Scary thought-Edwards' input on the draft

Bugg

Heard both Buttle on the radio and Solomon Wilcotts on tv(why do they jets get the idiot announcers, along with no HDTV?; another thread) say that Edwards had told them that he thought a shutdown CB was a draft priority.

The Jets have devoted numerous picks and FAs to DBs. There's an attempted PhD paper running around at the Ganggreen.com that lays it out better than I could. During the same period of this administration, they've allowed the OL to go to hell in a handbasket. Edwards came in as a DB coach. So far, that has made the secondary not a bit better than the day Al Groh took off for UVA.

Point being-bad enough this Idiot may get his job back between this afternoon and April. If the Jets spend a top pick,or even any pick in the first 4 rounds on DBs, they could set new records for managerial incompetence. This would be like taking Bryan Thomas(admittedly a decent avaerage DE, but not worth his draft spot) with Ellis and Abraham under contract-par of the course.

Again-Edwards told at least 2 media people that the big need is shutdown corner. He never shuts up. Is this guy effed in the head?

I really have to say-I'm a wits end. This franchise cannot spend another year allowing this fiasco to go on without doing serious damage to it's fan base.

Isn't that what Ty Law was supposed to be?

**** ty law, what the hell why the hell draft j miller if they didn't think he could play corner?

if herm has a hard on for another corner - after the miller and strait picks, than the jets used their first 2 picks last year on special teams players.

Yes, and he was.

So, this moron wants to get rid of his "shut-down"cornerback and go waste the 4th pick in the draft on another one? Great idea. Should really improve that 4-12 team. :roll:

Uh... IS there a shutdown corner avalible in this draft? Or, I thought that with the Cover Who, the concept of the shutdown corner was lost?

Archived