Nolder's Haunted House of Horrors Mafia - Town Wins

Nolder

Is it last man standing? I see people voting for the lynching of folks.

No, the standard set up is, town vs. mafia.  Town tries to lynch mafia during the day, mafia kill town at night.  From there its about the mafia dwindling the town down to where they have the majority.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone teach me how to play this?

IN it's simplest form, its basically a team based game  played in forums between good (town) and evil (scum), each side trying to eliminate the other to end the game.  Good typically outnumbers evil by 2:1, but Evil has the advantage of information. They know their scummates (other evil people), and they know who the good people are. Additionally, they are able to communicate off thread, to strategize and coordinate efforts during the day phase in which 1 player in the game is voted to be lynched (removed from the game). Scum also ave the ability to kill a selected town memeber every night to further their agenda, when a player is night killed, he is eliminated from the game. .. The town meanwhile has no idea who is who, each player is alone, unable to communicate and strategize and not entirely sure who to trust as anyone can be scum. The game plays out where the townfolk try and gain information, while the scum try and limit the amount of information and cause chaos within the town.

That is it's basic form, town typically have some power rule which assist them in finding scum (cop) or protecting against night ills (doctor). Most games we play here are non beginning and have many different kind of variations  only limited by the mods imagination (mod is the person that creates the game, creates the flavor, writes the scenes, and makes the rules)

Here's some links w/more info. Happy to have  you! :)

http://toast.topped-with-meat.com/connector/mafia.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

IN it's simplest form, its basically a team based game  played in forums between good (town) and evil (scum), each side trying to eliminate the other to end the game.  Good typically outnumbers evil by 2:1, but Evil has the advantage of information. They know their scummates (other evil people), and they know who the good people are. Additionally, they are able to communicate off thread, to strategize and coordinate efforts during the day phase in which 1 player in the game is voted to be lynched (removed from the game). Scum also ave the ability to kill a selected town memeber every night to further their agenda, when a player is night killed, he is eliminated from the game. .. The town meanwhile has no idea who is who, each player is alone, unable to communicate and strategize and not entirely sure who to trust as anyone can be scum. The game plays out where the townfolk try and gain information, while the scum try and limit the amount of information and cause chaos within the town.

That is it's basic form, town typically have some power rule which assist them in finding scum (cop) or protecting against night ills (doctor). Most games we play here are non beginning and have many different kind of variations  only limited by the mods imagination (mod is the person that creates the game, creates the flavor, writes the scenes, and makes the rules)

Here's some links w/more info. Happy to have  you! :)

http://toast.topped-with-meat.com/connector/mafia.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

Awesome thank you. I did a little reading on Wiki and read about 10 pages of this thread until my comp froze and got dragged into duties at my job but I'll be reading up

Awesome thank you. I did a little reading on Wiki and read about 10 pages of this thread until my comp froze and got dragged into duties at my job but I'll be reading up

Most important question: Do you have a nickname? BG and Bleedin' are out. 

Smash and JIF as the two killers. I'm surprised they didn't both shoot each other on D1/N1 and end the game without town have to have to do much more than keep from drooling on our keyboards.

that would have been hilarious but I felt bad for JIF either way lucky ass AVM blocked me ....bastard

Archived