Malaysian Plane Along With 200+ Passengers 'Disappears'

BroadwayJoe12

Soo, this actually happened.  What's everyone thinking: hijacking gone wrong and crashed? Shot down? How do the stolen passports come into play, or do they?  

The most recent update that I've found has been some minor debris by the Vietnam navy.  You'd think that with a plan that size, the debris scatter pattern would be pretty easy to spot with this type of search. 

I haven't been following this all that closely, but it sounds like a terrible tragedy.  So sad.

Agreed. Hopefully they'll be able to provide better answers than "possible mid-air disintegration," so that the families can get some closure and properly grieve. 

The piece of information that I found so shocking, was that of the 1 billion people who fly internationally every year, four out of 10 - a full 40 percent - are never checked against interpol's database of lost or stolen documents, to see if they're traveling on false papers, even though the database costs nothing to check. I mean that in and of itself is just ridiculous.  Apparently setting up an interface to check it and utilize this database would not require that much capital or resources, countries just don't do it.  At least the US gets this right.

They have not found the debris. Earlier reports of finding the debris have been discredited. They have no idea on where the black boxes are.

There were two guys who bought tickets on this flight together, one to fly to Frankfurt and other to Copenhagen both via Beijing and then Amsterdam. Really long way to get to Europe.

There are quite a few theories.

Hopefully they find the debris and the black boxes for better clues. This is more baffling than when the tragedy of AF 447 occurred.

They have not found the debris. Earlier reports of finding the debris have been discredited. They have no idea on where the black boxes are.

There were two guys who bought tickets on this flight together, one to fly to Frankfurt and other to Copenhagen both via Beijing and then Amsterdam. Really long way to get to Europe.

There are quite a few theories.

Hopefully they find the debris and the black boxes for better clues. This is more baffling than when the tragedy of AF 447 occurred.

The longer this drags on the crazier the theories will get and that's really the last thing the families need.  I don't know nearly enough about air travel or search and rescue to know how difficult it is to find a crashed plane, but in general when there's an unsolved problem I always fall back to Occam's razor

1) Electronics malfunction, plane crashed, cannot find debris

2) Shot down by high-powered missile, led to disintegration of aircraft.  

Those involve the least amount of variables.  Still, it all seems quite strange.

My theory (but I don't follow it that closely):

-pilot wants to snag a plane and take it somewhere in Indian Ocean.

-flies up high to quiet the passengers

-comes down, didn't work, goes up high again.

-he's a moron, and he passes out too.

-plane flies until it runs out of gas.

bloop.  

My theory (but I don't follow it that closely):

-pilot wants to snag a plane and take it somewhere in Indian Ocean.

-flies up high to quiet the passengers

-comes down, didn't work, goes up high again.

-he's a moron, and he passes out too.

-plane flies until it runs out of gas.

bloop.  

I read an article the other day that explained the rise in elevation.

The article asked a pilot what he thought happened.

He speculated that an eletrical fire likely happened on the plane. As a means to combat/fix the issue, they take systems offline like the transponder.

The right turn, as originally reported last week, he reasoned was a common practice among pilots when an emergency arrises. He said, pilots try to maintain situational awareness of nearby airports to their current position in case of emergency. It is not always practical to return to a major airport. When he looked at the path of the turn it was towards an airport on an island right off of Malaysia.

The rise in elevation is a practice to lessen the oxygen in the airplane in case the fire is out of control.

He speculated that the pilots succumbed to the fire and the plane ran until out of gas.

I do not know how that or if it relates to the new information coming out.

• 3 months later...

whether Ukrainians thought it was Russian plane posing threat and they rocketed it down or like in Poland w/Hitler where he claimed Poland killed Germans 1st (red herring to justify 9/1/39 invasion) the Russians did it, to provide a 'excuse' to say they have to occupy totally the Ukraine.

Archived