Dee Ford clocked unofficial forty times of 4.53 & 4.59

BroadwayJoe12

Auburn DE Dee Ford clocked unofficial forty times of 4.53 and 4.59 at the Tigers' Pro Day Tuesday.
Ford measured in at 6-foot-2 1/8 and 244 pounds after weighing in at 252 at the Scouting Combine. He also benched 225 pounds 29 times, recorded a 35 1/2-inch vertical and 10-foot-4 broad jump Tuesday. It's very possible he dropped weight to run a quicker forty. In reality, he should be running forties this quickly because he's pretty light. Ford didn't work out at the Combine due to medical reasons. This should solidify Ford as a first-round pick in May.

Not a bad showing, pretty explosive.  I would have liked to see some of the linebacker drills, as he's rumored to practice with the defensive backs at Auburn a lot and it seems with his longish arms, he could be a possible 34 OLB candidate. 

Not expecting a DE/OLB prospect until the mid-late rounds, and it's going to be someone taller and/or heavier. Something like an Adrian Hubbard in the 4th or James Gayle in the 5th/6th. Not THAT much of a need and some of these mid-round guys are interesting. I can also see them going with an outright LBer like Zumwalt late.

Wouldn't be on the Ford wagon anyway. I'd like to go offense or with some luck an elite DB or pass rusher. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived