Thank God!... bye bye Santonio...

JETS ROCK!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/27/jets-are-expected-to-cut-santonio-holmes-any-day-now/

Jets are expected to cut Santonio Holmes any day now

Posted by Mike Florio on February 27, 2014, 12:37 PM EST

holmes.jpg?w=229

Four years ago, the Jets swung a deal with the Steelers for receiver Santonio Holmes.  Any day now, the Super Bowl XLIII MVP will be both a former Steeler and a former Jet.

Per a league source, the Jets soon will be cutting Holmes, who is due to earn a base salary of $8.25 million in 2014.  He has said he’d consider taking a pay cut, but either that wasn’t an option or the two sides couldn’t agree on an acceptable pay rate.

With so many veteran receivers due to hit the market on March 11, and given Holmes’ struggles to perform at a high level in the four seasons since arriving, it makes sense for both sides to move on.

Limited to only four games in 2012 due to a foot injury that lingered into 2013, Holmes’ best year with the Jets came in 2011, when he started every game but generated only 654 receiving yards.

As a vested veteran, Holmes immediately would become a free agent once he’s released.  And before the usual dot-connecting process suggests that Holmes will reunite with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and the receiver-needy Rams, keep in mind that things were a bit rocky to say the least in the final days of Schottenheimer’s time with the Jets.

A more realistic possibility would be the Cardinals, where former Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians is the head coach.  Or how about a Plaxico-style return to Pittsburgh, which soon will be losing Emmanuel Sanders to free agency?

Either way, Holmes will surely get another chance to play like he once did in Pittsburgh.  But not for the kind of cash he earned in New York, where the Jets gave him $24 million guaranteed as part of a contract signed in 2011.

I'll never forget exactly where I was when I first saw the NY Post cover with the champagne bottle, and the feeling that came over me. Good riddance

Double good riddance.  What a head case.  A total waste.I was afraid Idzik would resign this jerk on an incentive based contract or some nonsense like that.  His value has dwindled with the injuries and histoy of being a malcontent that I was scared he might try to wiggle his way back onto the Jet roster.  Idzik didnt blink getting rid of Bart Scott so it seems he's staying the course of cleaning house.  Next up.....The Suckchise Mark Sanchez.  I hope idzik has an egoless mindset and also gets rid of Eugene once he fully sees he made a mistake wasting a 2nd round pick on him.      

Rams, Cardinals and Steelers are projected landing spots for him. I hope it's a team that drafts before us. 

Bradford to Holmes with Schotty at the helm.  Wow.  That could be good for 450 yards and 2 touchdowns if they all stay healthy.  :)

They fired REX?

I wonder how long that will be funny to you... or interesting… or worthy of writing.  Will you be yet another one who just brings up the same topic over and over for years and yeeeaars and yeeeeeeeeeeeaaarrrrrsssss  ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

:D

I wonder how long that will be funny to you... or interesting… or worthy of writing.  Will you be yet another one who just brings up the same topic over and over for years and yeeeaars and yeeeeeeeeeeeaaarrrrrsssss  ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

:biggrin:

That actually will ALWAYS be funny to me. But no, if you look at my record, I very rarely bring up the same topic.......................uh, unless its about Rex, Geno, Manziel, Sanchez, Vick, or Coors Light. Actually a pretty diverse subject matter.

That actually will ALWAYS be funny to me. But no, if you look at my record, I very rarely bring up the same topic.......................uh, unless its about Rex, Geno, Manziel, Sanchez, Vick, or Coors Light. Actually a pretty diverse subject matter.

I'm not one to go looking through records. Unless of course we're talking about vinyl and then it just makes me cry any way.  

I am one to just say whatever I feel like at the moment though. At that moment I had a hankering to type some Zzzzzzzzzz's  

I think Zzz's are an underused commodity. Kinda like red contact lenses that make your eyes seem bloody. I wonder why no one uses them. 

Yet in other threads people are talking about signing guys like Britt and Nicks. The irony.

Let them talk. I believe Idzik is changing the attitude around here. He said it in the "REX IS OUR COACH" Speech.   "Confidence!  Not Cocky!"

There's a difference and I'm not so sure Rex knew that exactly. Idzik is getting rid of the punks and poison. Holmes was that. I would be surprised to see him bring in someone who has caused problems on another team like Britt. 

I'm not one to go looking through records. Unless of course we're talking about vinyl and then it just makes me cry any way.  

I am one to just say whatever I feel like at the moment though. At that moment I had a hankering to type some Zzzzzzzzzz's  

I think Zzz's are an underused commodity. Kinda like red contact lenses that make your eyes seem bloody. I wonder why no one uses them. 

We're all good. I'm not the lowest rated poster for nothing.

Archived