the audience for their respective debuts on HBO's Hard Knocks.
---------
Meanwhile, I've now watched it three times, and counting. Next Wednesday can't get here soon enough.

I just watched the first episode. Epic.

I thought Rex would be the comedy star but this:

"#10. Man, who traded for him? What a smart son of a bitch that guy was." from Tanny, made me spit my coffee up.

Roles? As in plural? Taylor just returns. Clowney can cover and gun too and he's obviously a better receiver. The distinction is pretty academic because the difference between the two is just that Clowney is going to be one of the perpetual inactives and Taylor will be on the practice squad.

4.  How many of you have played professional sports? (before you criticize my opinions)

When:  December 7, 2008

Started:  aec4

Length:  20

Key Posts:

:rolleyes:

What professional league were you in? Curling?

LMAO look at this guy.

Dude, GET OVER YOURSELF! :rl:

I know a little about baseball too.

I had a friend who was a big baseball player back in high school. Man he could through that speed ball by you... make you look like a fool.

There's one difference between you and the players on the Jets, Chachi.

They have about seven more zeros on their paycheck.

Do you even get paid real money in Class A baseball, or is it like a meal stipend and a ****ty hotel room?

thisisanepicthreadoj6.png

Last year, I made it to the regional semifinals in the RPS World Championships. That Rock Paper Scissors for those of you out of the loop.

That locker room was intense. One guy was all roided up, he threw one hell of a paper.

Wow, after 2 years, JN gets it's first "I"m an ex-jock so I know more than you do" thread.

:gfight:

breakingnewsaec4namedtohd8.jpg

I just subscribed to this thread, so it will never be lost. ever.

:rl:

1.  Wes Welker?  Seriously? 

When:  September 8, 2007

Started:  Thor99

Length:  107 pages

Key Posts:

2.  Sanchez Sucks. 

Key Posts:

Tebowtime's avatar = creepiest ever photo-thumb-19934.png?_r=1349582926

Dude was definitely doin' that dog. 

The internet is forever.

What do you really wanna know? Am I sorry for thinking Rex Ryan was a good coach? There's not a day goes by that I don't feel regret. Not because a select few quote those posts out of context, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who got fooled into liking Rex for a short time. I want to talk to him. I want to try to talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I gotta live with that.

What do you really wanna know? Am I sorry for thinking Rex Ryan was a good coach? There's not a day goes by that I don't feel regret. Not because a select few quote those posts out of context, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who got fooled into liking Rex for a short time. I want to talk to him. I want to try to talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I gotta live with that.

So just sign your forms sonny and stop wasting my time.  

My favorite of all time was the Charlie Berkowitz "Breaking News: Jets to Sign Oso" thread (I can't remember exactly what it was called), but it got merged. I remember following that as it was happening and laughing myself silly at every new post.

Holy sh*t Bit, right off the bat. Lol.

Miss this cat:  

I dont think the high end of the market really changes much because of the reduced cap. Most of the big money contracts were signed back in 2007 and 2008 when the salary cap was around 120 million. Long term they will probably slow the growth of the big money contracts, but as of today someone like Aso will get as much now on the market as he would have gotten 2 or 3 years ago. The people that will be most affected now are the middle rung veterans that some teams would overpay for in the past, which is a big reason why the union got $6.5 million per team in cap exemptions for veterans.

My guess is Aso will end up going to a 5-7 win type team because those are the type of teams that will overvalue him. I think more savvy GM's will look at his age and the fact that he was never tested in Oakland as negatives. Aso not being thrown at might be as much about gameplanning a bad Raiders team as it was about him being great. You probably have to go back to 2007 or 2008 when Aso was actually considered a "bottleup" player. He knew his rep has slid around the league which is why he made comments last year about wanting to line up around the field more like Revis does rather than just being avoided because of the team situation. My guess is he will get a similar contract to Revis' from a team able to abosr the huge cap hit over three or four years. I cant see a team doing what the Jets did and spreading out bonuses over 6 years since no team is going to want to deal Aso at the age of 34 or 35 and worrying aout a 9 million dollar dead cap charge.

My favorite of all time was the Charlie Berkowitz "Breaking News: Jets to Sign Oso" thread (I can't remember exactly what it was called), but it got merged. I remember following that as it was happening and laughing myself silly at every new post.

JiF calling Josh Freeman a "future Hall of Famer" makes that thread something special. 

That JFtoLong had serious, serious issues.

anyone who observed this about Jif is ok in my book

Honestly, I have read enough of your posts to know that your football knowledge is less than my dog's. And I am not trying to be insulting, I am really not, you just absolutely have no clue about football.

You are a passionate fan, and I applaud you for that, but you really don't understand the game at all.

So I am not overly concerned with your analysis.

2.  Sanchez Sucks. 

Key Posts:

How did you miss this quote from Rutgers? Are you among the 86% of JN users that have him on ignore?

So, just for recording purposes, in the interest of keeping the running tally going...

We can't blame Sanchez for:

Tipped passes.

Interceptions.

Fumbles.

Hurries.

Sacks.

Bad decisions.

Staring down WR's.

The running game suffering in part due to the line being constantly stacked.

The defense being tired.

Cromartie not making circus catches.

Getting Kerley blown up by a safety on a wide open bomb. A bomb dude.

Anything Tebow.

That about cover it?

And JiF:

Jeff Cumberland is 6'4. He had to stretch out and reach behind him on a 5 yard pass. 5 yards. 5 YARDS!!!! That ball was 9 feet in the air and behind him, from 5 yards away. 5 yards.

9 year old kids bring home stuffed animals from the fair for having better accuracy.

But what made this thread a classic, to me, is it was in his 4th season and by then I'd already lost count of how many posts/threads were made on the subject of Sanchez's awfulness over his prior 3 seasons. Yet this one goes well over 100 pages. Too funny.

How did you miss this quote from Rutgers? Are you among the 86% of JN users that have him on ignore?

And JiF:

But what made this thread a classic, to me, is it was in his 4th season and by then I'd already lost count of how many posts/threads were made on the subject of Sanchez's awfulness over his prior 3 seasons. Yet this one goes well over 100 pages. Too funny.

Amongst all of them, that was definitely the thread I was most inspired to go back through because of this thread.  I realized I was even more ridiculously long winded in those days than I am now, which is really saying something.  I'm fairly certain that if it came down to word count, I probably took the lead in that thread, regardless of those who posted far more times than me (although I'd have no doubt you'd be in contention as well).

I have to say though, by far one of my most favorite and underrated exchanges from that entire thread has to be this one:

I would rather castrate myself with a rusty spoon than get into this debate.

Reading it again a year and a half later still had me cracking up.

Archived