Melo's Farewell Tour--Remainder of 2013-2014 NY Knicks Thread

SMC

Other than a miracle which would be trading.any of our garbage for something of value, Phil can probably just spend this season in cryogenic sleep resting for 2015.

Wait, he's not already in cryogenic sleep?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm already wistful for the Carmelo Anthony Era. We were so close, guys. So close.

N0ts lose to the Raptors after spending $300 million in the offseason and trading every 1st rounder until 2025, and it's going to be a LOLathon in here.

• 3 weeks later...

Kerr has decided that between lifestyle of North Cali, the daily circus act that is Jim Dolan, the island of broken toys Knicks' roster with few draft picks on the horizon, he'll go the Golden State instead.

Uh oh. Time for the next greatest next great coach to figure this mess out. PLACE YOUR BETS.

No idea if Mark Jackson becomes a candidate.

Kerr made the no brainer move.

Now this gives Melo more reason to leave. Jax told Melo over their steak dinner that Kerr was going to be the coach. Jax couldn't close the deal so that pokes a hole in any argument that Jax can sign top players. If he can't even attract his mentee what makes Melo believe Jax could sign anyone of significance?

Future so bright, Knicks fans gotta wear shades.

Are you really talking after Drago spent $200 million to win 1 game in the second round of the playoffs and committed $160 million combined to PG with no ankles and a C with 1 foot?

Really, T0m? Really?

CHICAGO – Knicks GM Steve Mills huddled with Scottie Pippen for about 15 minutes Thursday at the draft combine to gauge the legendary Bull’s interest in potentially working for the organization in some capacity, possibly as an assistant coach, according to an NBA source.

Knicks president Phil Jackson, stung by the Steve Kerr rejection, would have interest in Pippen in some capacity, depending on who is hired as head coach. Pippen has the title of advisor with the Bulls.

When asked by The Post about potentially working with Jackson, Pippen said, “I haven’t talked to Phil. I have to wait until that time comes. Right now nothing’s out there. I’m not going to say whether I’m interested or not until it happens.’’

Jackson was in town Thursday, but did not show up at the gym where the players staged their workouts.

Pippen once called Kerr his favorite teammate. Kerr was with Pippen for three of the Bulls’ championships.

“I was a little bit surprised,’’ Pippen said of Kerr not taking the Knicks job. “I thought the familiarity working with Phil, able to run the offense, having Phil there to mentor him as much as possible, made it a bit of a surprise. I think at the end of the day, Golden State is probably the better team. They have a lot more upside.

“I think he’s a great guy and will make a great coach,’’ Pippen added. “He’s one of the few teammates I still stay in touch with. He has a great personality. He’ll be great in coaching.’’

Pippen wouldn’t be shocked to see Jackson coach again.

“Phil pretty much has a license to do what he wants right now,’’ Pippen said. “Will he do it? Not sure. It’s going to take some time to see his work, but he’s a guy who can turn it around.’’

• 2 weeks later...

The owner is too busy winning.

Serious question--how do the Rangers avoid the toxicity of MSG?

Did Dolan just give Sather his own kingdom?

Also, do the Rangers and Knicks share the same medical staff? If so, the Daily News did a disservice in claiming the Dolan was "meddling" with Jax. Jax has no right to unilaterally can the Rangers co-medical team.

Serious question--how do the Rangers avoid the toxicity of MSG?

Did Dolan just give Sather his own kingdom?

Also, do the Rangers and Knicks share the same medical staff? If so, the Daily News did a disservice in claiming the Dolan was "meddling" with Jax. Jax has no right to unilaterally can the Rangers co-medical team.

Hockey doesn't allow Jimmy to hobnob. He's more concerned with the Rockettes than the Rangers.

Archived