Thank God!... bye bye Santonio...

JETS ROCK!

can someone fill me in on why bitonto seems to think he understands exactly the way idzik thinks? 

Because he took something that was said one time, butchered the quote to chop it down to a fraction of what was actually said, interpreted it to mean something else that did not align with the original statement nor even the slaughtered quote, and then still somehow convinced himself it was all reality?  You know, standard practice.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because he took something that was said one time, butchered the quote to chop it down to a fraction of what was actually said, interpreted it to mean something else that did not align with the original statement nor even the slaughtered quote, and then still somehow convinced himself it was all reality?  You know, standard practice.

bowling ball with butcher knives'd

This whole pile of crap looks like dueling straw men to me.

Tannenbauououhhhccchh.  cack.  thloo.  Threw up again.  Can't say that name.  But yeah, one of the worst contracts and poorest decisions in his illustrious history.  Second only to the Tebow Debacle.  And maybe Sanchez extension.  Or possibly the cutting of Cotchery for Mason.  Or maybe trading away the entire future of the franchise or dumping Woodhead and replacing him with McKnight who cost two draft picks.  Wow.  i could go on for paragraphs.

The Sanchez extension was the worst of those you mentioned. Nothing else was close. It led to Tebow, and the two of them together led to never seriously considering Russell Wilson a month later. Oh yeah, and it ate up a stupid amount of cap space that wasn't used on others.

We cut Cotchery by his own request, after the team told him he would be #3 at best. So he wanted off the team and we granted his wish. Then he signs with Pittsburgh to be their #4 or #5 WR for less money than he was getting here. A good part of the reason we signed Mason was because we were going to be letting Cotchery go. So many consecutive, productive years plus Rex knowing him added to that signing. Didn't help that Cotchery had (statistically) the worst hands on the team the prior season.

I liked him plenty while he was here, and would still welcome him back, but there were multiple reports that he was becoming a whiny bitch to anyone who would listen because he wasn't given assurances that he'd be starting.

The Sanchez extension was the worst of those you mentioned. Nothing else was close. It led to Tebow, and the two of them together led to never seriously considering Russell Wilson a month later. Oh yeah, and it ate up a stupid amount of cap space that wasn't used on others.

We cut Cotchery by his own request, after the team told him he would be #3 at best. So he wanted off the team and we granted his wish. Then he signs with Pittsburgh to be their #4 or #5 WR for less money than he was getting here. A good part of the reason we signed Mason was because we were going to be letting Cotchery go. So many consecutive, productive years plus Rex knowing him added to that signing. Didn't help that Cotchery had (statistically) the worst hands on the team the prior season.

I liked him plenty while he was here, and would still welcome him back, but there were multiple reports that he was becoming a whiny bitch to anyone who would listen because he wasn't given assurances that he'd be starting.

letting woodhead go was pretty bad too.

Very well said.  The Cotchery thing is the one in particular that I always find most absurd, and is usually strong evidence of those grasping at straws just to have something else to whine about, considering that not only was Cotchery's release by his own request (and as you pointed out, no team was willing to offer him as good of an opportunity as he had with the Jets), but occurred prior to the Mason signing.  Meanwhile, Kerley outperformed both of those boobs.

There was plenty that was bad. But nothing crippled the team like that clown of a QB.

that extention still boggles the mind. i guess the only explanation is that tanny and rex had blinders on and couldn't see a way sanchez didn't make a big leap and convinced themself they would be getting him a lot cheaper if they did the deal when they did.

Archived