Sprole Cut. FA that we could use!

eboozer

Sorry, meant to say "Getting Cut".... Retweeted by Adam Schefter

Darren Sproles ‏@DarrenSproles · 34m

Thank you New Orleans for your support over the past 3 years! I will always be forever grateful. #WhoDat

I posted the article earlier about them releasing Sproles, Moore, and Thomas. Both Sproles and Moore have been released... Just a matter of time before they cut Thomas too. Honestly, I'd be happy with any of the three for the right price. Specifically Sproles though. He could be just what we need for a pass catcher out of the backfield. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Report: Saints releasing Darren Sproles

Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 7, 2014, 6:32 PM EST

Darren Sproles, Mike AdamsAP

The Saints are reportedly releasing one of their key running backs.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, the Saints are cutting Darren Sproles, the 30-year-old pass-catching back who’s spent the last three seasons with New Orleans.

However, a league source tells PFT’s Mike Florio that New Orleans has yet to release Sproles and that efforts to trade him continue. However, Sproles will be released if he cannot be dealt.

Sproles hauled in 71 passes for 604 yards and two TDs in 2013. He also rushed for 220 yards and two scores on 53 carries.

The apparent impending departure of Sproles is the latest move by the Saints to retool a skilled-but-aging roster. Moreover, a trade or release of Sproles would save the Saints quite a bit of money; Sproles is due $3.4 million in salary and a $100,000 workout bonus, per Rotoworld.com salary data.

I posted the article earlier about them releasing Sproles, Moore, and Thomas. Both Sproles and Moore have been released... Just a matter of time before they cut Thomas too. Honestly, I'd be happy with any of the three for the right price. Specifically Sproles though. He could be just what we need for a pass catcher out of the backfield.

Sorry, I missed that. It was on page 2 in the forum. I guess they can merge if they want.

Considering the Jets are all but guaranteed to have questionable options at QB this year, regardless of what they do at the position, this is exactly the kind of player they need.  Certainly need to be wary of giving a RB in his 30s a huge deal, but if they can work out something similar with Sproles like they did with LT, I think it would be a great option.

This is an RB that will help ANY Jets QB. I think Jets need to start their engines and make a run at him and catch him before he's long gone. We've missed that pass catching RB since LT retired.

I would go for Sproles in a heartbeat. This is a game changer type of player and could be the perfect security blanket for Geno as he moves into his second year. The perfect weapon to go along with the 1st rd pick of Ebron, 2nd rd of Amaro and James Jones in FA.

It's gonna be a good year!!

Sproles for reasonable $ is a no brainer. Adding Sproles, Nicks and drafting Beckham would allow us to spread a defense. Better for ivory to ground and pound. Geno would then get a chance to develop with less pressure. Add Byrd and Davis to the defense, resign Cro cheaper and we have a top 5 D, a 15-20th type O.

I know you're new here, but we decided a while ago that gr---- and p-----d is one of those terms we don't use here. It can get you banned. I'm not kidding.

What do you think it would take for a team to trade for Sproles?
3rd rd. pick?
He has a Cap # of $4.25 mil and is in the last year of his deal.

He'll be playing for a contract this year, so either the Jets trade for and extend him, or they rent him for a year which I don't see happening.

He would be a very good asset in place of Goodson, who if cut gives us $ 1.3 mil cap saving.

I say we pass and try to find a Sproles type player with our 3rd rd. pick.

Archived