My new year's vow......

Boozer76

I vow that if Herm Edwards is given the extension that he is demanding right now, I will no longer watch nor attend a Jets game so long as he is the coach. This man somehow weaseled an extension after going 6-10 and is now trying to do it again after a 4-12 season. Enough is enough. Anyone can plainly see that his timing on this demand has alot more to do with the KC rumors than it does with his current contract with the Jets.

Woody needs to see this demand for exactly what it is: A ploy to try to either get long term security and money from the Jets without merit, or to use it as an excuse to get out now and go to KC. If Herm doesn't get the extension his next move will be to ty and get out of his current contract citing that he doesn't feel the Jets are willing to commit to him. This gives him the excuse to try and leave without looking like he "quit" on the team himself.

The bottom line is he doesn't deserve an extension. Honestly I don't think he deserves to be a coach at all but that is my opinion and others obviously disagree. But anyone who thinks he deserves to get another extension right now while he still has 2 years left is a nutcase.

So, as it pertains to my new year's vow, I will state publicly that if he does get an extension I will no longer watch nor attend a NY Jets game at all during Herm's tenure. I will continue to purchase my season tickets so I can use them when the team regains their sanity some point down the line, but not until then. This includes playoffs games and, not that I will EVER have to worry about it but, the super bowl. I will sell all home game tickets to Jets fans only at face value only. Don't let me down Woody.

If Herm is the coach next year but did not get his undeserved extension, I will continue to watch and attend games as normal knowing that while the Jets haven't yet gotten rid of this clown, they haven't completely lost their sanity and at least realize that Herm doesn't deserve any more than he has aready received.

I've heard this little speech 10,000 times from 10,000 different fans. Herm'll stay and you'll still watch & attend.

If Bolly is cut, however, there may be a "situation"

I didn't say "stay", I said "receives an extension". Pay attention you alien fool.

Think outside the box, boys. Since mid-year, KC rumors have been rampant. Vermeil announces his retirement today. Herm wants a contract extension - after a disastrous injury riddled season. Hmmmm??? Could this cause some tension? Could this be a way for the Jets to rid themselves of Herm, and Herm to be free to go.....um, to KC? Could this all be a farce? :wink:

Think outside the box, boys. Since mid-year, KC rumors have been rampant. Vermeil announces his retirement today. Herm wants a contract extension - after a disastrous injury riddled season. Hmmmm??? Could this cause some tension? Could this be a way for the Jets to rid themselves of Herm, and Herm to be free to go.....um, to KC? Could this all be a farce? :wink:

Farce? Well, Herm did pull the same sht back in '03 with the "Atlanta wants me" speil.

Look, the status quo must change. If Woody is too cheap to eat Herm's contract, fine, get rid of Bradway and just tell the new GM "You're stuck with Herm for two more years, deal with it".

The dynamic between Herm and Bradway just aint jibeing.

I think they both suck, but priority number 1 is getting ready for the draft, so this would be a good time to find a GM who can handle it, and not be worked like a ventriliquist dummy, like Bradway always is.

I understand exactly how Boozer thinks. I'm still going to follow this team, and I will probably go to a few early season games. But my expectation is that this team is gonna suck something awful next year. And I cannot understand how anyone can look at this regime and say they deserve another year. 2006 figures to be a wasted season when Johnson could just as easily start the wrecking ball tommorrow morning that he will be using at the same time next year anyway if Bradway and Edwards are brought back.

Bottom line-our owner is too scared or stupid to not waste the 2006 season.

I've already stated that I will not root for or watch the Jets if Herm is here next year and I'm sticking too it. I will get my info second hand. I waited 20 years for Hess to finally get it. I do not have 20 more years to waiste on richie rich.

If only KC can come in and swoop Herm up like NE did with BB. Carl Peterson just might be stupid enough after all he couldn't get enough talent together to have Dick Vermiel make a playoff run.

I've already stated that I will not root for or watch the Jets if Herm is here next year and I'm sticking too it. I will get my info second hand. I waited 20 years for Hess to finally get it. I do not have 20 more years to waiste on richie rich.

If only KC can come in and swoop Herm up like NE did with BB. Carl Peterson just might be stupid enough after all he couldn't get enough talent together to have d!ck Vermiel make a playoff run.

Richie Rich. =D>

I can't imagine Carl peterson being that stupid.

If only KC can come in and swoop Herm up like NE did with BB. Carl Peterson just might be stupid enough after all he couldn't get enough talent together to have d!ck Vermiel make a playoff run.

I'll root for them if he is here next year. Just not if he actually gets the extension he is asking for. Just to be clear.

Archived