Melo's Farewell Tour--Remainder of 2013-2014 NY Knicks Thread

SMC

Thankfully, Thor performed euthanasia on last thread.

The big issue now will be whether the Knicks become the first team in NBA history to go from 50 wins to 50 losses returning same coach and top 5 scorers.

I think Melo is as good as gone, which will make some Knicks fans happy. Either way, these may be his last 23 games with the Knicks.

Rock bottom is approaching as T0m rejoices.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T0m, Knicks are 11 losses away from 50. Do you think it happens?

It'll be the 5th time they lost 50 or more in the last 9 years.

What's crazy is that since the 1976 merger, Knicks only lost 50 games or more 4 times before then.

T0m, Knicks are 11 losses away from 50. Do you think it happens?

It'll be the 5th time they lost 50 or more in the last 9 years.

What's crazy is that since the 1976 merger, Knicks only lost 50 games or more 4 times before then.

I think the team has quit and Dolan is too stubborn to fire Woodson, so it's a death spiral right now. Please promise to live-post during the lottery.

He's a check-casher. He'll take Dolan's money, dictate who the next coach is, and happily put up 30 shots for next year's lottery team.

He'll never be happy on a lottery team when all his buds are on playoff teams.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

He's a check-casher. He'll take Dolan's money, dictate who the next coach is, and happily put up 30 shots for next year's lottery team.

We'll find out a lot about him in the coming months. 

I really have no idea how he's valued on the open market to be honest. 

I think the team has quit and Dolan is too stubborn to fire Woodson, so it's a death spiral right now. Please promise to live-post during the lottery.

I'll still post.

It only makes sense if Dolan is not trying to piss of a name coach by firing Woody.

We'll find out a lot about him in the coming months.

I really have no idea how he's valued on the open market to be honest.

At least you admit that.

Your claim that no one would sign him was insane.

At least you admit that.

Your claim that no one would sign him was insane.

I know he'd play somewhere....point being IDK how much he's worth to a team that's looking to win a title. Is Melo willing to be a final piece type of player? He's never had to be that. He's never really had to adjust his game. His career has always been about getting his shots.

I know he'd play somewhere....point being IDK how much he's worth to a team that's looking to win a title. Is Melo willing to be a final piece type of player? He's never had to be that. He's never really had to adjust his game. His career has always been about getting his shots.

We'll see.

If I had to bet, he'll sign with Bulls for less than max.

We'll see.

If I had to bet, he'll sign with Bulls for less than max.

Pairing Dolan with Melo was destined for failure. Dolan will never cede power to a coach and he's so scared of Melo leaving he lets him do whatever he wants. Melo needs a coach that's going to challnege him. I don't know if he wants it back.

Pairing Dolan with Melo was destined for failure. Dolan will never cede power to a coach and he's so scared of Melo leaving he lets him do whatever he wants. Melo needs a coach that's going to challnege him. I don't know if he wants it back.

I agree with this except for last sentence.

Melo wants to win. Only dolts like T0m thinks he'll rather lose to put up shots. Thibs will push Melo and Melo will play well under him.

I agree with this except for last sentence.

Melo wants to win. Only dolts like T0m thinks he'll rather lose to put up shots. Thibs will push Melo and Melo will play well under him.

The wife has a say too you know. Dont underestimate that.

Thibs will push Melo and Melo will play well under him.

Maybe for a season, save for them winning a title in year one. Between defense, accountability, and running players into the ground, Thibs will wear on Melo quickly if they don't at least make it to the Finals.

Yeah, I can't wait to watch Jabari Parker or Wiggins put on a Nuggets jersey. I'd be willing to bet the Knicks didn't even broach the idea of lottery-protecting the picks they shipped to Denver...

Under "The Knicks receive" they put Carmelo, signed it and sent it back for the nuggets to fill out the rest. Steve Mills this year didn't realize you can hang up the phone and have the Clippers call you back at the trade deadline. He had a deal in place to move Shump to OKC, Clippers didn't want that. When you have a bunch of guys hired by Donald Sterling sitting in a room laughing at you on speaker phone that's beyond incompetence.

Yeah, I can't wait to watch Jabari Parker or Wiggins put on a Nuggets jersey. I'd be willing to bet the Knicks didn't even broach the idea of lottery-protecting the picks they shipped to Denver...

Heck, Dolan didn't know you could pull off trades before December 15.

Maybe for a season, save for them winning a title in year one. Between defense, accountability, and running players into the ground, Thibs will wear on Melo quickly if they don't at least make it to the Finals.

With a healthy Rose and Melo next year, the Bulls would reach the Finals.

Under "The Knicks receive" they put Carmelo, signed it and sent it back for the nuggets to fill out the rest. Steve Mills this year didn't realize you can hang up the phone and have the Clippers call you back at the trade deadline. He had a deal in place to move Shump to OKC, Clippers didn't want that. When you have a bunch of guys hired by Donald Sterling sitting in a room laughing at you on speaker phone that's beyond incompetence.

I still don't get how they not make that OKC trade.

Firing Woodson now is pointless. You get another guy in here who might have some dead cat bounce effect to gum up the hunt for a new coach.

Wonder if it dawns on Dolan that in the age of the internet with it's high NY taxes MSG is simply not a big deal any more.The Garden is just another arena/mall with loud music and overpiced beer.

Melo gets compared to Bernard King. But think King was a nicer guy and a smarter player who was robbed by injury. Melo has been indulged here and made his own bed. Doubt it will ever get better for him. For all his scoring ability he has a stupid/selfish streak that will ultimately always undo him.

Firing Woodson now is pointless. You get another guy in here who might have some dead cat bounce effect to gum up the hunt for a new coach.

Wonder if it dawns on DOlan that in the age of the internet with it's high NY taxes MSG is simply not a big deal any more.The Garden is jsut another arena/mall with loaud music and overpiced beer.

Melo gets compared to Bernard King. But think King was a nicer guy and a smarter player who was robbed by injury. Melo has been indulged here and made his own bed. Doubt it will ever get better for him. For all his scoring ability he has a stupid/selfish streak that will ultimately always undo him.

I don't know if it's a selfish thing he just has his comfort zone and doesn't want to be challenged. He'll always get by on natural talent....but that doesn't really translate to wins or legit teams.

The whole team is an embarrassment

This.

I've never seen a team tank and not have a draft pick.

With Melo leaving now they can finally rebuild. They still have a 2015 first and a lot of cap space. They better not ruin that.

Also, Tyson said he doesn't want to be part of rebuilding. If they can trade him for some picks and matching expirings that would be ideal.

Archived