Jets were awarded CB Johnny Patrick

eboozer

Guy was a 3rd round pick and has never been on the street.  He's started games for the Saints and Chargers.  He's not a guy you necessarily expect to have a roster spot but he has a fair chance.  He is probably a better chance than Aaron Berry who everybody started accepting as a potential starter for some reason.  

Interesting thing about him is that he is not big like Idzik is supposed to like them or a particularly good man corner like Rex likes.  Most of the scouting reports scream zone.  I hope he is a good special teamer. 

Today the New York Jets claimed corner back  Johnny Patrick off waivers.  The 25 year old Patrick was waived by the San Diego Chargers on Tuesday after playing 13 games with them in the 2013 .

Johnny Patrick tweeted out today that he was excited to become part of Jets Nation.

Patrick was drafted by the New Orleans Saints in 2011 in the third round and spent two years playing there. He primarily plays nickel and slot corner but the signing of Patrick adds depth to the position. We will keep you posted when other roster moves occur.

Make sure to visit our and see what the rest of Jets Nation is saying about the  signing.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
TW8Y871w8vg

View the full article

A slot guy?

Rex did say that kyle stays in the slot ONLY because he's our best slot corner. If we get a slot corner kyle mite get his own island

I like this plan, but the islanders also made me hate myself tonight and realized we're all a bunch of rabbits chasing a non existent carrot. Let's just l make Kyle Wilson the #1 CB

SCARY GOOD!! :puke2:

IMO, they need to direct their entire free agent push toward Alterraun Verner. Instantly makes this an entirely different defense. Milliner sucked for much of the year, but Cromartie straight-up lost them games last year by himself.

IMO, they need to direct their entire free agent push toward Alterraun Verner. Instantly makes this an entirely different defense. Milliner sucked for much of the year, but Cromartie straight-up lost them games last year by himself.

:lock:

It's an interesting approach, if you get Verner then there's really no spot on the roster for Cro quite honestly. Not going to push Milliner down to 3 and Wilson to 4, won't happen. Difference in price would be noticeable but not that bad.

Cro is history but this guy is not the answer.  Cro will be cut and NOT be resigned.  He has a hip injury, would still be expensive and was just awful last year. 

Time to move on. Idzik is known to turn over the roster.  This is his chance to really put his mark on the team.  Patrick provides good depth but we still need a #1 CB. 

Would be extremely disappointed if this is all we do as far as the secondary is concerned.  We also need a quality safety to bolster the secondary.  

Cro is history but this guy is not the answer.  Cro will be cut and NOT be resigned.  He has a hip injury, would still be expensive and was just awful last year. 

Time to move on. Idzik is known to turn over the roster.  This is his chance to really put his mark on the team.  Patrick provides good depth but we still need a #1 CB. 

Would be extremely disappointed if this is all we do as far as the secondary is concerned.  We also need a quality safety to bolster the secondary.  

Disagree Cro will be back at a reduced rate. The Jets are 1 of the youngest teams in the NFL every team needs veterans like Cro the guy came here with a lot of off field baggage and was never really a problem player here.

A slot guy?

Rex did say that kyle stays in the slot ONLY because he's our best slot corner. If we get a slot corner kyle mite get his own island

The Kyle Isle? I don't think so, unless we give him the "island" and a speedboat to chase down the receivers that walk pass his supreme island.

I agree.

It's an interesting approach, if you get Verner then there's really no spot on the roster for Cro quite honestly. Not going to push Milliner down to 3 and Wilson to 4, won't happen. Difference in price would be noticeable but not that bad.

Milliner was the #1 CB down the stretch, and did a great job there. If Cormartie comes back, he won't be ahead of him.

I expect the Jets to release Cromartie, and that he'll test the waters. Whether he comes back or not will depend on what kind of offers he gets from other teams. His injury, and whether he can come back from it, also play a major role here. I'd think the Jets will want to upgrade their CBs, and that Cro would probably only be brought back cheap as a #4 behind Milliner, a new free agent/draft pick, and Wilson.

Milliner was the #1 CB down the stretch, and did a great job there. If Cormartie comes back, he won't be ahead of him.

I expect the Jets to release Cromartie, and that he'll test the waters. Whether he comes back or not will depend on what kind of offers he gets from other teams. His injury, and whether he can come back from it, also play a major role here. I'd think the Jets will want to upgrade their CBs, and that Cro would probably only be brought back cheap as a #4 behind Milliner, a new free agent/draft pick, and Wilson.

That is the one thing I don't see happening.  Cro won't be that cheap. They will cut him.  He will look for a better deal, The Jets will look at better CBs.  If neither finds anything they like better they will sign him back.  I hope for an upgrade. I can't see Cro taking #4 money and IMO he'd still be ahead of WIlson even if Milliner is #1

That is the one thing I don't see happening.  Cro won't be that cheap. They will cut him.  He will look for a better deal, The Jets will look at better CBs.  If neither finds anything they like better they will sign him back.  I hope for an upgrade. I can't see Cro taking #4 money and IMO he'd still be ahead of WIlson even if Milliner is #1

I agree on his future, but I still think he'd be the #4 with Wilson maintaining his slot role. If there was an injury to one of the starters, though, I'd expect him to jump Wilson and fill in.

Archived