Sign in to follow this  
Gastineau Lives

The one defensive player I would love to have in Rd. 1

My top three at #18 (based on who I think will be available):

1. Jace Amaro

2. Marqise Lee

3. Odell Beckham Jr

Interesting to see you have Amaro above Lee. Do you have Amaro above Ebron as well or you don't think he'll be available at 18?

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix was a five star prospect and is from the SEC, exactly the same combination you constantly regurgitate on here and is likely to be on the board, thus why I mentioned it.  I made the snarky comment because you make predictions on Idzik's thinking based off of one year and act like it's fact. 

My prediction depend on what we do in FA, but if I'm putting my Idzik cap on, I think Ha-Ha has to be a clear-cut favorite. Earl Thomas-like, 5 star recruit, championship winner, SEC, very good athlete and fits a position of huge need. 

How great would it be if the Jets drafted him and this was displayed on the jumbo-tron after every big hit he made...

001.jpg

Edited by TuscanyTile2

The inherent flaw with that logic is that you have no idea who's available at 18 without saying how it falls.  You can say this, but what happens when Watkins, Evans, Lee, Ebron are all off the board and one of the top defensive prospects falls to 18? On top of that, it's an extremely deep draft at WR, so there's a very good chance you get a good player falling to #50, where Idzik could use an extra pick to move up a few spots if someone he really likes is there.

There is 2 good TE in the draft , 5 good WR in the draft ,without being a reach and 1 or 2 going to be there at 18 , the Jets need OT , OG and RB there are many needs without take another defensive player and hearing all the complaints , D the first 2 rounds the last 2 years

Bingo.

After seeing 4 safeties go in this first round, clearly I was wrong about Pryor being a reach. the value of the safety position has changed in this league and, it's a lesson learned.

Well done buddy. Nice call for back in Feb. 

Edited by bitonti

After seeing 4 safeties go in this first round, clearly I was wrong about Pryor being a reach. the value of the safety position has changed in this league and, it's a lesson learned.

Well done buddy. Nice call for back in Feb. 

Thank, Bit. He reminded me of Bob Sanders, one of my favorite non-Jets and drafting him for me, meant that we were comfortable at CB, which is hardly the case now that it has all played out and they didn't address the position in free agency (Patterson does not count for me) but they're comfortable enough I guess.

Edited by Gastineau Lives

Thank, Bit. He reminded me of Bob Sanders, one of my favorite non-Jets and drafting him for me, meant that we were comfortable at CB, which is hardly the case now that it has all played out and they didn't address the position in free agency (Patterson does not count for me) but they're comfortable enough I guess.

if you look at Jason's cap site, Patterson is something crazy like the 10 th highest paid Jet this year. More a function of how few people are getting money from this team right now, but still. 

Bob Sanders is a nice comparison. Pryor isn't as fast but he's also considerably larger. 

My top three at #18 (based on who I think will be available):

1. Jace Amaro

2. Marqise Lee

3. Odell Beckham Jr

Happy now ass bag?