2014 JetNation Mock Draft Sign Up Thread

HessStation

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im in, I just need to know how to play. I'll stay in my division and pick the Bills & Patriots

I have a couple questions as well...

1) When is the mock taking place?

2) How much time will we get for each pick?

3) Who is keeping track of the picks?

4) Where are the picks going to be posted?

Soooo basically yeah, what Villain said... how's this whole thing going down?

Some of the basic rules will be as followed....

Draft Rules:

1. Each "GM" will have 3 hours to make his selection/pick. If the pick is not in on time, dabatesman will make the pick. If dbatesman doesn't make the pick within the hour, the next team in line can make both picks.

2. No Trades

3. Game/Draft hours are 8am-8pm Monday through Friday. Feel free to make as many selections during off hours, including weekends. In fact, you are ENCOURAGED to do so. 

4. After you make your selection YOU MUST PM the next team's GM notifying him that, he is on the clock. 

5.16 players, each player has two teams.

6. You will be given a Link to Draft Order Example: http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2014.php

-There will be a DRAFT Discussion Thread: To talk about picks whatnot

-There will be a DRAFT Selection Thread: for SELECTIONS ONLY.

-There will be a DRAFT Order & Results Thread: i.e. basically a tracker.

Some of the basic rules will be as followed....

Draft Rules:

-Each "GM" will have 3 hours to make his selection/pick. If the pick is not in on time, the next team in line can make both picks.

-You will be given a Link to Draft Order

-Game hours are 8am-8pm Monday through Friday. Feel free to make as many selections during off hours, including weekends. 

-After you make your selection YOU MUST PM the next team's GM notifying him that, he is on the clock. 

-16 players, each player has two teams.

-There will be a DRAFT Discussion Thread: To talk about picks whatnot

-There will be a DRAFT Selection Thread: for SELECTIONS only.

-An a DRAFT Order & Results Thread: i.e. basically a tracker.

In addition to the above, in the event that you may not be available to make your selection, there will be a designated "commish" you can pm your immediate draft board to, so that a player you want can be selected for you in your absence. 

Also, I call "Bullsh*t" that a new-guy (no offense NYJetsvets91) gets to be the Jets and the Niners (who have more picks than any other team).  Normally the heavy drafting teams are reserved for consistent posters so we can trust that we're not all waiting around, twiddling our dicks. 

Also, I call "Bullsh*t" that a new-guy (no offense NYJetsvets91) gets to be the Jets and the Niners (who have more picks than any other team).  Normally the heavy drafting teams are reserved for consistent posters so we can trust that we're not all waiting around, twiddling our dicks. 

That's fair I'm gonna ask VetsJets to pick one team he wants to keep and I'll take the other one and give it to Tom. 

I'm in, only 3 teams I would have had a preference of are taken so give me whoever.

Thanks! I emailed Aidan Mackie about contributing some Jets material and he just threatened me, telling me to stay off his turf

I am in.

You 3 guys might want to pick your teams now. Remember the only two teams without a first rounder is the Colts and Skins. Since I gave myself the Browns who have 2 ones I'll probably take one of those two, but somebody will end up with the other. 

You 3 guys might want to pick your teams now. Remember the only two teams without a first rounder is the Colts and Skins. Since I gave myself the Browns who have 2 ones I'll probably take one of those two, but somebody will end up with the other.

Alright, I'll go Lions and Bears

Ok I'll do it, I'll take the Texans, and the Seahawks.

In addition to the above, in the event that you may not be available to make your selection, there will be a designated "commish" you can pm your immediate draft board to, so that a player you want can be selected for you in your absence.

It also helps if you PM the next GM that's picking if you're not going to be available so they don't have to wait.

This morning i asked for bears and saunts.

Ok, so looking for a solid 16 posters who are willing to invest their time and energy into making this, once again, a fun annual event. To sign up, please post here and pick your two teams. We can discuss further once we get people in place but plan on this mock going 4 rounds.

1. HessStation: Cleveland Browns &

2. NYJetsVets91: New York Jets or San Francisco 49ers & Pittsburgh Steelers

3. TomShane: New York Giants &

4. SayNoToDMC: Detroit Lions &

5. Greenseed4: St. Louis Rams & Arizona Cardinals

6. NY Mick: Atlanta Falcons & Denver Broncos

7. Lupz27: Houston Texans & Seattle Seahawks

8. JayKwaz: Chicago Bears & New Orleans Saints

9. JiF: Jacksonville Jaguars & Baltimore Ravens

10. Villain: Buffalo Bills and New England Patriots

11. Jetscode: Tennessee Titans & Dallas Cowboys

12. ozzieny: Minnesota Vikings & Green Bay Packers

Sign me up as well, please.

Hope I'm not too late.... was out of town the past couple of days!

Didn't know seniority determined your teams... I've been a pretty active poster, I'm on pretty much every day. Hence been the first one to reply to the thread. I guess if it's going to cost me my spot though I'll take the Jets and the Raiders. 

Didn't know seniority determined your teams... I've been a pretty active poster, I'm on pretty much every day. Hence been the first one to reply to the thread. I guess if it's going to cost me my spot though I'll take the Jets and the Raiders.

good point. You can keep the teams, I'm giving Tom The Raiders.

Ok, so looking for a solid 16 posters who are willing to invest their time and energy into making this, once again, a fun annual event. To sign up, please post here and pick your two teams. We can discuss further once we get people in place but plan on this mock going 4 rounds.

1. HessStation: Cleveland Browns & 

2. NYJetsVets91: New York Jets & San Francisco 49ers

3. TomShane: New York Giants & Oakland Raiders

4. SayNoToDMC: Detroit Lions & Philadelphia Eagles

5. Greenseed4: St. Louis Rams & Arizona Cardinals

6. NY Mick: Atlanta Falcons & Denver Broncos

7. Lupz27: Houston Texans & Seattle Seahawks

8. JayKwaz: Chicago Bears & New Orleans Saints

9. JiF: Jacksonville Jaguars & Baltimore Ravens

10. Villain: Buffalo Bills & New England Patriots

11. Jetscode: Tennessee Titans & Dallas Cowboys

12. ozzieny: Minnesota Vikings & Green Bay Packers

13. eboozer: Miami Dolphins & Tampa Bay Bucs

14. #27TheDominator:

15. LAD_Brooklyn:

16. SenorGato:

Draft Rules:

1. Each "GM" will have 3 hours to make his selection/pick. If the pick is not in on time, dbatesman will make the pick. If dbatesman doesn't make the pick within the hour, the next team in line can make both picks.

2. No Trades

3. Game/Draft hours are 8am-8pm Monday through Friday. Feel free to make as many selections during off hours, including weekends. In fact, you are ENCOURAGED to do so. 

4. After you make your selection YOU MUST PM the next team's GM notifying him that, he is on the clock. 

5.16 players, each player has two teams.

6. You will be given a Link to Draft Order. Example: http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2014.php

-There will be a DRAFT Discussion Thread: To talk about picks whatnot

-There will be a DRAFT Selection Thread: for SELECTIONS ONLY.

-There will be a DRAFT Order & Results Thread: i.e. basically a tracker.

So am I on the clock yet?

Archived